Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

I don't want TJ because I don't want him taking away playing time from younger receivers.

I guess I'm just in a different place than many of you guys.

Winning this season isn't my biggest concern......

We don't have a bunch of future pro-bowlers at receiver right now. There are a few good ones there for sure but there is a reason most people agree we have about the weakest group of WRs in the league. If you're good enough that will shine through and you'll get your catches with TJ here or without.

You honestly think bringing him in will destroy the career of some future all-star? I mean seriously...

This is football, the idea is to win, you aren't going to set the franchise back years by signing a reliable veteran for minimum salary..

I doubt that the Vikes are really out of the running. Maybe a lesson learned from TJ's last signing.

On the other hand, TJ has a HUGE Left Coast love. A Raiders signing would not surprise me. Remember who he signed with during Vikes vs Hawks. (NOTE: Did not say it might have been his best move; just the path he chose.)

And in the words of Al Bundy, "...sometimes we don't always choose well."

I doubt that the Vikes are really out of the running. Maybe a lesson learned from TJ's last signing.

On the other hand, TJ has a HUGE Left Coast love. A Raiders signing would not surprise me. Remember who he signed with during Vikes vs Hawks. (NOTE: Did not say it might have been his best move; just the path he chose.)

And in the words of Al Bundy, "...sometimes we don't always choose well."

The Vikings ended up jumping out of the running. Seattle gave up the $$$.

I don't blame TJ for cashing in.

Devin Thomas as the primary return man doesn't mean anything when you say it and he hasn't done much to back up the hype...I keep waiting but IMHO he's been a pretty big disappointment (overall) with all the hype and spot he was drafted coming out of college.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust WR's coming out of MICH ST (see Charles Rogers).

I agree but would you rather have TJ at WR opposite Moss and DT at KR, or Galloway/Armstrong opposite Moss and Banks at KR?

I'll take the first option all day and everyday...Bank needs to pend a season on the PS anyway to get stronger and get used to the speed/physicality of the NFL...

I don't want TJ because I don't want him taking away playing time from younger receivers.

I guess I'm just in a different place than many of you guys.

Winning this season isn't my biggest concern......

I hear you, but our receivers of the future are not on this team yet. If TJ is taking balls away from anyone, it will be Galloway, Thomas, and Moss. Those guys are not our future anyway.

Assuming the Skins do sign Houshmandzadeh, there's a good possibility that he'll be inactive for the opener. There's no way IMO, that he learns the offense in such a short period of time.

Uhhhhh????

He tj go deep.

No way he is sitting on the bench. A receivers learning curve is probably the easiest in football.

The ONLY "younger" receivers currently on the roster are Armstrong and Banks. Moss is 31, Galloway is 38, Roydell Williams is 29 and Bobby Wade is 29.

My guess is Housh would take Bobby Wade's spot rather than Armstrong or Banks. As for winning, it's my main concern EVERY season. ;)

Am I missing something? Since when is DT at 23 not young? And since when he is he not on the roster and Bobby Wade is?

Assuming the Skins do sign Houshmandzadeh, there's a good possibility that he'll be inactive for the opener. There's no way IMO, that he learns the offense in such a short period of time.

He's been playing. He's been in camp. He can do some damage in the RedZone. He will suit up for Game 1 if he gets signed before Tuesday.

Actually on offense it would be running back. Easiest in football? How about Place Kicker?

Yeah, not sure what was going on there. Receiver is considered by many to be the second hardest after QB, though it refers more to rookies going to the NFL rather than veteran WRs going to new teams.

I hear you, but our receivers of the future are not on this team yet. If TJ is taking balls away from anyone, it will be Galloway, Thomas, and Moss. Those guys are not our future anyway.

I don't think TJ takes balls away from Moss. I think he will take some away from the other 2.

I think he's a major RedZone threat and is on the field Game 1 whenever we pass North Dallas 40.

HTTR!!!

TJ is a huge upgrade over what we have at WR. I don't understand those who are saying, keep what we have, or it's fine as long as we don't have to give up Banks or Armstrong. I would be fine with cutting both if it meant we got to bring in TJ.

Last year TJ had 79 catches and 911 yards. Yes, his skills are declining, but he has been a steady producer for several years. It's not like Joey Galloway who is several years removed from his last productive season.

Santana Moss last year had 70 catches and 902 yards. Our next best receiver had 50 catches. What do we have coming into this year at WR, apart from Santana Moss, besides pre-season warriors, undrafted free agents, and players who weren't even in the league last season.

Say what you want, but I am ecstatic at the prospect of getting TJ. This makes our team a lot better. Having two receivers that defenses have to respect is a huge advantage. This would still allow us to give PT to Thomas or Armstrong as the # 3 receiver, and then we would also be able to bring in Banks or Galloway for specialty packages.

Also, it's not like we just drafted a WR at #4 overall, and we are taking PT away from him. As much as I like Armstrong, I do not see him ever developing into a # 1. He is what he is, a potentially solid complimentary receiver, same for Banks.

Archived