Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '10-'11 Thread [Offseason Discussion]

Sticksboi05

I need help on how to get to the verizon center from lusby, MD. I am in the area visiting from south dakota and have tickets to tomorrow nights game. I geuss its really screwed up because of the movie being filmed and my parents are worried about getting there and parking. any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.. Thanks in advance.

I need help on how to get to the verizon center from lusby, MD. I am in the area visiting from south dakota and have tickets to tomorrow nights game. I geuss its really screwed up because of the movie being filmed and my parents are worried about getting there and parking. any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.. Thanks in advance.
My suggestion would be take the metro off of Suitland parkway. That whats i've done when i go to games. Take 4 all the way up to the Suitland parkway. Go about 5 miles to the Suitland Station. Get off the train at Chinatown

Was just listening to the Donovan McNabb show on the radio and... I guess I've been living under a rock... but I just heard that Donovan lives with Ovi.

File this under : Info that won't pay my bills

I think that's only a commercial.

ETkj_PlMqkY

Apparently Backstrom brought the entire Caps team iPad's

Good for him

Caps center Nicklas Backstrom recently signed a 10-year contract that will keep him here in the District for the next decade. While that is a pleasing prospect to Caps fans, it’s also something that makes his teammates happy.

Along with Jason Chimera, Backstrom will sport the alternate captain’s “A” for the team’s road games this season. He wore the captain’s “C” a couple times during the pre-season, captaining the club in a pair of road games when linemate (and full-time captain) Alex Ovechkin was left at home.

Still more than a month shy of his 23rd birthday, Backstrom is already demonstrating leadership qualities. Earlier this week, he gave each one of his teammates a box that contained a brand new iPad.

“After practice, everybody had a box in their stall,” says Caps winger Eric Fehr. “Mine said, ‘To Fehrise, from Nicky.’

“I thought it was awesome. He is a real classy guy. It was real nice of him to get a little gift for the rest of the guys on the team and I am definitely going to put it to use.”

Scored some awesome very close to center-ice tickets last night for today's game. Sec 121 Row C and I'm sitting right next to the Caps tunnel. Made me excited :beavisnbutthead:

Got some questions though:

I'm heading down from Harrisburg,Pa and I planned on driving down and then taking the metro down to VCEnter. What's the best metro stop for me to park at? Shady Grove? or the Most Northern stop on the Green line?

Also I was looking for a sweet spot to get some brewskies before the game that is close to the stadium, anyone have some awesome sugestions? Also I'm flying solo, so if anyone wants to meet up before the game just hit me up. E-mail is ccbsball12@gmail.com, just send me an e-mail and I can check on my phone.

Thanks y'all

Scored some awesome very close to center-ice tickets last night for today's game. Sec 121 Row C and I'm sitting right next to the Caps tunnel. Made me excited :beavisnbutthead:

Got some questions though:

I'm heading down from Harrisburg,Pa and I planned on driving down and then taking the metro down to VCEnter. What's the best metro stop for me to park at? Shady Grove? or the Most Northern stop on the Green line?

Also I was looking for a sweet spot to get some brewskies before the game that is close to the stadium, anyone have some awesome sugestions? Also I'm flying solo, so if anyone wants to meet up before the game just hit me up. E-mail is ccbsball12@gmail.com, just send me an e-mail and I can check on my phone.

Thanks y'all

The most popular place to go to before games is the Green Turtle. It is right next to the VC, so its location is convenient. However, the only problem is that it is usually a mad house before games, and it absolutely packed.

Go up rout 5, and park at the last stop on the green line (Branch Ave)...take that to Chinatown/Verizon Center and viola http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm

Here is the rout via google maps, the finish address is the branch ave metro stop http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=4704+Old+Soper+Road+Suitland+MD+20746&daddr=38.50889,-76.77493+to:Lusby,+MD&geocode=FdNuUAIdIWtq-yn1Cpb5A7y3iTFOXrogM21p3A%3BFVqZSwId7oFs-ylNyCauXnS3iTEYdji8Zz9p2g%3BFcs6SQIdRatx-ykvIn66gH23iTGKHWDXQVVY9w&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1&sll=38.59076,-76.672965&sspn=0.594656,1.058807&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=10

Any suggestions on who I should pick for tonight's Caps Pick'em league? I'm currently in 4th place out of 3800 players. You can only use a player once a week and you have to pick on D-man and one forward for each game. So far I've used

Ovie

Green

Semin

Schultz

Carlson

Backstrom

This is the last game of the week. I would like to use Poti but he's out. I'm thinking Alzner for +/- points and either Flash or Fehr. Any thoughts?

Any suggestions on who I should pick for tonight's Caps Pick'em league? I'm currently in 4th place out of 3800 players. You can only use a player once a week and you have to pick on D-man and one forward for each game. So far I've used

Ovie

Green

Semin

Schultz

Carlson

Backstrom

This is the last game of the week. I would like to use Poti but he's out. I'm thinking Alzner for +/- points and either Flash or Fehr. Any thoughts?

Damn, really, is this the Caps fantasy one that they do through text? I'm in 557/3966, you must have had some damn good pick to be in 4th place!

Glad the thread title got changed - I thought the game was tomorrow. Guess I'm still in preseason form.

Any chance we see DJ King tonight? Joe B. said something about him suiting up for the next game during the Senators game. I'm ready for some more brawling.

\

It didnt take long for King to start Brawling either!!!!!!!!

Archived