Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

I'll admit, it took me a few minutes, and looking at some stats, to actually get kind of excited about this, if it happens. Houshmandzadeh had a "down" year last year because he ONLY had 79 receptions and 900+ yards.........:rubeyes:, that's better than any #2 WR we've had since.........for yard Albert Connell in 1999, and since before 1993 (that's as far back as ESPN's stats go).

I think it would be stupid to turn down the opportunity to sign a guy that could be the best #2 we've ever had this side of Gary Clark.

If we sign him, I'll bet Shanahan and Allen can make it work, if we don't then I'll believe Joey Galloway will be able to work, but wouldn't it be nice to have 2 WRs that need double coverage (Moss and Housh) instead of counting on our TE to be our #2 because we don't really have one?

Not to mention how this could help the red zone offense. Moss, Housh, Cooley, and Davis in the end zone. Throw the fade where ever you want, I'll take that bet.

Little late to the party- huh :evilg:

Me to JLC

@JasonLaConfora: Looks like you missed another "report" with TJ signing in Baltimore. Niiiiiiiice. Brag about that one later.

:D

Lol good let him have it. I ripped him for his Haynesworth "story" the other night. He's probably the worst reporter ever. And Jason Reid is a close 2nd.

absolutely speechless..........hope our front office knows what they are doing

I would have loved to have TJ, but now we have to focus on what we have:

Moss and Cooley are still an awesome duo. Fred Davis gives us a lot as well. We just have to hope Armstrong, Galloway, Thomas, Williams, or Banks will gives us something at WR, and that Cooley and Davis can handle business in the red zone.

absolutely speechless..........hope our front office knows what they are doing

I don't think it was our front office's fault on this one. Every team was offering him the same thing, Vet min, he was obviously going to go to a team he thought could win it all and where he could make an impact. The Ravens aren't a bad choice.

The Redskins just refuse to bring in WR's dont they? LOL

Im convinced now, we should have brought him in. If the Ravens think hes worth it he is. They have a good organization.

I wonder if we were really even in talks with him.

Guys what did we pay for Larry Johnson? isnt it 1.5 million plus incentives?

We are paying more for a backup RB behind Portis.

TJ get 885 thousand and would have made a TON of plays for us.

We dropped the ball on this one big time.

The Redskins just refuse to bring in WR's dont they? LOL

Im convinced now, we should have brought him in. If the Ravens think hes worth it he is. They have a good organization.

I wonder if we were really even in talks with him.

Guys what did we pay for Larry Johnson? isnt it 1.5 million plus incentives?

We are paying more for a backup RB behind Portis.

TJ get 885 thousand and would have made a TON of plays for us.

Schefter was on SportsCenter this morning basically saying that alot of teams were interested in House because all they had to pay was the vet min. Which meant that TJ had his pick of teams. We were offering the same thing as the Ravens. He was basically gonna pick a team that offered him the best chance to win and play. Yes he would've played alot here, but I guess he thought the Ravens have a better chance of winning. I can't say I blame him.

Archived