Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 games in 5 nights and we go 3-1.  I'll freaking take it.  Rest up, boys!

It was ugly, but that's the bottom line you can take away.

Once again, we gutted out a tough win against an awful team. Various guys stepping up to will us to the win from night to night. That's what it's going to be until we finally start to cohere and play well as a team. It's frustrating. But our main goal is to keep our record good while we struggle.

We're not a really good team yet. But it's November and we're missing our second best player and our two best shooters and still trying to work in a new starter.

Yeah, that too. It was a clear charge. lol I don't know what the ref was doing. One would think the bamma was point shaving or something...

Yeah, that was so amateur. The one time we step up and take a charge on an out of control drive and the ref calls us for a block after waiting about five seconds.

I prefer Natural Light.

Miller High Life for me.

• Like 1

Toronto had more to do with poor shooting and sloppiness than anything else. We were getting good looks, just not hitting. Meanwhile they made everything. Pierce & Nene were awful in that game, and Pierce was awful tonight as well. Wittman needs to be more willing to put Otto in when that happens.

I don't really care how it looks as long as we're able to continue treading water until Beal & Webster come back.

So just getting home, turn the TV on, hit the DVR and notice my Wizards folder at the top of the list. Hmmm. Open it up and I got "Timeless Lakers" from TWC SportsNet, the Lakers channel, taped. What the hell? Hit info, "2003: Wizards at Lakers, Kobe vs Jordan"

How about this starting lineup:

NSFL

Ahhh the memories. (I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it lol)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

It's really strange that the memories of the greatest player of all time playing for your team are bad bad bad terrible ones that your brain tries to delete as soon as it picks them up.  I can't remember seeing that picture. I've already forgotten it.  What are you talking about?  5-2?  Great.  This season has been fantastic so far. 

It's really strange that the memories of the greatest player of all time playing for your team are bad bad bad terrible ones that your brain tries to delete as soon as it picks them up. I can't remember seeing that picture. I've already forgotten it. What are you talking about? 5-2? Great. This season has been fantastic so far.

You're right. My bad. I edited

Oh, ****! Kobe goes for 55! Ya gotta watch a little just to see the power and grace that is Jahidi White.

Lol. I'm watching. Wiz up 11-4 early. Jordan has hit his first 4 shots

Entire team hasn't missed. 7-7, we're up 15-7

Lol goddamn Jahidi was one fat ****. I mean standing next to 3-time-champion Shaq and he still looks fat

I hate to be calling names but come on...

20141109_215708_RichtoneHDR_zps1mjveubr.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Kobe scored the last 20 Lakers points and 27 for the game. 9:40 left...in the 2nd quarter

Make that 23 in a row (in 5 minutes and 42 seconds) and 30 on the game (out of the Lakers 38 points).

Lakers announcer: "Looks like this is payback for the Wizards thrilling win earlier this year at the MCI Center."

Lol I wasn't going to watch and I need to get to sleep but I can't look away.

Anyway, back to Jordan's time here and bad memories, I knock him and hate on him for his utter-bull**** self-serving circlejerk retirement tour cluster**** (aren't enough expletives in the world to accurately describe it) every chance I get, but he did give me one great memory. I've talked about the before but I'll share again

December 29th (iirc), 2001. Was home for the first time since joining the Army. I actually enlisted one month before 9/11 and shipped off to basic one month after (talk about good timing lol) so it was a stressful time and good to be home. My big Xmas present was Wizards tickets, get to see Jordan here for the first time. Was so excited. Couldn't have gotten a better present. Went with my mom, stepdad and younger brother. And guess what? Jordan didn't disappoint. Scored 51. It was awesome to witness. And I think it might've been the last 50 point game of his career.

They were giving out black winter knit caps that night. I still got it and I still rock it to this day. To make it even better, Wall's home debut, they gave out the blue version of the exact same hat. And yup, still got it and still rock it.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

In the first game against the Pistons last year, I remember Andre Drummond killed us inside on the offensive glass. Going to have to get him in foul trouble or find a way to keep a body on him or else he'll wear us out.

Detroit is the only front line in the East bigger than us. They rebound better than us and pass almost as well as we do. How bad do their guards have to be for that team to suck as much as they have?

Do we go big on big and try and match up with them and keep Josh Smith at SF where he is awful?

Or do we go small and play Pierce at PF to make them leave the paint and go small?

Here's a what if: Suppose Charlotte takes Beal second in 2012 and we get Andre Drummond at 3. How different does our team look today? Are we better off if that happened?