Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: T.J. Houshmandzadeh deciding between Raiders and Redskins - Signs With RAVENS

GenMgr

Everyone wants to go to the skins or raiders to end their career with a fat paycheck. But for real that would help out ALOT

So true! The Skins should call themselves the NFL Player's Pension Fund Management Company :beavisnbutthead:

Housh won't open things up for Santana. Defenses don't respect him like that. I hope he goes to the Raiders.

Agreed, he's old, slow and I've never thought he was that good to begin with. He's never even had a respectable YPC average. He had good stats because defenses always doubled and tripled Chad Johnson, but he's not anywhere near as talented now as he was then and I wasn't that high on him then. The Bengals let him walk for a reason, and now so are the Seahawks. I'm actually pretty upset we're looking at him.

Going on record and saying if we do sign him, we're going to regret the signing.

I think he's a good player but he won't add as much as we expect him to and he'll take snaps away from potential young starters down the road in Armstrong and DT. I'd be surprised to see him put up the kind of numbers people are thinking he's going to and I do just see him as a player who is looking for one final payday.

I will be the first to say that Ive never really been a Housh fan. Although, at the same time Ill be one of the firsts to tell you we need a tall receiver and all the offensive help we can get. To the peeps that basically say "He wont help", well quote me as saying "He sure as hell cant hurt":cool:.

Going on record to say that when we do sign him, we will be much better in our down field passing game. Housh and a very good pass catching tight end(two actually) will allow a lot more one on one down the field. I think he will dramatically help in the redzone with him added into the tiger formation.

A receiver that grabs 80 balls in a bad year will in no way hurt our team. There is not way of spinning it in a bad way.

This HAS to get done. First of all I don't think people realize how bad our wide receivers are. Joey Galloway would probably start for about one or two other teams, Anthony Armstrong has never played in an NFL regular season game and Devin Thomas isn't someone you can rely on. Our WR corps is bottom five in the league and anyone who would dispute that is drinking some heavily spiked koolaid. Second of all, people need to get over the not signing vets b.s. If you can play, you can play. Handing out too much money to free agents and signing players that CAN'T play, regardless of age, has been our problem. There is not a single bit of evidence that Housh's skills have diminished beyond what we need him for, which is not 100 catches and 1500 yards. To say you don't want to sign a player that has ability and can contribute just because he's old is blindingly dumb, no offense. It's funny that the people saying let's see what Armstrong and Austin (if he plays this year) are the ones who should want Houshmanzadeh here the most, because he will only help your boys out.

Going on record and saying if we do sign him, we're going to regret the signing.

I think he's a good player but he won't add as much as we expect him to and he'll take snaps away from potential young starters down the road in Armstrong and DT. I'd be surprised to see him put up the kind of numbers people are thinking he's going to and I do just see him as a player who is looking for one final payday.

You realize he'd be getting paid form the Seahawks right? People keep throwing that final payday line around, and don't seem to be paying attention to the fact that his money is guaranteed from the 'Hawks, meaning the risk vs. reward is in our favor. Also DT and Armstrong still have yet to prove anything regarding consistency and like the saying goes, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". Right now our eggs are in a young 2nd round pick who can't beat out a 38 year old and a guy who's flashed in preseason, and may be a steal, but is still a relative unknown. Housh adds legitimacy, and if anything will take some pressure off those young guys.

Archived