Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Lavar feeling himself or is he giving hints on how to beat the Colts (Hard Hits bi-polarism)

WhoRUSupposed2Be

LJ did exactly what Shanny brought him in for.

Pushed CP to get in the best possible shape during the off-season.

CP is playing as hard as he can, in the best shape that he can be in.

The sad thing is that it does not appear that he can get it done, hence the move to the young guys.

The new pick-up from Buff is simply smoke and mirrors, something that MS and BA are experts at.

Agreed on all points...I also agree w. the poster who said this is about Keiland Williams as well. Let's not forget Shanny's track-record in finding diamonds in the rough (Mike Anderson/Olandis Gary). He sees something in Williams, and I have total faith in Shanny that he's making the right decisions here.

*Out of curiosity, has Lavar EVER admitted to being wrong on his show? They get extremely rude w. callers with differing viewpoints, and I don't get why most of the callers kiss their behinds on air.

Well I do get Lavar's point that Larry Johnson was who he is through the entire pre-season and he is who he is after the second game....a slow bruiser who doesn't really fit the hit the hole quickly, cut back type of slasher that you need for a zone blocking scheme.

Why get rid of him now? He hasn't changed one bit from the first week of camp. Can our staff evaluate talent or can't we?

Well I do get Lavar's point that Larry Johnson was who he is through the entire pre-season and he is who he is after the second game....a slow bruiser who doesn't really fit the hit the hole quickly, cut back type of slasher that you need for a zone blocking scheme.

Why get rid of him now? He hasn't changed one bit from the first week of camp. Can our staff evaluate talent or can't we?

Because he barely made the team in the first place, was on the bubble and now they found someone else who can produce just as much as he ever would and also play ST as well? No? :whoknows:

:)

LaVar is a bitter man.

That some organization gives him a wide audience to vent is poor decision making by that media outlet.

Well, when the said media outlet markets itself to those disaffected to the current owner of the team, it makes more sense. Lavar's primary audience are those who still love him from his time as a player and hate Dan Snyder.

And another thing, yes, Simpson was cut by Buffalo, Chad that is not O.J. And yes, Buffalo is perhaps the worst team in the league. But don't they also have a stockpile of Running Backs? C.J. Spiller, Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson. Do we really think Chad Simpson could find a spot on that roster?

Because he barely made the team in the first place, was on the bubble and now they found someone else who can produce just as much as he ever would and also play ST as well?
Well he was the second running back on the depth chart and was the first to come in when Portis was taking a breather. Is that barely making the team?

Hey I love this coaching staff compared to the last but I have to question their ability to tell a good one from a bad one. LJ is the same dude after week 2 that he was on day 1 of training camp. What took them so long to figure that out?

The Haynesworth crap is about 90% media driven. We have no reason to believe there is anything more than a tweaked ankle sidelining him at this point. Haven't heard different from coach or AH.

We cut Larry Johnson.

We cut Larry Johnson.

We cut Larry Johnson in 2010.

What did yall expect the coach to say "Well, Larry kinda sucks but we'll stick with him for awhile. Not really many options other than some no-name in Buffalo who might get cut."

Can't believe people get so pissed about this crap. I guess after Cerrato, the DC media got used to a coach spilling the beans on everything. Now they can't get used to Coach Speak 101 and wanna cry about it.

We cut Larry Johnson.

Coach Speak.

Well he was the second running back on the depth chart and was the first to come in when Portis was taking a breather. Is that barely making the team?

Hey I love this coaching staff compared to the last but I have to question their ability to tell a good one from a bad one. LJ is the same dude after week 2 that he was on day 1 of training camp. What took them so long to figure that out?

running at 1/2 and 3/4 speed against your own team, and then in preseason when EVERYONE is being evaluated is worlds apart from real NFL snaps. he did enough to make it to the dance, then immediately fell on his face......thats what took "so long"

running at 1/2 and 3/4 speed against your own team, and then in preseason when EVERYONE is being evaluated is worlds apart from real NFL snaps. he did enough to make it to the dance, then immediately fell on his face......thats what took "so long"
My bad. Shanahan is a Golden God.

My bad. Shanahan is a Golden God.

you asked, you were answered. if you werent astute enough to see it on your own, which i assume is why you asked, dont get all pouty when someone provides an answer.

and for the record this type of thing happens with all teams. nothing special or indicative of Shanahan.

As for the parents bringing in their kids, Shottenheimer is now the OC of the Jets, so it's not like he is out of a job with out his dad to hire him. In fact he was listed as a prime canidate for the Dolphins HC job and later for the Jets HC job. He's far from the worst coordinator in the league. So to present his hiring in DC as nepotism in anyway seems odd.

I'm going out on a limb and say that there is much more behind the scenes. I think Johnson has shown his displeasure or role in the offense. He is refusing to play special teams. Now he has to defend his play in the small amount of carries he got (running backward). I am glad he is gone. I think Williams is going to be something special if we can get the blocking down. The only concern I have is another team grabbing Johnson to squeeze info from him.

Hail.

I'm going out on a limb and say that there is much more behind the scenes. I think Johnson has shown his displeasure or role in the offense. He is refusing to play special teams. Now he has to defend his play in the small amount of carries he got (running backward). I am glad he is gone. I think Williams is going to be something special if we can get the blocking down. The only concern I have is another team grabbing Johnson to squeeze info from him.

Hail.

maybe we never planned on keeping johnson all season in the first place. maybe we were waiting for something else to play out. maybe, just maybe, this has something to do with (as mentioned in another thread on the subject) Shanahan "holding back" something for the rest of the season.....then again, maybe johnson just sucked vs. real NFL competition. who knows? but....i like the former better.

He's actually brought up some great points. Why can't we question the decisions being made?

The only point in this is the one on top of his head.

He starts off the whole thing based on the suppositions and stupidity that have absolutely nothing to do with his desire to create a strawman conspiracy theory.

He's actually brought up some great points. Why can't we question the decisions being made?

:helmet:

Because we cut a 2nd string running back. LJ wasn't going to play a big role in the offense unless CP got hurt anyway. Apparently they've liked what they've seen from Keiland Williams and feel he can help the team more than LJ. I don't see what the big deal is.

He never should've been signed, that's the big deal. Releasing LJ isn't the point of LAs' column. The column is about the decision makers in the FO, we ran into this problem before.

I still don't understand the concern. They took a chance on the guy, he was cheap, now he's gone. He's trying to create this big deal where there really isn't any. It wasn't as if they missed out on any person, place or thing by signing the guy.

LaVagina is running out of strawmen.

I refuse to click on that link. Thankfully the OP quoted the relevant portion. Is Lavar really trashing this regime after 2 games? One was a win that no one thought we would get. The other came down to an overtime FG against a team with one of the best offenses in the league. Also keep in mind that this team was 4-12 last season. Yet Lavar is already bringing up Spurrier comparisons???

Lavar, how do you have a column???

Archived