Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

Schefter was on SportsCenter this morning basically saying that alot of teams were interested in House because all they had to pay was the vet min. Which meant that TJ had his pick of teams. We were offering the same thing as the Ravens. He was basically gonna pick a team that offered him the best chance to win and play. Yes he would've played alot here, but I guess he thought the Ravens have a better chance of winning. I can't say I blame him.

Guess your right. Do you think if we offered him 1.5 million or 2 million plus incentives he would of come here. Or do you think since he has all the Seattle money it wouldnt of played a factor.

I guess im bitter cause Larry Johnsons deal is bigger than his and TJ will probably catch atleast 80 passes and get in the endzone atleast 5 times.

The Ravens got a great deal.

We need to sign Housh asap. There is absolutely no reason not to. This guy at the very least is a legit #2 for us. This should have been done already this morning imo.

Apparently since Housh will be getting paid guaranteed money from the Seahawks (roughly 7 mil), he is in a position to choose whatever team HE wants to play for. Why he would want to play for the Raiders instead of the Redskins? Maybe he would rather stay on the West Coast plus he would probably be their #1 WR. However, I think his #s would be better playing in the Skins' offense.

See this in case it wasn't already posted...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLi ... &hl=180885

Housh expected to pick from Skins, Raiders

The Seattle Times reports that free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh is expected to sign with either the Redskins or the Raiders.

The Times cites "a source who had spoken with him." The decision is easy -- Houshmandzadeh should sign with the Skins, even if the Raiders offer more money this year (he's getting a $7 million baseline regardless). On top of a better chance to win, playing with Donovan McNabb alongside Chris Cooley and Santana Moss in a Mike Shanahan offense would give Housh his best chance to put up numbers. He could parlay that into a contract for 2011. Sep. 5 - 10:07 pm et

Source: Seattle Times

Apparently since Housh will be getting paid guaranteed money from the Seahawks (roughly 7 mil), he is in a position to choose whatever team HE wants to play for. Why he would want to play for the Raiders instead of the Redskins? Maybe he would rather stay on the West Coast plus he would probably be their #1 WR. However, I think his #s would be better playing in the Skins' offense.

See this in case it wasn't already posted...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLi ... &hl=180885

Housh expected to pick from Skins, Raiders

The Seattle Times reports that free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh is expected to sign with either the Redskins or the Raiders.

The Times cites "a source who had spoken with him." The decision is easy -- Houshmandzadeh should sign with the Skins, even if the Raiders offer more money this year (he's getting a $7 million baseline regardless). On top of a better chance to win, playing with Donovan McNabb alongside Chris Cooley and Santana Moss in a Mike Shanahan offense would give Housh his best chance to put up numbers. He could parlay that into a contract for 2011. Sep. 5 - 10:07 pm et

Source: Seattle Times

A little late... ;)

What a ******* idiot. Really?! So now he's trying to say, "Hey guys, I wasn't wrong, REALLY. Look, these teams really WERE in on it...........please don't fire me."

:ols: yeah, TG for that.

michaelombardi

@JasonLaCanfora I am sure they all were, but get ready for the Raider denial, Bagdad Bob Herrera will be getting the press release done now 4 minutes ago via web in reply to JasonLaCanfora

Guess your right. Do you think if we offered him 1.5 million or 2 million plus incentives he would of come here. Or do you think since he has all the Seattle money it wouldnt of played a factor.

I guess im bitter cause Larry Johnsons deal is bigger than his and TJ will probably catch atleast 80 passes and get in the endzone atleast 5 times.

If we would've offered him more, then I think he would've come here. But everyone offered him the minimum because the Seahawks will now pay 6.1MM and whoever signed him would've paid the rest i.e. vet min. So no one was offering more than the vet min because Seattle was paying him no matter what. So that meant he had his pick of where to go, because I'm sure there were a bunch of teams in the running. Basically he chose the Ravens because he felt they gave him the best chance to win. It had nothing to do with Shanahan and Allen not wanting him.

Aww :pooh:....

Ravens agreed to terms with WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh on a one-year, $855,000 contract.

This one comes out of left field. The Ravens already have two aging possession-type receivers in Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason, so it's hard to see where Housh fits. Regardless, the egotistical former Seahawk is an extremely inexpensive gamble and will provide solid depth at the least. He should be held in all fantasy formats while he learns the Ravens' playbook and finds his niche. If you haven't drafted yet, expectations for Housh should be limited to WR4/5 at best. Let someone else grab him too high based on name recognition. Sep. 6 - 11:29 am et

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Whos on the boat of bitterness with me. Were setting sail!

:ols: I don't think it really matters all that much. I would have liked to see him with the Skins, but at the same time I'm not all broken up over it not happening either. In fact, this only makes me think the Skins are up to something bigger. Seems like they're doing something on the down low. It's going to be an interesting week. ;)

If we would've offered him more, then I think he would've come here. But everyone offered him the minimum because the Seahawks will now pay 6.1MM and whoever signed him would've paid the rest i.e. vet min. So no one was offering more than the vet min because Seattle was paying him no matter what. So that meant he had his pick of where to go, because I'm sure there were a bunch of teams in the running. Basically he chose the Ravens because he felt they gave him the best chance to win. It had nothing to do with Shanahan and Allen not wanting him.

I don't think anyone was going to offer him any more than what the Ravens did. I seem to recall Housh saying he would like to rejoin the Bengals. If that's true and the Bengals spurned him, I would say this was one of those "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" cases. Seemed like he was leaning towards returning to the AFC North. The Ravens simply gasve him that opportunity. :helmet:

I can't blame the Skins front office, cuz he could go whereever he wanted. Going to the Ravens makes sense since they're the best team amongst those that appeared to be interested. But playing time might be tight with Boldin and Mason entrenched at 1 and 2 and you've still got Clayton and Stallworth to deal with.

But I refuse to believe we're gonna go the whole season with Moss, Galloway, Armstrong, Thomas, and Banks at WR. But Housh seemed like the best option, and they're running out of good ones that won't cost an arm and a leg.

:ols: I don't think it really matters all that much. I would have liked to see him with the Skins, but at the same time I'm not all broken up over it not happening either. In fact, this only makes me think the Skins are up to something bigger. Seems like they're doing something on the down low. It's going to be an interesting week. ;)

I like you optomism and all but what would be something bigger? Vincent Jackson. 6 game suspension sucks and if he comes here he has 1 more strike and we would have to pay a ton of money. I really dont think we are going to do anything about our receiver position until next year in the draft.

I like you optomism and all but what would be something bigger? Vincent Jackson. 6 game suspension sucks and if he comes here he has 1 more strike and we would have to pay a ton of money. I really dont think we are going to do anything about our receiver position until next year in the draft.

You got a point, but I'm pretty much basing my opinion on how things have been done throughout the offseason (ie McNabb, Brown, Carriker). Got to hand it to Shanny and Allen, they know how to be tight-lipped. Also, I can't help but to see that final PS opening and think there's something to it. ;)

He got $7 million and what he signed for goes to seattle.

He and agent picked the team and we were just watching and waiting.

I hope you guys realize HE HAD A CHOICE, HE DID NOT CHOOSE THE REDSKINS.

Cinci didn't want him back, so why not get back into AFC North and prove them wrong?

Oh and also, Ravens are muuuuuch better right now than the 'Skins. If it was reported all along that Ravens were a factor, even I would have told you it is an easy choice, Ravens.

People act like Bruce just sat there, I'm sure the Redskins at least explored the option (maybe even explored VJ), but TJ had a situation where money wasn't an issue, he was gonna get paid his money no matter what, it was all about choice.

Dam the Ravens are stacked at reciever now... Nice problem to have... Still think we need to add something to the WR spot in order peak McNabbs interest in staying here.. Just not sure there are any realoptions left... Here's to a surpise season.... HAIL!

Archived