Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After 2 Weeks, Skins D Ranked Dead Last

RawBBQSauce

Where does your logic come from? Hall stripping the ball could occur in a 4-3 scheme. And in a 4-3 Orakpo has his hand in the dirt the entire time creating havoc to the QB. The Dallas game was luck.

Yes it "could've" but when did that actually happen?

Our 4-3 might've appeared better by just looking at yardage, but it clearly didn't get us anywhere; I could care less about yards as long as it gets us more W's than L's, it's nice to see some agression out on the field.

We're only two games in to a complete regime reset, it's far too early to make conclusions. Mistakes and growing pains are bound to happen, and its good that we're getting these kinks out early and still looking pretty decent.

We opened our season against two usually good times (the Texans this year especially), lets wait to see how we handle a team we should easily crush like the Rams

No he doesn't.

In the 4-4 Andre Carter's hand would go in the dirt, and Orakpo would be standing up at LB same as last year, for the exact same reason. We have more need for LB's than DL's and Orakpo plays the position better than Carter.

Orakpo isn't playing linebacker in the 4-3 unless the team is coached by a bunch of idiots.

People can talk all they want about how many yards dallas got, but we held them to 7 freaking points and had a defensive td. **** off dallas :)

The Texans game is a bit rougher, but at the same time, it's the freaking Texans, they've got a phenomenal offense. And we went into overtime. So yeah maybe they have a crazy amount of yards but they only beat us by 3 points. Not excusing the team for givin up all those answered points, just saying, the yards against us look a lot worse than it really is. Personally, I'm with the group who thinks we look a lot better than we did last year, but seriously, we just changed our entire scheme and got a new head coach and a new d coord...and it's only week 2. C'mon guys, lets give the team some time. I'm really excited for this Rams game, we've got a huge chance to come out and dominate and really prove that we're better than last year. Or we could choke :( either way I feel this is the first game that we should actually dominate.

Are you kidding me? Yards don't mean ****. Points is what measures a defense. We are 16th.

True. But you still can't diss the fact that OVERALL Redskins D is dead last in the league right now. Albeit, it has only been two games but something needs to be done quick or else we might stay at the bottom.

I seriously had no idea LaRon Landry is that good. Dude is playing on troy polamalu's level right now... Maybe Blache should have advocated that the team sign a FS to replace ST and keep LaRon at SS.

Keep in mind Blache said sacks were overrated. :doh:

I don't think we can say right now if the 3-4 is a failure or not. None of us know we're only 2 games into this season and there's still a long ways to go to fully transition to the 3-4. The move to the 3-4 was a long term move not just a one year move, only has it been rare that it worked right away early on(GB last year). Shoot even Dallas it took them 2 years to fully get all the personnel needed to transition. Shanny is looking both short term and long term with this team and I like it. It's an approach of win now but look towards the future at the same time

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous....first of all, GB's defense wasn't good last year, but at least they drafted two young guys...dallas also had young players when they transitioned....how many young players does our front 7 have?....I don't see how this is shanny looking at the present and future.....this is shanny trying to win now and making many mistakes.....I'm very disappointed....don't get me wrong; this is better then what we had, but not good enough.

You guys are also blind.

11 of the 12 teams ranked in the bottom 12 of yards allowed per game missed the playoffs. .

You do have a point there, but we're not giving up 20+ points per game either. Look at the teams that allowed less than 20 per game last year. Most of them went to the playoffs. Philly and the Saints were the only teams in the playoffs that allowed 20+. One the flipside, the 49ers and Panthers were the only ones to allow less and not go. Right now after 2 games, we're allowing 18.5. Averaging 20 on offense.

I'm not excusing the defense, just saying you can't look at one single stat and come to a conclusion about whether or not it means playoffs or not.

Well our defense looks pretty, but its not functioning all that well when you look at it.

The soft coverage has given a guy 500 yards passing against us. That is with 5 sacks too. Sacks don't mean much when you're letting people bomb it over the middle and playing a VERY soft coverage each play. Hopefully they do something to make it work a bit better but right now it works like so:

Our defense is useless until about their own 40 yard line where they start to clamp down. If the other team gets one good play they're already in FG range. Another and its likely a TD. If we stop them its a punt and we get crap Field Position.

Overall it seems to "work", but holy crap do I hate watching us give 40 yard chunks of yardage every few downs.

Aaaaaand, further proof that Bleccch and Co. were idiots. LOL.

Though Rak did make the Probowl, so I don't think he did badly. Though I agree he's better in the 4-3 with a hand on the ground.

There's 11 players on the field, the point is to get the best group on the field.

What's the best lineup.

Orakpo at RE with HB Blades(seemingly a natural I/MLB) or Chris Wilson(another converted DE) behind him. or Phillip Daniels at RE with Orakpo behind him?

I think the second is probably better.

Unlike many I'm not complaining about the 3-4 defense. The Steelers, Jets, Ravens, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots....all of them have 3-4 defenses. People just need to be patient. I know our players aren't perfectly ideal for a 3-4...but if they can't adjust I'm at least looking long term

What I like about our defense so far is that we get a lot of pressure. 5 sacks is nothing to sneeze at....we may have given up a lot of yards but it's like a Texans fan said...90% of Quarterbacks will not be able to handle that. Only Quality Qbs can and we faced one on Sunday. Am I still concerned? Sure...but Kareem Moore will be back soon and will hopefully be good...and like I said I'm loving the pressure

What I especially love..and what not many have mentioned is that I feel our coaching and our players work really hard to fix things. Offense was a concern last week...and Sunday we come out firing. Hopefully we work hard to stop giving up yardage and less points as well

I don't blame haslett...he'd rather a run a 4-3 defense....he wanted the job, so he agreed to run a 3-4 because shanny wanted it

You mean the same Haslett who ran a 3-4 in Pittsburgh? I don't think he chose the job because shanny wanted the 3-4 he chose this job because he knew he'd be apart of something and the 3-4 D is the new in thing now and we're transitioning into a new scheme

Archived