Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '10-'11 Thread [Offseason Discussion]

Sticksboi05

I'm not gunna go crazy because we lost a regular season game in October.

We actually have one of the youngest rosters in the NHL and a lot of young guys playing D and of course, Neuvy at GK. I said after last year's playoff loss I'd be okay with a bit of a hit in the regular season if it means come playoff time our young guys will have more experience and we'll know what we have in them.

I don't think Neuvy was that bad though. He made some real nice saves to keep us in the game in the 2nd period and I'd say 3 of the 4 goals weren't his fault at all.

Actually Johansson had the turnover that led to the goal.

It's gonna be funny watching the Devils find out that Volchenkov isn't nearly as good as his contract.

You're right, I got them mixed up. Either way it's good to see the young guy get the early goal.

I miss yesterday's game with a game of my own and we lose. I tune into this game down 1-2 and now its 5-2. I guess I need to watch more.

Hey PokerPacker you play hockey for GMU right?? How is Mason? my younger bro is thinking about going there next year.

Hey PokerPacker you play hockey for GMU right?? How is Mason? my younger bro is thinking about going there next year.

Yeah, GMU ice hockey (side note, have a game tonight at 10:20 so I have to leave somewhat soon).

George Mason is a great school. Its really growing in size right now. New buildings, parking garages, and dorms going up all around campus. The campus itself is nice. Some really good facilities with a bunch of computer labs, 4 gyms, a couple pools and tennis courts, some sports fields. The Patriot Center is a popular venue for various performances (sports, music, comedy, circus...) and is now the Washington Wizards training camp facility.

As for the schooling itself, we've got some really good programs. Don't know what your brother is getting into, but we've got really good IT, Engineering, and Economics schools (two nobel-prize winning economics professors). This is a school to want to go to, not just a fall back plan.

Archived