Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After 2 Weeks, Skins D Ranked Dead Last

RawBBQSauce

Where did our great defense get us in the past??? Wait till the end of the season, see how many turnovers we get, and how many games we win, then we will decide how our defense performed.

the 4-3 defense would have been alot better if Landry was playing strong safety and orakpo was at DE...add in some aggressiveness/blitzing and you would have a top 10 defense that creates turnovers

the 4-3 defense would have been alot better if Landry was playing strong safety and orakpo was at DE...add in some aggressiveness/blitzing and you would have a top 10 defense that creates turnovers

I don't think we can say right now if the 3-4 is a failure or not. None of us know we're only 2 games into this season and there's still a long ways to go to fully transition to the 3-4. The move to the 3-4 was a long term move not just a one year move, only has it been rare that it worked right away early on(GB last year). Shoot even Dallas it took them 2 years to fully get all the personnel needed to transition. Shanny is looking both short term and long term with this team and I like it. It's an approach of win now but look towards the future at the same time

The reason the 3-4 works in a place like Pittsburgh is because they have huge, quick and physical linebackers. London and Rocky just aren't big enough to play in the middle of that defense. Most of the damage done by the Texans were passes right down the middle. Not having a real free safety in the lineup isn't helping much either.
I dunno, I think McIntosh is playing BETTER in the 3-4 than he did in the 4-3. And Fletch is still playing at a high level, IMO.

Pittsburgh's linebackers aren't that huge. Their starting linebackers are:

James Farior : 243 lbs

James Harrison-242 lbs

Lawerence Timmons: 234 lbs

Lamarr Woodley-265 lbs

Compare that to ours:

Andre Carter: 255 lbs

Rocky McIntosh: 242 lbs

London Fletcher: 245 lbs

Brian Orakpo: 260 lbs

Seems to me like we have bigger linebackers on average.

we shouldn't be transitioning to a 3-4 defense without the proper personnel...a complete waste of a season...it's not like we're doing it with a bunch of young players......this is a complete disaster..Shanny had awful defenses in Denver and he's brought that here...he needs to stick to offense and game day management

I could not agree with you more, defense from past 5 years wins that game. Not being negative just call it like I see it.

You guys are funny...

When Peyton light us up for 500+ yards the excuse is he is the best.

When Aaron Rodgers light us up for 500+ yards the excuse is he is the best.

When Chris Johnson light us up for 200+ yards the excuse he is the best.

Adrian Peterson...

oh and we suppose to create turnovers??? only 2 of those so far...lets wait and see how our defense performs once teams has tape on em, because obviously Haslett is not studying these teams if he put only one man on Andre Johnson and continue to let Miles Austin kill us all game.

and the defense from past 5 years loses us the Dallas game. I'll take the win against Dallas thank you

Where does your logic come from? Hall stripping the ball could occur in a 4-3 scheme. And in a 4-3 Orakpo has his hand in the dirt the entire time creating havoc to the QB. The Dallas game was luck.

You guys are funny...

When Peyton light us up for 500+ yards the excuse is he is the best.

When Aaron Rodgers light us up for 500+ yards the excuse is he is the best.

When Chris Johnson light us up for 200+ yards the excuse he is the best.

Adrian Peterson...

Dude you are dead on, excuse after excuse already!!!

oh and we suppose to create turnovers??? only 2 of those so far...lets wait and see how our defense performs once teams has tape on em, because obviously Haslett is not studying these teams if he put only one man on Andre Johnson and continue to let Miles Austin kill us all game.

Where does your logic come from? Hall stripping the ball could occur in a 4-3 scheme. And in a 4-3 Orakpo has his hand in the dirt the entire time creating havoc to the QB. The Dallas game was luck.

No he doesn't.

In the 4-4 Andre Carter's hand would go in the dirt, and Orakpo would be standing up at LB same as last year, for the exact same reason. We have more need for LB's than DL's and Orakpo plays the position better than Carter.

I honestly beg to differ... We have had a top 5-10 defense the last 4 years and it was only good enough to get us into the second round of the playoffs(2005). We are only 2 weeks into the season and the defense looks the most aggressive it has been since 04 & 05. Lets give it a few more weeks and a dose of 92 & 41 before we begin to judge it completely.

You guys are also blind.

11 of the 12 teams ranked in the bottom 12 of yards allowed per game missed the playoffs. Who was that one team that made it? The Saints and they led the league in turnovers and had a high powered offense. I'm not panicking because I already knew Haslett sucked. Looking at it from a optimistic viewpoint I hope we get a track soon and I mean VERY SOON with the Pack and Colts coming up. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but how far can you really get with the Packers and Saints waiting to host wildcard teams at their house.

Archived