Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After 2 Weeks, Skins D Ranked Dead Last

RawBBQSauce

Teams? You mean A team? Houston had the #1 passing offense last year. Schaub had the most passing yards. Johnson is THE best receiver in the NFL. The Rams didn't put up 500 yds on us. The Texans did. And the team we played in week 1 ain't a slouch either. They have racked up 790 offensive yards through week 2. Houston has 881 total yards.

LOL......love how people in this thread are reacting to a negative stat by saying "its only 2 games," but in other threads are making proclamations like "we're playing with heart!" and "competing with the elite teams of the league!"

Still a lot of football to be played..........................

This will take a couple of years. The players have to get to know the system. The coaches have to get to know the players. And yes, we need another offseason to plug some holes (OLB, depth at FS).

When fully baked, the 3-4 is awesome, especially with Orakpo. I just hope everyone has the patience to wait a full year at least for it to be fully baked. (Same goes for the offense)

You're right, looked @ Greenbay defense now.....

OK, I'm not ready to overact and say we are the worst defense in football, but the huge yardage we are giving up, along with the close nature of the games we are playing is legitimate cause for concern, IMO. We are last in a significant benchmark of team performance. That has to be corrected. I cannot take a "who cares" attitude unless we were blowing teams out by 30 points. That is only scenario under which I would find this stat useless. We need to get a grip on this, and fast. There is a reason this stat is thrown around so much. The more yards we give up, the better field position teams have, and it will not be long before the points follow. It is statistics/probability. Teams have a better shot at scoring points when they are closer to the end zone. We have been lucky in both our games that we have not given up more points. Bend but don't break break makes me nervous, I'd much rather see us shutting down the other team totally, thank you. So, no real reason to be alarmist, and dire, but no reason not get real serious about improving pass coverage, either.

It's only season one transitioning to the 3-4. We're still figuring out who staying (Orakpo, Landry, Hall, McIntosh, Carricker) and who's going (Rogers, Doughty, AH, Carter) in the long-term.

Besides the D is focusing on forcing turnovers, which we are doing a better job of. Once we are able to get a decent intercepting corner to replace Rogers and a better safety to replace Doughty, this stat will be even higher.

I believe we're in top 5 in turnover margin so far.

we shouldn't be transitioning to a 3-4 defense without the proper personnel...a complete waste of a season...it's not like we're doing it with a bunch of young players......this is a complete disaster..Shanny had awful defenses in Denver and he's brought that here...he needs to stick to offense and game day management

The reason the 3-4 works in a place like Pittsburgh is because they have huge, quick and physical linebackers. London and Rocky just aren't big enough to play in the middle of that defense. Most of the damage done by the Texans were passes right down the middle. Not having a real free safety in the lineup isn't helping much either.

Archived