Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Lavar feeling himself or is he giving hints on how to beat the Colts (Hard Hits bi-polarism)

WhoRUSupposed2Be

I still don't understand the concern. They took a chance on the guy, he was cheap, now he's gone. He's trying to create this big deal where there really isn't any. It wasn't as if they missed out on any person, place or thing by signing the guy.

LaVagina is running out of strawmen.

The concern is with the decision makers in the FO of the organization. LJ shouldn't have been signed. He didn't fit this system from first day of OTAs. That's the concern.

The concern is with the decision makers in the FO of the organization. LJ shouldn't have been signed. He didn't fit this system from first day of OTAs. That's the concern.

So what's the big deal... ? I still fail to understand why this is such a big deal. We were thin at the position, they tried, it didn't work, they let him go. LaWanda needs to go back to his mothership on the far side of the moon or something and dig for better than this.

I've mentioned my theory on this in the other thread. I think that LJ was brought in simply because Shanahan maybe admired his running style when he was in the AFC west years ago and picked him up and give it a shot. I honestly think that they should have come to this decision in the preseason, but I'm not a football personnel person. The situation is as simple as this: they picked him up and gave him an incentive laden contract, they gave the guy an extended tryout, it didn't work out and they are moving on. They aren't trying to keep him around and make it work the way we did with TJ Duckett. LaVar is trying to stir the pot with a comb.

Well he was the second running back on the depth chart and was the first to come in when Portis was taking a breather. Is that barely making the team?

Hey I love this coaching staff compared to the last but I have to question their ability to tell a good one from a bad one. LJ is the same dude after week 2 that he was on day 1 of training camp. What took them so long to figure that out?

If you must, refer to the other posters that suggested motivation and uncertainty to be the driving forces in the decision of keeping LJ.

I've mentioned my theory on this in the other thread. I think that LJ was brought in simply because Shanahan maybe admired his running style when he was in the AFC west years ago and picked him up and give it a shot. I honestly think that they should have come to this decision in the preseason, but I'm not a football personnel person. The situation is as simple as this: they picked him up and gave him an incentive laden contract, they gave the guy an extended tryout, it didn't work out and they are moving on. They aren't trying to keep him around and make it work the way we did with TJ Duckett. LaVar is trying to stir the pot with a comb.

This is exactly LAs' point. They should've come to this decision during the preseason. Nobody cares that LJ was cut especially LA. The point is he never should've been signed but since he was he should've been cut during the preseason.

:helmet:

I think that LJ was brought in simply because Shanahan maybe admired his running style when he was in the AFC west years ago and picked him up and give it a shot. I honestly think that they should have come to this decision in the preseason, but I'm not a football personnel person. The situation is as simple as this: they picked him up and gave him an incentive laden contract, they gave the guy an extended tryout, it didn't work out and they are moving on. They aren't trying to keep him around and make it work the way we did with TJ Duckett. LaVar is trying to stir the pot with a comb.

LJ (& WP) was brought in to DRIVE CP.

Do you honestly think CP would be in as good of shape as he is without the threat of losing his job to LJ?

Honestly, as much as I like CP, he is one year removed from being LJ.

That is why K Will and R Tor will be playing in the backfield on a regular basis before this season is over.

The only way that this would have played out differently is if LJ had exploded all over the place and found his 04-08 form. You would have seen CP released if that had been the case and he was losing 10 yards on cutbacks....

LJ (& WP) was brought in to DRIVE CP.

Do you honestly think CP would be in as good of shape as he is without the threat of losing his job to LJ?

Honestly, as much as I like CP, he is one year removed from being LJ.

That is why K Will and R Tor will be playing in the backfield on a regular basis before this season is over.

The only way that this would have played out differently is if LJ had exploded all over the place and found his 04-08 form. You would have seen CP released if that had been the case and he was losing 10 yards on cutbacks....

I agree with this as well. It added a much needed sense of competition to training camp. One could also argue that this could be yet another message being sent to CP. "Perform or you're next"

Lavar is going off on the radio about the fans...lol

He writes the article and then doesn't like the feedback

Tuning in now. My reply to that is, "Write a better article." My thoughts on it are posted in the tags below.

So what's the big deal... ? I still fail to understand why this is such a big deal. We were thin at the position, they tried, it didn't work, they let him go. LaWanda needs to go back to his mothership on the far side of the moon or something and dig for better than this.

I'm starting to realize here, that no matter what is said objectively. Most of you just don't like LA and that's not ever going to change. He presented his opinion on things and most people got riled up. Most of you are mad at the messenger instead of the message. The overall point of his column is about the decision makers in the FO. LA has nothing to gain by personally attacking this team. But some of you refuse to look at things with an open mind. Your angry at LA and your going to hold on to it.

Okay, then AT WORST, they made a small mistake on the 2nd string RB who only got 5 carries.

Let's move on.

I didn't start this thread, I had already moved on. I signed on, read the column, and understood the point. It's not a small mistake. Decisions are being made at Redskins Park and nobody should be held accountable?

I'm starting to realize here, that no matter what is said objectively. Most of you just don't like LA and that's not ever going to change. He presented his opinion on things and most people got riled up. Most of you are mad at the messenger instead of the message. The overall point of his column is about the decision makers in the FO. LA has nothing to gain by personally attacking this team. But some of you refuse to look at things with an open mind. Your angry at LA and your going to hold on to it.

Nothing to gain? He is making a living off of bashing the team. That's it. That's what he does. It works for him with the knucklehead on the radio. And it remains to be seen if it will work for him with the post. Nothing is thought out. Nothing is objective. An example....prior to the Cowboy game there was a "rumor" which turned out to be a joke that the Redskins would wear all black for the opener. Lavar and his adoring partner started off talking about how it was yet another money grab by Snyder. That they were going to do this to make fans buy more jerseys. To pad his pockets. Blah Blah Blah. About halfway through their show the story changed. It came out that it was a joke by Jammal Brown. And then the whole show turned to "why won't Snyder do something like this for the fans? They would love the all black uniforms. It would be different. It would be unique. The current uniforms obviously aren't working" It was like a light switch flipped when the story changed. They were opposed to it when they thought it was happening. They were opposed to it not happening when they found out that was the case.

Nothing to gain? Since his foray into the restaurant business failed this is his latest attempt at a livelihood.

That's pretty much how I look at it as well.

This is exactly LAs' point. They should've come to this decision during the preseason. Nobody cares that LJ was cut especially LA. The point is he never should've been signed but since he was he should've been cut during the preseason.

:helmet:

Yeah he should have, but he wasn't. Plain and simple. It's not like we are that far removed from pre-season. I've been happy with the majority of personnel moves made by Allen.

I usually am ok with Lavar and what he has to say because his first few articles had some good stuff in it, but this one to me just seemed like it was pointless. I understand it's his opinion and I respect it but I just don't agree with it. Larry was looking pitiful in the games and they cut him, he didn't perform to the standards needed and they got rid of him

The guy is getting paid to be a contrarian voice for the team, thus has plenty to gain from attacking the team. Even the message is still a strawman one at that. There is truly no big deal concerning the signing of Larry Johnson. It was cheap, they didn't give up or pass anything to sign the guy, turns out he really couldn't make it happen when it counted and they cut him. Only someone with a tin foil hat (LaVar) thinks there would be something bizarre happening.

Not a single thing in his blog is based on valid logic. He bases it all on suppositions.

If you're going to gratuitously claim this is purely about the messenger, then anyone else can equally gratuitously claim those defending him do so regardless the situation.

Archived