Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

Nope, I blame that partially on Carroll and the GM who signed him to that ridiculous contract last year. I say bring him in for Vet min., let Seattle pay the remaining portion of his contract this year. If he leaves next year then let him or sign him to a two year deal depending on how the CBA works out.

Now I can work with that.. Excellent idea in my opinion..

But anything more would be destructively Deon Sanderous!!

Overpay? Most likely would sign for vet minimum.

Not washed up, seriously...did you even watch him play?

I'm going to lose my mind reading this thread, some of you guys...

Of course I watched him play last year.. I watched almost every game and he was nonexistent except for a few games! Please answer this... If he's not washed up then why did Seattle release him??? And if it's a decision between the Redskins and Raiders what makes you think he'll sign with us for the "vet Minimum"?? If he comes for the minimum fine, but some people are saying " make this happen by any means necessary" like the guy is what we've been missing. He's hardly that!

Of course I watched him play last year.. I watched almost every game and he was nonexistent except for a few games! Please answer this... If he's not washed up then why did Seattle release him??? And if it's a decision between the Redskins and Raiders what makes you think he'll sign with us for the "vet Minimum"?? If he comes for the minimum fine, but some people are saying " make this happen by any means necessary" like the guy is what we've been missing. He's hardly that!

I watched most of his games also and I'll just have to disagree with you on his presence.

I've answered why he was released four times, but since you didn't read it, here we go again. They (the seahawks) totally overvalued him as a free agent a year ago and gave him a 5 year 40-million dollar contract. This is far more than he is worth and when they realized that, they took advantage of the CBA expiring and an uncapped year to cut him and get out from under that absurd contract.

He would sign for the vet minimum because Seattle, regardless of where he goes, still would be required to pay him the difference and meet his salary of 7 million this year. If he signs for 810k or whatever the minimum is, they owe him 6,190,000. If he signs for 5 million for this year somewhere, they owe him 2 million. The point being that no matter where he goes, he makes 7 million because of Seattle.

Also, I'm not one of the people saying "sign him whatever it takes!" because that's just as absurd as saying he's washed up. The man is a very solid veteran that is better than 5 of our current receivers.

Edit: To address the Raiders portion. I'm not saying he's coming here or why he should choose one team over the other. I said before that if the Raiders offer him more, he'll go there. I'm simply saying the people who don't even want to look at him as an option are short-sighted.

but when I read that he was being cut by Seattle who's only legit WRs on the team are Deon (tree) Branch, Golden (Donut) Tate, and Mike (no... the other Mike) Williams.. I knew there was something up with this guy.

The Raiduh's released DeAngelo Hall. We should cut that guy as he was washed up a few years ago.

VJ isn't on the market. Forget it.

I followed him close last year and he was nowhere to be found except for a few games.

Newsflash! The entire Seahawks team only won a few games last season. There's no wonder anyone on that entire team would be seen. Their starting offensive line rivaled ours for worst last season. Their starting quarterback was on a motorized cart for the better half of the season. Yet, Housh still put up the same numbers as Moss.

Guess we should cut Moss too.:pfft:

Again I have to ask. How good can he be if the seahawks were willing to eat 7 million to cut him? What about those reports of "timing him with an hourglass"?

If Shanahan checks him out and wants to sign him cool. I'll trust that he's worth a shot. But to me, something smells here and I'm afraid it's the smell of another big name bust.

This isn't even a question. You sign him first thing tomorrow morning.

He is a very quality WR, and with McNabb in a real offense, can be fantastic.

In addition to just being a great player, imagine if we don't sign him, and Moss gets injured for a few games this year. We would be totally screwed.

Please answer this... If he's not washed up then why did Seattle release him???

Because Pete wants to bring back one of his old players in Williams instead of a guy who actually produced for his team last season? Dude reminds me too much of Spurrier with making a move like that. His moves have been very questionable.

Of course I watched him play last year.. I watched almost every game and he was nonexistent except for a few games!

I always love this argument.

You are a Redskins fan, yet last year you watched all of Housh'es games and are an expert on Housh. :ols:

That's gotta be one of the poorest message board arguments of all time.

Uhhh no you didn't. ;)

Again I have to ask. How good can he be if the seahawks were willing to eat 7 million to cut him? What about those reports of "timing him with an hourglass"?

If Shanahan checks him out and wants to sign him cool. I'll trust that he's worth a shot. But to me, something smells here and I'm afraid it's the smell of another big name bust.

You are totally missing the point that they are eating the 7 million to avoid being on the hook for more next year. It's clearing up their cap of a terrible contract they signed with him last year. It's not like they could have kept him on the roster this year than let him go next year with no repercussions. This was the best opportunity to get out from under the contract as a whole.

(In 2009 he signed a 5 year 40-million dollar deal)

As has been said numerous times...the Seahawks are over hauling the entire team. The Seahawks had a terrible long term contract with TJ. They decide to take a one year hit of $7 million, instead of a multi-year hit.

We are not asking TJ to come in and go long on every play. We are not asking TJ to come in and be our savior. We are asking TJ to come in, run a 8 yard route on 3rd and 7. We are asking TJ to come in and use his 6'2" frame in the red zone. TJ is a good fit for us. It is irrelevant how he fit in with Seattle.

Seattle cut him because they feel they have young receivers they want to develop.

We do not. Thomas has has a 'b', 's' and 't' already and we're just waiting to see if he buys a 'u' this year.

Armstrong would be a miracle if he worked out (hope he does, but it is still a long shot)

And all of our receivers except one were beat in camp by a 38-year old grey beard. TJ doesn't have to be a world beater for us, all he has to do is beat Galloway in practice and we become a better team.

Why? Because TJ outperformed everyone on our roster last year except Santana.

Archived