Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

:wtf: Didn't see that one coming. Well, that suspense is over. :silly: However, this makes me wonder two things. 1) Were we ever that serious about Housh in the first place (JLC is such a dumbass) and 2) Does this indicate any connection that the Skins believe they'll get VJ from the Chargers at some point. Need some tea leaves read. :D

damn.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5539093

In a surprise move, the Baltimore Ravens reached agreement with former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh on a one-year, $855,000 deal, according to league sources.

Seattle still owes Houshmandzadeh $6.15 million, meaning the receiver will make a total of $7 million this season.

Houshmandzadeh had multiple opportunities but ultimately decided to join a team in the same division as the team that drafted him -- the Cincinnati Bengals.

Houshmandzadeh now will join a stable of wide receivers that includes Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason and Donte Stallworth.

Baltimore now will have to shed one player from its roster.

....Houshmandzadeh on the other hand IS coming off a 79 catch, 911 yard season. He has also been productive the last six seasons in two different offenses.

I am excited about the prospect of having 3rd and 7, and lining up Housh, Moss, Cooley, and Davis. This gives us 4 guys that defenses have to respect and 4 guys who can catch the ball.

I'll admit, it took me a few minutes to get excited and a few more to make me depressed. :(

Archived