Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

To a Lot of pundits were no better than the raiders.

Who cares if defences respect anyone in fact if they don't it's a lot easier to make plays. That's exactly why players dip once they have a break out year.

If we do sign housh hopefully it means banks goes to PS and we don't cut someone who counts.

True, but that was the old regime. We have shanny and Allen now. I think it would be a One year base salary and addtional compensation based on benchmarks. But I'm content with what we have. I guess will find out soon whats up.

C'mon, you're allowed to say it...

You typed:

I think it would be a One year base salary and addtional compensation based on benchmarks.

Translation:

VET MIN +INCENTIVES :ols:

Please get this done!!! On a side note why is seattle willing to pay 7 million for him to play somewhere else?

They become off the hook for 25 million owed after this year and they most likely banked on the fact that he would sign a new deal and nullify that. They also have a coach that is used to throwing millions around from his days at USC.

Going on record and saying if we do sign him, we're going to regret the signing.

I think he's a good player but he won't add as much as we expect him to and he'll take snaps away from potential young starters down the road in Armstrong and DT. I'd be surprised to see him put up the kind of numbers people are thinking he's going to and I do just see him as a player who is looking for one final payday.

Word!

Our receiver corp is in a sad state when fans are getting excited over signing a 33 yr old receiver who did not have very good stats.

Some of you are projecting him as a #2 receiver, when we really dont have a #1 receiver. Moss is good, but not that damn good.

Its just really sad to read some of the comments concerning this guy.

2 years ago, most fans on this board were screaming for a big bodied posession receiver, then Vinny drafted two that havnt panned out yet. Now two years later we are still looking for that same type of receiver and hanging our hat on a 33 yr old player that was cut by the Seahawks. A team that is in total disaray, and has a pretty bad group of receivers. He was their leading receiver last year.

And we want one that they cut.......jeez.

Going on record to say that when we do sign him, we will be much better in our down field passing game. Housh and a very good pass catching tight end(two actually) will allow a lot more one on one down the field. I think he will dramatically help in the redzone with him added into the tiger formation.

A receiver that grabs 80 balls in a bad year will in no way hurt our team. There is not way of spinning it in a bad way.

Look at the total stats:

Rank 16 in receptions

Rank 69 in TD's

Rank 140 in Avg per catch.

Do I think he will help the team ? Yes

But I dont think he is going to be that receiver that fans on here are hoping he will be.

Does anyone have TJ's stats from last year? I wonder why the Seahawks gave the guy a large contact last year, and then turn around the following year and release TJ. Either TJ has become drastically diminshed in his skills after last season, or did coach Carrol and TJ had some issues with working with each other.Hail

I'm anxious to see what the younger guys here can do too, but I'm not too concerned about him taking playing time away from those guys if he doesn't produce. If there's one thing we can take away from Shanny so far, it's that he's not afraid to sit a bigger name (see A.H.).

If we can get TJ in here for 1-year vet min, then I'm all for it. If the Raiders start upping the bidding much higher than that or for longer terms, then I think we should pass. I hope we can get him, but certainly don't want to make any substantial investment here.

DT hasn't shown anything what so ever and i don't believe he ever will.

Armstrong my pan out as a 3rd/SS guy at best. There are no Miles Austins

waiting in the wings on this team.

Agreed. We need to have our own YOUNG Miles Austin and Dez Byrant combo. Guys who are tall, strong, sure handed, good route runners with speed.

When is the last time we put a LEGIT TALL WR:saber: on the field?

Just curious.... why exactly did the seahawks release him?

To get out from under his 5 year 40-million dollar contract they signed him to last year. He's still a pretty good reciever, but that's just way too much for him. I mean Fitz/A.Johnson/Marshall get around 10 million a year, giving TJ 8 million a year is insane.

Archived