Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Don't look now but John Wall is getting a consistent jumper and not going full speed all the time... Crazy talent #Wizards

Garrett Temple played 43 min tonight. Scored 16 pts, made 4 of 7 3s, 7 boards, 4 ast, 2 steals.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Bad field goal percentage and rebounding disadvantage = close game to an inferior team. 

Who said a few pages back that 3rd stringers always seem to have career games against us.  

Well it happened again last night. 

Pierce had an off shooting night but he was + 16 so there’s that. 

Edited by Rocky21

They want to be the Bad Boys.

Did I call that or did I call that? Seriously, go back and read my old posts. Been saying that from the start. Last team to win a title with a PG as THE guy was the Bad Boys and that's who we need to be emulating. Wall=Zeke, Beal=Dumars, tons of rough bigs down low who love doing the dirty work. Can't express how happy and thrilled I am that it's finally coming true. Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I missed most of this game, I saw the 1st qtr, looks like I missed a crazy one. Pacers defense always gives the Wizards fits. Styles make fights....

Yeah, the Pacers have our number. Hibbert wakes up and dominates when he plays us.

Next monkey we need to get off our back is Charlotte. We should not be losing to them like we have.

Did anyone else see last night that the amount of OT games we played last season was tied for 5th most in NBA history? We went 4-8. That team gets close to 50 wins if they have a closer like Pierce. We're going to get there this year.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

This has been a great start so far, even without Beal.  I guess it shouldn't be a surprise, I expected a drop-off, but it's shocking how bad the Pacers look without George and Stephenson.

Hibbert sure as hell didn't dominate last night, not on the offensive end anyway.

Yeah, the Pacers have our number. Hibbert wakes up and dominates when he plays us.

Next monkey we need to get off our back is Charlotte. We should not be losing to them like we have.

I thought Hibbert didn't make a single FG last night? And didn't he have multiple games in our series against us last postseason where he didn't score a single point? I know he had the one game where they focused on getting him the ball and he blew up, but I thought he sucked the rest of the time?

Anyway, as someone mentioned last page, Toronto is the one we really need to show up against. They absolutely owned us last year.

Btw, last night, who watched the game on CSN and who watched the game on ESPN? Personally I went ESPN. Buck and Phil are gods to me (especially when you compare them to Larry Michaels and Bob Carpenter, though I thought Carpenter got better this past season) but I always love hearing the national media on our Wizards. Gives you a good sense of how we are viewed.

Like someone once told me never watch/read news from your country. (Think it was my bunky at the prison in California. Dutch they called him, because he was...Dutch. Got caught at LAX trying to fly back home with, IIRC, a bunch of coke. He was awesome And me and him were literally the only two white guys on the entire floor;like 100 to 200 people. It's why tbe guards bunked us together. He was big too, and I don't mean fat. Writing to him later on, told me that about a week after I left they had a riot. Always been kind of bitter I missed that. And that concludes GACOLB aka Colin's Story Time of the Week.) But yeah, said watch it from outside. It's the only way you'll get the true story (why BBC World News on PBS is the only news I watch). Same deal.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Btw, last night, who watched the game on CSN and who watched the game on ESPN? Personally I went ESPN. Buck and Phil are gods to me (especially when you compare them to Larry Michaels and Bob Carpenter, though I thought Carpenter got better this past season) but I always love hearing the national media on our Wizards. Gives you a good sense of how we are viewed. Like someone once told me never watch/read news from your country. Watch it from outside. It's the only way you'll get the true story (why BBC World News on PBS is the only news I watch). Same deal.

Not to mention, better HD clarity on ESPN than CSN.  Anyone else notice this?