Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

I like you optomism and all but what would be something bigger? Vincent Jackson. 6 game suspension sucks and if he comes here he has 1 more strike and we would have to pay a ton of money. I really dont think we are going to do anything about our receiver position until next year in the draft.

Isn't it only going to be a 3 game suspension if he gets traded?

I hope you guys realize HE HAD A CHOICE, HE DID NOT CHOOSE THE REDSKINS.

Cinci didn't want him back, so why not get back into AFC North and prove them wrong?

Oh and also, Ravens are muuuuuch better right now than the 'Skins. If it was reported all along that Ravens were a factor, even I would have told you it is an easy choice, Ravens.

People act like Bruce just sat there, I'm sure the Redskins at least explored the option (maybe even explored VJ), but TJ had a situation where money wasn't an issue, he was gonna get paid his money no matter what, it was all about choice.

I agree with all that. But how does that take away from the fact that Bruce is getting beat? Obviously TJ had a 'choice'. ALL players have a choice. Don't tell me how rocky the seas are, just bring the ship in. I'm not trying to beat up on Bruce but damn.. we need help and time and talent is THIN.

People act like Bruce just sat there, I'm sure the Redskins at least explored the option (maybe even explored VJ), but TJ had a situation where money wasn't an issue, he was gonna get paid his money no matter what, it was all about choice.

I'm not talking just about WR. We needed more depth at Offensive line, at Free Safety, at Cornerback, at Outside Linebacker, at 'fullback', and a real blocking tight end. There were a lot of good candidates out there -- some better than the Darrell Young, and Logan Paulsen types we've held over from training camp.

The Skins weren't all that deep, but it looks like Snyder/Allen/Shanahan are standing pat with the players they brought into training camp (after dumping many of the Cerrato era picks.) I view this latest 'losing out" on some 'marquee' WRs is simply highlighting the Skins passivity. I understand that TJ went with championship contender, but there are other good players out there. Players who are probably better than Roydell Williams, Logan Paulsen, Darrell Young, Brian Westbrook, etc. Just how hard are we chasing those guys? I haven't seen any signings, except by other teams.

The final cuts to 53 represented the Skins' last good chance in 2010 to upgrade some areas for concern -- but I don't see any action besides the routine signing of 7 of our training camp cuts to the practice squad. (Oh yes, and losing Edwin Williams to the Bears.)

I'm not talking just about WR. We needed more depth at Offensive line, at Free Safety, at Cornerback, at Outside Linebacker, at 'fullback', and a real blocking tight end. There were a lot of good candidates out there -- some better than the Darrell Young, and Logan Paulsen types we've held over from training camp.

The Skins weren't all that deep, but it looks like Snyder/Allen/Shanahan are standing pat with the players they brought into training camp (after dumping many of the Cerrato era picks.) I view this latest 'losing out" on some 'marquee' WRs is simply highlighting the Skins passivity. I understand that TJ went with championship contender, but there are other good players out there. Players who are probably better than Roydell Williams, Logan Paulsen, Darrell Young, Brian Westbrook, etc. Just how hard are we chasing those guys? I haven't seen any signings, except by other teams.

The final cuts to 53 represented the Skins' last good chance in 2010 to upgrade some areas for concern -- but I don't see any action besides the routine signing of 7 of our training camp cuts to the practice squad. (Oh yes, and losing Edwin Williams to the Bears.)

does it really look to you like ANY team in the NFL is undergoing a massive overhaul of players after they get to camps? One or two people here or there. We signed Carey Davis and Tyrone Carter. We just cut both of them. All you can say is these people are "probably" better than the guys we have on the roster? Why not defer to the people trained and paid to evaluate players rather than demand we be stocked with other teams castoffs. These guys couldn't make their original team with months of studying and practicing with them. ANd now you want them on our roster when it counts?

Now this degenerates onto pointless JLC basing

:yawnee:

Basing? You mean bashing? Come on grammar police, you need to step your own game up if you want to have the Grammar Police badge on your sig.

Plus JLC deserves every bit of the bashing he's receiving. If he wants to be taken as a credible part of the media, then his info has to be credible; however, 98% of it isn't anywhere close to being correct, much less credible.

What in the world are the Ravens...and especially Housh thinking? The only thing I can think is that they told Housh if he works hard he could take Mason's spot for the future.

Mason is 36. That is not a huge leap in logic to figure he could bump Mason and get maybe another 2 or 3 years. He probably would have been 1 and out in DC.

I don't think it matters where they line X,Z and slot because their all the same guy.

The Ravens have 3 different versions of the possession receiver:

Boldin tough possession receiver willing to go over the middle and usually delivers the punishment, good after the catch

Mason skilled route runner possession receiver willing to go over the middle (but you won't catch Mason getting himself knocked out)

Housh tough possession good route runner willing to go over the middle and get knocked out to make the tough catch

But, just from a familiarity stand point Mason will probably still be the No.1 target because Mason knows the system the best and Flacco has the most familiarity with him

The Skins weren't all that deep, but it looks like Snyder/Allen/Shanahan are standing pat with the players they brought into training camp

(after dumping many of the Cerrato era picks.) I view this latest 'losing out" on some 'marquee' WRs is simply highlighting the Skins passivity. I understand that TJ went with championship contender, but there are other good players out there. Players who are probably better than Roydell Williams, Logan Paulsen, Darrell Young, Brian Westbrook, etc. Just how hard are we chasing those guys? I haven't seen any signings, except by other teams.

1) Maybe the coaches are happy with the receiving corps as they are?

I think with Moss, Cooley and Davis to build an offense around the rest of the receivers are going to be complimentary players anyway.

2) The only way you can know if a player can play is to actually let them

there is no way to know site unseen you must give players a chance to develop that's what the NFL is all about developing players

I know the Ravens are closer to a championship then we are, but now he'll be competing for balls with Boldin and Mason. Then Stallworth comes back after 8 weeks.

Stallworth really isn't a threat to TJ. He was competing with Clayton for the third spot... and losing.

TJ > Mason. Really, hard as it may to believe he really is.

*GASP* Take it back! :cry:

What in the world are the Ravens...and especially Housh thinking? The only thing I can think is that they told Housh if he works hard he could take Mason's spot for the future.

The Ravens (fans) are thinking "Wow, we got a good/sometimes very good receiver for next to nothing."

Housh is less clear... He might be thinking "REVENGE!" or, like you said, "I'm gunning for your job, Derrick... and your number!"

Archived