Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

I'm in the nay column for Housh. I'd rather give Armstrong, Roydell and Thomas a chance with McNabb to step up. Whether you think it or not, Galloway will take pressure off of Moss because he still has the afterburners. He might not catch a whole lot of balls, but you can't just single cover the guy all the time because he can blow by you and take one to the house before you know it. Cooley and Davis will also take some attention away from Moss.

If the Shanahans decide we need Housh and they get him, fine. I just think we'd be fine without the guy.

I just do not get this thinking. Where is the evidence that Galloway still has anything left in the tank? Yes, Galloway was a hell of a receiver in his day, and yes Galloway was a burner, but what has he done to show he is the person we want as the #2 WR for the 2010 Washington Redskins? If Galloway were coming off of a 79 catch, 911 yard season, I would feel a lot more comfortable about him, but Galloway is two years removed from a productive season. The last two seasons he has 13 catches and 7 catches averaging 10 and 9 yards per catch.

Houshmandzadeh on the other hand IS coming off a 79 catch, 911 yard season. He has also been productive the last six seasons in two different offenses.

I am excited about the prospect of having 3rd and 7, and lining up Housh, Moss, Cooley, and Davis. This gives us 4 guys that defenses have to respect and 4 guys who can catch the ball.

Roydell Williams has not taken an nfl snap in 2 years

Don't bother bringing logic into the discussion. I've been trying to this whole thread. I now realize that Roydell Williams, Brandon Banks, and Anthony Armstrong will each average 114 catches, 1,400 yards, and 12 TDs this season.

You have to at least buy your date dinner first before you take her home. It might even take a couple of dates before you can seal the deal lol.

That was during the 70's and 80's when players and teams were loyal toward each other. Now it's simply a one night stand and if you get them pregnant you marry them and stay with them for as long as you can tolerate each other. ;)

I obviously meant the last year he played. Stop dragging down the discussion with comments like this. It doesn't change the point I made about him not being PS eligible, does it? He caught 700 yards worth of balls, didn't he?

Joey Galloway had over 1,000 yards in 2007 when Roydell Williams had 700 yards. If only this were three years ago. Too bad it's 2010.

Archived