Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

BTW, tell me you wouldn't take this as your #2?

lk2rY1gbX9k

This is exactly what we need a WR that can get open and make the tough catches, while getting hit...Currently we have no one on the roster that is/has proved/proven that they can do this in the NFL...TJ + Cooley + Davis can hold the underneath coverage to allow Moss, Galloway, Armstrong, or Thomas to get deep...

For those in opposition, NOBODY is looking for TJ to produce like a #1, we realize he isn't a burner(he never was) and we don't need him to be...What he is, is a PREMIER possession WR in the NFL, who is competitive, tough, durable, proven, and smart...

When(not if!) he comes here we can move Banks to the PS(where he belongs) and DT will be the primary return man...

For the third time, they didn't cut him because their other receivers are better. He was still their best receiver, and it's not close. They cut him because he didn't live up to the absurd contract they gave him. It doesn't mean he's over the hill/too old/whatever, it just means he wasn't worth 8 million a year.

You guys need to watch someone play and just not look up a few random stats because you decide you know their talent level or what they have left. The Seahawks were terrible last year, you could have put Andre Johnson on that team and they weren't going to win the super weak division.

I'm not saying TJ is a savior or some amazing receiver, but he's better than all but one of our current receivers for a one year rental at a vet minimum.

Housh would be an instant upgrade.

He's clearly better than all our receivers, perhaps even Moss. Both have had simliar stats the past few years.

But the real deal is he represents a complimentary possesion receiver that we lack at this point. He might not command double teams but he gets open underneath and plays tough. HE blocks well for the run game. I don't believe some posters don't see what this guy brings. Is a long term answer, no, would he help immediately, duh.

];7759999']We know he's got good hands. That'll make him useful.

If he's taking this long to pick between us and Oakland' date=' though, **** him. Go to Oakland, and watch your career go to the ****er.[/quote']

It could be other factors - like physicals, incentives, ect. It is not like when your choosing what 2 movies to watch where you just decide then play it within seconds

];7759999']We know he's got good hands. That'll make him useful.

If he's taking this long to pick between us and Oakland' date=' though, **** him. Go to Oakland, and watch your career go to the ****er.[/quote']

Yeah, seriously, Seattle has guaranteed his salary up to 7M this year anyway. And he doesn't have that many years left.

We have Kyle Shanahan, they have Hue Jackson?

We have McNabb, they have JC.

Should be easy.

But the real deal is he represents a complimentary possesion receiver that we lack at this point. He might not command double teams but he gets open underneath and plays tough. HE blocks well for the run game. I don't believe some posters don't see what this guy brings. Is a long term answer, no, would he help immediately, duh.

Yessir. I think those who are totally against adding Housh should be forced to watch the entire 2009 Washington Redskins offensive passing spectacle.

Have a goodin' with that.:pfft:

When(not if!) he comes here we can move Banks to the PS(where he belongs) and DT will be the primary return man...

Devin Thomas as the primary return man doesn't mean anything when you say it and he hasn't done much to back up the hype...I keep waiting but IMHO he's been a pretty big disappointment (overall) with all the hype and spot he was drafted coming out of college.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust WR's coming out of MICH ST (see Charles Rogers).

Archived