Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Special Game Ball Goes to....the 12th Man (Merged)

Commander Adama

Dan Snyder has taken a lot of abuse here (and rightly so), but if last night is any indication, he's certainly figured out how to be a better owner for the fans.

First, I arrived at the stadium around 5. The place was already packed and rocking. Parked at the tailgate in Green B-52. By 6 PM, there was a large gauntlet of fans on both sides of the rows, looking at each car as it drove by. If Skins fans on-board, lots of high fives and cheering. Boys fans got heckled mercilessly and sent to the back of the parking lot. Really funny.

Got to the game just before kick-off and as others have said, the crowd was all there and really pumped up.

Yelled and screamed all night long. Sat in my buddie's club seats and usually there are lots of empty yellow seats all around and the crowd pretty much sits. Not last night. We had 7 Puke fans in front of us, so all night long we were yelling back and forth. Got so loud that you could barely hear yourself scream. Maybe that's why I can barely talk today.

After that last play, the guys in front of us were going crazy, high fiving each other, until we all pointed and yelled 'Flag!' at the same time. That was the best part of the night.

I loved that the stadium remained full until the last play. In previous seasons, there were thousands of empty seats in the fourth quarter. Couldn't find many last night.

Hope the team appreciated the support - I know Shanny did.

It was the first game I've been to in 10 years, and I could not have picked a better one to go to. That place was crazy, everyone was high fiveing each other, my voice is almost gone from yelling so much, then when we won the place just went nuts. Then the walk down the ramp from the 400's was awesome with everyone talking **** to the cowboys fans. It was a great game, so I glad I decided to go to this game.

Loudest I have heard it on TV. 95% of the time I couldnt understand the ref's calls on the field.

Dang I wish I would have recorded the game. I would have loved to see what it was like on TV. Me and the son were there and it was crazy. I'll try to attach a vid I took at the very beginning of the game. Sound is very good but it gives you a good idea of how packed the stadium was.

Agreed.

I've never been to a game that loud at FedEx. The only one that comes close was that ass-kicking back in '05 when we completed the sweep of Dallass.

My ears are still ringing, my throat is sore, my voice is hoarse.

The VT Boise state game came pretty close. But yeah I've never been to a louder game at FedEX

Yes that atmosphere was awsome...I was at the game in the party deck and we were banging beer bottles and stomping on the metal floor...it made so much noise...man what a game. I will NEVER forget that experiance as long as I live. Im glad to hear that the noise came thru on TV. I was really hoping it did.:point2sky
I saw you guys banging on those burgandy metal sheets below the guard rails. Got me even more hype.

No voice today, just getting over the hangover, got home at 3AM, skipped work, totally worth it. It was the loudest and rowdiest I have ever experienced.

If anybody was in Section 222 with me, we were riding this one Cowboys Fan, looked like Jared from Subway and he would never sit down. We razzed him hard but we kept it pretty clean or at least PG-13.

I too am very glad, no Gary Glitter and you suck chant. Like Lombardi said, act like you have been there before and we should act like we have won before.

A lot of Dallas fans as usual but if we bring the 12th man effort to all games like that and especially division games, you just might see less and less interlopers coming to FedEx.

I have not seen the replay or the official count but I stated in a thread last week, we should be good for two false starts and two wasted timeouts...per half.

Good job 12th man and good job Redskins FO. The big screeens outside, were pretty sweet, we had our own tv setup but when we drove past, not bad. Also, we went in at 7 and lo and behold, end of games and highlights on the big screens! Bout Time!

I'm so stoked hearing all these stories. I was in a place where I could listen to the commentary or hear the broadcast... I did noticed the shaky camera, though! I hope we can somehow keep this up as a fan base... the Skins need our support ALL YEAR LONG, not just on a night game against Dallas. Next week's game is going to be far more difficult than the Dallas game, so get out there and keep that noise going!!!

2006, blocked FG against hte cowboys as time expired by ST. Followed by kick, due to penalty, by nick novak.

That was incredibly loud too, i'm sure most of you have seen the youtube video.

People claim fedex 'can't be loud', but they clearly haven't been to some of the bigger games.

The issue has been that there hasn't been much to cheer about... when there's something to cheer about the fans go nuts, and it gets very very loud in there.

Archived