Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '10-'11 Thread [Offseason Discussion]

Sticksboi05

Wrong. You are in the right thread, but it's the thread where we make the Flyers our B*****es once again. HAHA. Come on in and take an ass whooping.

We are the defending Eastern Conference champs :) You haven't earned the right to smack talk. Do something when it counts ..... then we'll talk. See you in the playoffs.

says...?

Personally, I'd consider them both on the hot seat if we have another playoffs like last year.

Too much talent on this team to continue to disappoint like that, and its not just the early playoff exit as much as it was the lack of willingness to change up the game plan against MTL when what we were doing clearly wasn't working.

We are the defending Eastern Conference champs :) You haven't earned the right to smack talk. Do something when it counts ..... then we'll talk. See you in the playoffs.

Congrats.

We won the Presidents Cup.

You know what those both are? Useless.

Its Championship or nothing. Winning the AFC/NFC Championship, winning the AL/NL etc. = unimportant.

We mock the Eagles for a good reason, going to and winning the NFC Championship is unimpressive when you don't win the Super Bowl.

Personally, I'd consider them both on the hot seat if we have another playoffs like last year.

Too much talent on this team to continue to disappoint like that, and its not just the early playoff exit as much as it was the lack of willingness to change up the game plan against MTL when what we were doing clearly wasn't working.

After a 3-1 series lead. Now I'm depressed again :cry:

Despite what some people say, winning the regular season is a HUGE accomplishment. Of course I'd rather squeak into the playoffs and win the Cup then lose first round after winning the President. But I think I'd rather be the champion of the 82 game season than go deep into the playoffs without a cup.

I really doubt that BB's and GMGM's jobs are in much danger at all. If they flame out in pathetic fashion again, they will still get another year. Just they will have to preach change the whole off season. Thats the impression I seem to be getting at least. Not saying it shouldn't cost them their jobs, just saying I don't think it would.

Man, remember where we were 2.5 seasons ago? We get spoiled quickly :ols:

Its easy to get spoiled.

I say this far too often on this site but I'm a 22 year old DC sports fan.

People my age and younger remember NOTHING of the Redskins glory years, have never seen a truly competitive Wizards squad (early playoff exits...again), and the Capitals have been my only hope for a team that can compete for a championship for my pro teams.

Going to a school with 30k people, I know too many people who are from Pittsburgh, New York whatever who have seen their teams win championships and it KILLS me that we don't have that.

Question for any of you with Comcast. Beginning of this year I started getting NHL Network as a promotion that was supposed to last until the middle of April. It's now late September and I'm still getting it(not complaining at all). Just curious if anyone knows if Comcast decided to throw that in as part of the basic package of if I should expect to lose it soon.

Seriously?

Awesome.

Gues I should've included a link haha

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/morning-roundup/capitals-and-penguins-to-be-fe.html

The HBO Sports presentation debuts in prime time Wednesday, Dec. 15 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), with an immediate encore at 11:00 p.m., and follows the two clubs simultaneously, chronicling their highs and lows each week. The teams will meet in a Dec. 23 regular-season matchup on the Capitals' home ice, leading into episode three of 24/7 PENGUINS/CAPITALS, as the build-up intensifies for the Jan. 1 showdown at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.....

The Jan. 5 series finale debuts four days after the Classic, with cameras tracking all the drama and excitement surrounding the Capitals and Penguins on game day. All four episodes will have multiple replay dates on HBO, and the series will also be available on HBO On Demand.

The series will provide exclusive behind-the-scenes access, along with in-depth interviews of coaches, players and front-office personnel, as the Caps and Penguins battle through their December schedules, meeting twice in one week, including the first-ever NHL game at Heinz Field.

Archived