Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/digger/wp/2014/11/13/leonsis-targets-d-c-arlington-for-wizards-practice-facility/

Leonsis targets D.C., Arlington for Wizards practice facility

Driven by what he’s termed an “arms race” to build the biggest and best practice facilities for NBA teams, Wizards and Mystics owner Ted Leonsis has begun touring sites in Arlington and D.C. and inquiring with local officials about what kind of support they might provide for a facility of his own.

Leonsis is narrowing in on sites in Crystal City, Ballston and the Shaw neighborhood of Northwest D.C., according to a source close to the team. The team currently practices at a court that at the Verizon Center.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity because the search is meant to be private, the source said Leonsis envisioned a venue resembling one the Chicago Bulls opened in September, as a way of trying to attract and keep better players.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/wizards-receive-good-news-bradley-beal

Wizards receive good news on Bradley Beal

There is a strong chance that Bradley Beal could practice with the Wizards next week after his evaluation by doctors today.

"The report was terrific," his agent Mark Bartelstein told CSNwashington.com. "It's all good news ... there were no setbacks," he said, but would not be any more specific. 

Beal, who has shot the ball, but hasn't been able to catch or make passes with his surgically repaired left wrist, had a procedure Oct. 12 after he had a collision in an exhibition game. 

The Wizards play the Orlando Magic on Saturday and likely won't practice Sunday. Monday could be Beal's first practice session. He was projected to be out six weeks by the team and he'll be entering Week 6. 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Feels like we've had a bye week for the Wizards, I'm ready to see this team play again.

And hopefully keep beating the teams we should beat. "Easy" stretch of the early schedule ends tonight, because these are the seven that follow it:

Dallas

Cleveland

@Milwaukee

Atlanta

@Cleveland

New Orleans

Miami

Oladipo back in the lineup for ORL.

I kind of figured this was his first game when I saw him warming up. I don't remember seeing him playing this week.

Two more things...

1. Why in the world is Joey Crawford still in the league reffing?

2. Sometimes I see John Wall make a good play, and I just smile. Just knowing he's on my team puts a smile on my face lol

Otto needs to get more aggressive, he seems to content with just being on the floor at times. I don't even notice he's out there until they point him out. Young players....

I wish Witt would play him more with Wall. Feels like his offensive potential is being wasted when Miller is running the point.

• Like 1

Seraphin looks like a completely different offensive player this season. He used to be a hook shot machine. He had one move, couldn't dribble or pass. Now he's taking runners, in rhythm jump shots, attacking the rim, dribbling a little bit, passing out of doubles, and he's even looking lighter in his feet.

I'm not saying he's good, but he's made more progress than I thought he would in his career in this last offseason.

Still needs to up his BBIQ, rebounding, and his speed sliding over on help defense.

Holy **** Nene time machine dunk!

Edited by Destino

I wish Witt would play him more with Wall. Feels like his offensive potential is being wasted when Miller is running the point.

Yeah, I think you're right. He's not really getting the ball in scoring spots with Miller. The few times I've seen him call for the ball, it's been something like way the hell out in the high post or something and then he just passes back out.

With Wall it seems like he moves around the floor a lot better. Wall makes everyone look better.