Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '10-'11 Thread [Offseason Discussion]

Sticksboi05

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12322/semyon_varlamov_still_top_prospect_for_washington_capitals/

Semyon Varlamov remains the Washington Capitals’ top prospect, with American-born defender John Carlson hot on his heels. There’s been some movement in the top 20, with Andrew Gordon and Steve Pinizzotto graduating and Oskar Osala, Stefan Della Rovere, Chris Bourque, and Joel Broda joining other teams. Some new faces join the top 20, in the form of selections from the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, including Evgeny Kuznetsov (26th overall), Stanislav Galiev (85th overall), Philipp Grubauer (112th overall).

Good young club

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your word and let the filters do their job of substituting an asterisks for letters. Then check your post to see if all profanity was filtered. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Members quoting profanity filter violations without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

If a mod has not corrected this, then I'll err on their side. I WILL report you for harrassment to a mod. Keep it up!

If a mod has not corrected this, then I'll err on their side. I WILL report you for harrassment to a mod. Keep it up!

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

Thanks again.

Always good to add good young players. That's why I think the Caps window will stay open longer than most people think. If they can keep bringing up top prospects to an already dangerous team, they should be good for a very long time.

http://dumpnchase.com/?p=283

by Mike Vogel on September 24, 2010

Caps Could Go to Eleven

Are there any NHL teams that have a chance to have as many as a dozen homegrown first-round players on their opening night rosters this season? That might be how many it would take to beat the Capitals, who could have as many as 11.

Washington chose winger Alexander Semin with its second choice (first round, 13th overall) in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Four picks later, the Caps grabbed center Boyd Gordon. Those two players began their NHL careers in the District before the lockout and are the only players on the team whose careers in Washington date back to the previous collective bargaining agreement.

The 2003 NHL Entry Draft brought right wing Eric Fehr (18th overall). In 2004, the Caps enjoyed a first-round bonanza: Alex Ovechkin (first overall), Jeff Schultz (27th) and Mike Green (29th).

In the 2006 draft, Washington snagged center Nicklas Backstrom (fourth overall) and goaltender Semyon Varlamov (23rd). A year later, defenseman Karl Alzner (fifth) came into the organization followed by his blueline partner John Carlson (27th) in 2008. Finally, center Marcus Johansson was Washington’s first pick (24th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

To have 11 homegrown first-round players in a lineup (or even on a roster) simultaneously is a great achievement. The Caps have had as many as eight players on the opening night roster in previous seasons during the decade of the 2000s, but having half a roster of homegrown first-round talent is hard to fathom.

I love the young homegrown talent on the Capitals which is exactly why I think this team will continue to be competitive for a long long time. Think Red Wings. I can only hope that WIzards and Nationals follow the Caps example (already given up on the Redskins doing this.)

First off, you're quoting the violation :pfft:

Second, the singular is censored, but "****es" isn't. Same thing with ****. That's censored, but "****s" or "****waffle" aren't.

This isn't what brought me to the thread (that was a reported post I haven't finished checking out yet), but this needs to be addressed.

First, ACW, stop posting how the plurals don't get filtered but the singular does. :) Use your head, mi amigo (and one of the few guys who missed me). :ols:

People need to be smart enough to know that just because you CAN post something without the filters activating doesn't mean "it's ok." Read the rules.

Seriously, sometimes I can't believe how clue-free some people can be and I should know better, yet I still allow myself to be amazed.

Allow me to make it clear for the special people. Take the following as a posted comment:

"I'd like to take your little sister and force her to choke on my < imagine words here that obviously mean something unacceptably crude but are perfectly "normal" words that on their own would never be any issue...like hose, snake, meat>." See how that goes?

Such a post (or sentence in a post) could all be composed of words that would be no problem other than IN THE CONTEXT USED as in that example with nothing that activates the profanity filters, but it would indeed get your ass permanently banned.

The point is, as the rules state and common sense should tell you, ANYTHING you post, if of inappropriate content, can GET YOU BANNED, filter or no filter. So read the rulres carefully AND use your frakkin heads too. And tell your friends. :)

I love my Capitals. They will get me through the next 4 months. The you know who's are dog****.
Yeah. Hell, the Caps may keep getting knocked out of the playoffs early, but at least we consistently make it now (hell, we've won our division the last 3).

Archived