Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '10-'11 Thread [Offseason Discussion]

Sticksboi05

"He asked me if I wanted [to fight] at the faceoff," Johansson said. "I said no, and he chased me down the ice."

For his actions, Letourneau-Leblond is likely going to receive an automatic one-game suspension by the NHL for instigating a fight in the final five minutes of regulation, and new Devils coach John McLean could face a $10,000 fine."'

Cheapshot pansy-ass. I hope he gets Kinged next game.

I saw a better effort there. I know I'm a day late, but the team worked hard along the boards, didn't give up on pucks and outworked the Devils despite being outshot. I told you, if we outwork other teams, we're unbeatable. If we don't, we're average.

Dick move by the Devils at the end. No reason to go after Johannson. The Devils coach should be suspended in addition to the fine.

Hopefully this team will not resort to last season's tactics and come into this game with an ego. This should be an easy win.

Well, like I've been preaching, we cannot go into this game thinking "easy win." We cannot always go on talent alone to win games. If we outwork the other team, our talent elevates us to another level. Think of the Cowboys and how the media and their fans keep saying they have talent, then get their asses outworked on the field. We cannot play like we did against Montreal in the playoffs. Our telent is good enough to beat alot of teams, but if we don't work, we get beat.

I don't see this team being any different from last season's thus far. They're getting outworked, can't cleanly clear the zone, and are keeping themselves in games on the sheer talent of their top superstars. The fact that they haven't given up a PP goal yet is surprising, though, but otherwise we've got a carbon copy of last season's squad.

I don't see this team being any different from last season's thus far. They're getting outworked, can't cleanly clear the zone, and are keeping themselves in games on the sheer talent of their top superstars. The fact that they haven't given up a PP goal yet is surprising, though, but otherwise we've got a carbon copy of last season's squad.

Except for the fighting last game :silly:

On that note...I wish DC teams would win games in regulation and stop giving me heart attacks in OT....

I totally called that Ovie goal right before it happened. Only a player of his caliber could have as poor a game as he did and still score the winning goal.

Not a very impressive performance overall by the Caps, but Hendricks, Carlson and Alzner had excellent games. I simply cannot believe Sloan ever gets a sweater. He's abysmal.

Archived