Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Matt Leinart get's cut,should Redskins pick him up?

gohard202

If the Cards cut Matt Leinart should we pick him up? I don't think it would hurt. We could probably salvage his career. Thoughts?

Heaven help you if you ask a question. People in here get so upset if something's not up to their standards. I didn't see a problem with the question.

Considering his potential, why not. Is Rex Grossman the answer long term? If he is, we're asking the wrong questions.

Leinhart is a bust! He was drafted 3 years ago in the first round and couldn't beat anyone out to win the starting job.

Neither could Jason Campbell. JC never once beat out anybody for a starting position. He was handed the starting gig without any competition. Leinhart on the other hand hasn't been properly handled. It was obvious from day one that Whisenhunt didn't want Leinhart for whatever reason and put him on a short leash. It's like with most coaches, they want their own guy in there. (see McDaniels and Cutler fiasco) He's really never had the time (minus that first year) to gain the experience or the reps. Lets be serious, you can know the play book like the back of your hand and go through all the drills you want in practice, but it doesn't account for game day experience.

That said, I can't sit here and say Leinhart is a good QB in the NFL, I just noted that he hasn't been given the opportunity that most 1st rounders are given. (carr, manning, campbell, etc..)

We have enough QB's on roster, why pick him up

Because even though members of this forum are reacting in typical fashion Leinart is:

o an upgrade at the 3rd QB spot

o next year he could compete with Grossman for the No.2 spot

o who know's maybe Shanahan can make something out of him the guy has talent (don't quote me but i remember hearing that Shanahan liked Leinart when he was coming out of college)

o it wouldn't cost anything

I still think there's about 0 chance he gets cut.

He'll probably go to Seattle and get cut by the Seahawks :silly:
Raiders.

They always pick up former #1 picks released by other teams.

I think Seahawks. Pete Carroll will figure he can win with Leinart since he already has, but Al Davis doesn't like retread QBs unless they can throw the ball from Oakland to Oklahoma. Leinart can barely throw it across the street.

If the Cards cut Matt Leinart should we pick him up? I don't think it would hurt. We could probably salvage his career. Thoughts?

I noticed your age is 95, maybe you are also senile. Why would the Skins want this guy when he can't make it in Cardinal land?

Archived