Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

The only reason why I could see TJ picking the Raiders is that he's a West Coast (talking geographically) guy. Born in Cali, played at Oregon State, and wanted to go to Seattle partly because of the area ($ too).

If he is happier with his 7 mill and playing a 1 year contract with the raiders for the chance at another contract somewhere, then we lose out on his services. If he is looking for a chance to play on a team that could make it to the playoffs, I would have to think that the Redskins look better on paper than the Raiders.

being fine is not good enough. not in our division. he's a great vet, played 2nd fiddle to 85 in cincy and still produced. He's talented enough to start for this team today. you have to take advantage of that situation. We're not talking about adding TO, or pacman jones here.

I don't think TJ has ever been a locker room distraction either. He's produced as both a #1 (in Seattle) and a #2 (in Cincy). He would be a great pickup.

Why on earth is everyone forgetting that we still have R.Williams on the roster? Why would we cut Galloway who is still a decent proven WR and keep R.Williams who has yet to do anything? Why would we keep one extra PS spot if not to move someone there if or when we picked up someone who could not be put on the PS? I'm guessing the team is making a move and "if" TJ comes R.Williams will be moved to PS. If TJ does not come then we can pick up one of our other cuts or another teams cuts.

Roydell played more than 9 games last year. He's not PS eligible. Plus he had 700+ yards last year. Why not give him a chance?

So, you don't think Wes Welker's any good?

Welker's YPC is pretty dismal for a receiver. But if you look at his role on that team it paints a clearer picture. He is solely their slot receiver and is their number one option. Brady throws to him more than anyone else and most of his catches are on extremely underneath routes. Welker averages 5.8 YAC for his career. TJ's YAC for his career is 3.8. Welker's 29, and at least before his knee surgery was one of the quickest receivers in the league and had a perfect size his position. TJ is older, slower and I'm just not a fan. Chalk some of it up to bias, but I'd prefer our current corps. Is he still a decent possession receiver? Yes, but I think you know better than to throw a comparison out there to Welker just to discredit my opinion simply because they have one stat in common. You know who the better player is right now.

I don't see this move as a Snyder or Vinny move. IMO if Vinny were still GM, we would have traded for both VJ and TJ and wouldn't have any draft picks for the next 12 years.

We are talking a solid and consistent WR that will play for the vet minimum. This is a no brainer unless you ( namely GM Allen) don't think he has it any more and is perhaps washed up.

Welker's YPC is pretty dismal for a receiver. But if you look at his role on that team it paints a clearer picture. He is solely their slot receiver and is their number one option. Brady throws to him more than anyone else and most of his catches are on extremely underneath routes. Welker averages 5.8 YAC for his career. TJ's YAC for his career is 3.8. Welker's 29, and at least before his knee surgery was one of the quickest receivers in the league and had a perfect size his position. TJ is older, slower and I'm just not a fan. Chalk some of it up to bias, but I'd prefer our current corps. Is he still a decent possession receiver? Yes, but I think you know better than to throw a comparison out there to Welker just to discredit my opinion simply because they have one stat in common. You know who the better player is right now.

Would you take him if he lived up to his stats the last 5 years? We are only talking about a one year deal and I would say it's more likely that he has a year in line with his last five rather than all of a sudden have his game completely dissapear.

Is he slower than Welker? yes. He isn't any slower than Fitzgerald or Bolden are or slower than they were their rookie year.

Get off the whole possesion reciever thing. Brandon Marshall is a possesion receiver. Does that mean you wouldn't take his production for 1 year and $850,000 without having to trade for him?

He too is slower and more of a possesion type guy.

I am glad your not our GM.

People complaining about keeping Williams really remind me of one of my big annoyances with the NFL. If you're cut and not immediately picked up by another team then you're done. It doesn't matter if the player was injured or the victim of a numbers crunch it's like any previous talent is gone.

I'd also like to point out that in a season with no cap there is no mimimum salary

Roydell played more than 9 games last year. He's not PS eligible. Plus he had 700+ yards last year. Why not give him a chance?

I did not know that.... for whome did he play cause I thought we cut him last yr? My main reason would be that TJ has put up 900+ yrds the last 6 seasons. More yrds for more seasons = proven to me. I'd take TJ.

I hope we get it done... think about who he had throwing him the ball last year.... a busted up Hasselback and a backup...he still had close to 1000 yards....

all we need is a solid #2 to take some pressure off Moss... if he could give us 800-900 yards a few TDs that would do the trick..

I guess I too don't understand this whole "possession receiver" lable. I mean is it not true that any receiver who is getting the yrds, moving the chains and catching the balls is considered a possession WR? One yr Moss was our "possession WR." Last yr it started out Cooley and ended up Davis.

Call it what you want, I'll take TJ's 3 extra TD's last yr and his 900+yrds for the last 6 yrs. 900+ yrds screams of WR who will help move the chains.

pixel.gifpixel.gif

Browns GM Tom Heckert said that he is not interested in free agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

When your receiving corps is as raw and unproven as the Browns is, you're going to get asked about upgrades. But the Browns are wise to see what they have in Brian Robiski and Mohamed Massaquoi instead of bringing in an egotistical, declining veteran. The Redskins and Raiders remains the front-runners for Housh.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=180913

Archived