Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal said the pain in his wrist was minimal. Felt it for a second and it’d go away. Said some of it probably had to do with adrenaline.

Key, both Beal and Wittman said, is how wrist responds over next couple days.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ernie did a good job building this roster, but does anyone else get that occasional pang of what might have been if we hadn't whiffed on the 2011 draft? Forget the Vesely pick, imagine if we'd have taken Faried over Singleton. Damn. A Wall, Beal, Porter, Faried, Gortat line up would be a thing of beauty.

Wonder if Denver will trade Faried? Or spend to keep him once he hits FA.

I wonder if we'd be able to go after Faried and still keep enough flexibility to pursue Durant?

He did? ****, I thought he was going to hit the open market.

I'm not sure he's worth it anyway. His high energy is great but I'm not sure he's all that effective in the half court offense of post season ball. Plus I think I remember him being a pretty terrible defender, haven't really looked at him too closely in a while though.

Edited by Destino

Posted an article about Denver in the NBA thread yesterday. Apparently he's a crazy piece of **** and his teammates can't stand him

. That article claims that he says "crazy ****" but I wonder what that means. Is it like "I'm a superstar" even though he isn't or is it crazy crazy like shouting "I'm going to eat your heart" at teammates in practice? :)

Based on the rest of the article, how they have no superstar and how they overpayed him, I'm assuming it's the former. That he's some egotistical primadonna that thinks he's a top 5 player or something and should be treated as such

Another thing with that article, it didn't say it flat out say it but I took their small bit about the Nene/Javale trade to mean that we won that (and they made it worse with Javale's extension).

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Based on the rest of the article, how they have no superstar and how they overpayed him, I'm assuming it's the former. That he's some egotistical primadonna that thinks he's a top 5 player or something and should be treated as such

Another thing with that article, it didn't say it flat out say it but I took their small bit about the Nene/Javale trade to mean that we won that (and they made it worse with Javale's extension).

I could see his lockerroom being resentful of the money he makes. Although he is sure as **** more deserving of his money than Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and JaVale McGee are of theirs. And I could see Faried viewing his contract extension as a mandate to lead while his teammates don't accept him as a legitimate leader. But I think it's a leap to go from that to egotistical primadonna. That conflicts with all the accounts that he's one of the league's good guys and a humble player.

I think he'd be fine if Denver didn't have such a big leadership void.

God I can't stand how much time in between games there has been lately.

You ain't lying. Like RA15 said, it feels like a goddamn bye week.

That's one thing I love about baseball. There's a game damn near every night. And I like the night games, the norm for the NBA and MLB. It's the perfect way to wind down and close out the day.

I could see his lockerroom being resentful of the money he makes. Although he is sure as **** more deserving of his money than Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and JaVale McGee are of theirs. And I could see Faried viewing his contract extension as a mandate to lead while his teammates don't accept him as a legitimate leader. But I think it's a leap to go from that to egotistical primadonna. That conflicts with all the accounts that he's one of the league's good guys and a humble player.

I think he'd be fine if Denver didn't have such a big leadership void.

If you haven't already, you should read the article about Denver. Very interesting and right up your alley

http://es.pn/1uFpMKe

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Michael Adams is the new Wizards/NBA guy on 980. Loved him growing up (off the top of my head, my 3rd favorite Bullets guard from my childhood--Strick, 1, Robert Pack 2 and Adams 3). He's doing his first appearance now. So far so good, but nothing special. Gotta give him time to grow into the role.

Having a total brain fart on who 980 had in that role last year (someone help me out here?) but I wasn't feeling him at all. He had a good radio personality but his bball and NBA knowledge left a lot to be desired.

On the flipside, Laron Profit was OUTSTANDING before him. Full package, great radio personality, great bball knowledge (and great at sharing/communicating it) and still plugged into the League. It showed with the job he left the station for (Orlando Magic assistant coach--anyone know if he's still there?)

Anyway, first impression of Adams, the opposite of last dude. Dry radio personality but great bball knowledge and good at conveying it.

Sorry. I spend so much time in the car driving, I actually listen to the radio more than I watch TV. Probably the last person in the country saying this, but this ****, the radio, matters to me.

GACOLB-

Your question on Laron got me looking to see where laron is now.  I ended up stumbling through various other 'people also searched for' links before stumbling on this Obina Ekezie from a few years ago... Im sure the Maryland fans will find it interesting.  This is the same guy that had to be disciplined at UMD for skipping practice for a study group.

http://www.krisjones.com/obinna-ekezie-interview/

Edited by Brad_Edwards_Fan

Wittman said Beal’s left wrist wasn’t sore today. More about about soreness from practicing for 1st time in almost 6 weeks.

Wittman didn’t shut down the possibility of Beal playing tomorrow. Said he’ll be evaluated tmrw morning after shootaround.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Michael Adams is the new Wizards/NBA guy on 980. Loved him growing up (off the top of my head, my 3rd favorite Bullets guard from my childhood--Strick, 1, Robert Pack 2 and Adams 3). He's doing his first appearance now. So far so good, but nothing special. Gotta give him time to grow into the role.

Yeah, I heard that today too. He did a pretty good job. And I can't remember who was their guy last year either. I am like you, I remember Profit, but I can't remember who did it last year. 

I drove from Savannah, GA to Richmond, VA today…7.5 hours.  Listened to the NBA channel on Sirius for about 3.5 hours of that.

Not. One. Word.  About the Wizards.  Plenty about damn near every team in the league.  But not the 7-2 Wizards.

Just putting that out there.

And, Michael Adams?  Man, I loved that guy growing up.  Ahead of his time with the way he used the 3 pointer and had a slick, unorthodox release.  Pretty much the Tim Hardaway/Nate Robinson of his day and would easily be able to light it up against todays players.

is_41b.jpg

• Like 1