Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're wearing Red uniforms vs. Dallas (some would call it burgundy MET)

SMU Redskin

AWEFUL SPEAR!!!!!!!

That Jersey is in my opinion the BEST jersey we have. I only wish the numbers weren't so plain maybe a gold border like the other ones?

I know alot of people like them. I'm just not one of them. That uniform just looks too busy for me. I prefer it simple, but then again I am old.:) The spear with white background on the shoulder just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not a fan of the spear on the helmet either. I know we had it first but it does make me think of FSU and besides the Redskins sucked during the "spear" era so I'm not too hung up on "tradition" on that one.

I've always been a Gibbs 1 uniform proponent but I've backed off since it's now been so long since then and I can understand the need/desire for an update in the uniform.

I do think the logo on the helmet is damn near perfect and beautiful. We can/should tweak the color of the helmet but that logo should never go away.

I think the gold pants would look pretty cool. If Bruce does it, I'll definitely support it.

However, the uni that scruffy posted is probably the worst looking uni I've ever seen. :ols: :2cents:

Really?

To each his own of course but I'm curious, besides the unmatching helmet color which is terrible for sure, what is it about the uniform itself that you don't like as compared to either our current uniform or the 2002 throwbacks?

Rule #1 of playing the Cowboys: Make them wear their road blues.

I really dislike the movement towards burgundy at home, partly b/c our "glory days" look is white and partly b/c somewhere around the late 90's we went to a more "metallic" burgundy in the helmet and on the jersey that just looks drab especially at night.

Our burgundy should move back towards red.

There's a chance we might even see the white on gold this season. I didn't like white on gold when we did the throwbacks against the giants a few years ago, but that's mostly because we used canary yellow packer-skin helmet. I think it would have looked great with the traditional helmet.

1106_large.jpg

I know alot of people like them. I'm just not one of them. That uniform just looks too busy for me. I prefer it simple, but then again I am old.:) The spear with white background on the shoulder just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not a fan of the spear on the helmet either. I know we had it first but it does make me think of FSU and besides the Redskins sucked during the "spear" era so I'm not too hung up on "tradition" on that one.

I've always been a Gibbs 1 uniform proponent but I've backed off since it's now been so long since then and I can understand the need/desire for an update in the uniform.

I do think the logo on the helmet is damn near perfect and beautiful. We can/should tweak the color of the helmet but that logo should never go away.

What about these?

t_30269_01.jpg

Here's what i'd like to see:

-burgundy jerseys/gold pants with our regular helmet for home games.

-white jerseys/gold pants with our regular helmets for away games.

-no white on white.

-no burgundy on burgundy.

i'll admit, i like the burgundy on burgundy BETTER than the white on white....but the solid color look is not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination.

Call me crazy, but I think burgandy-on-burgandy (stay classy) are the best uniforms in the NFL (Chargers close 2nd). I recall Lavar saying the same thing on his show last week.

HOW SICK ARE THOSE

I loved those jerseys but they seem to have some bad mojo around them. I even lost wearing them on Madden yesterday :(

For me, I really hate the All Burgundy; just a terrible look all around. The All White I liked though. However, if it were up to me, I'd just drop the White pants all together and go with this:

Home = Burgundy Tops / Gold Pants

Away = White Tops / Burgundy Pants

Alt 1 = 70th Anniversary

Alt 2 = 75th Anniversary

In addition to the alts, add a Burgundy Top for the 75th, and a White Top for the 70th.

i like this...i was in favor of it when marty took over, and i like it now.

In terms of the "dallas wearing white in our house" argument...i've never 100% loved that we would base any uniform decision on what dallas wants to wear. So, if our organization wants to wear burgundy at home, i hate the idea of changing it up for one game just to try to stick it to dallas. It's almost like they are the ones dictating that decision and i hate that.

I'm hoping we see the gold pants with the burgundy jerseys and the burgundy pants whenever we wear the white jerseys (on the road).

I can't wait for football to start!!

+1

i don't agree with this problem people are having with dallas wearing white. who cares.

i've always favored the red jerseys at home, and even buy the jersey's in red when i can.

every team in the NFL has a white jersey. Not every team has red. WHy would not want to sport our main colors (burgendy and gold) at home? Because of the garbage argument that white makes you look bigger? Because dark colors make you hot? Who cares. wear the main colors...

Just to clarify, this would not break with tradition. Before Joe Gibbs came to Washington, we always wore burgundy tops at home.

We've been wearing burgundy jerseys at home much longer than white jerseys.

True!

And on a personal note, I've always thought that the Gibbs era uniforms are our 2nd worst unis ever. Only the burg-on-burg was uglier. The Gibbs era uniforms just look "fast-foodish" to me.

I'm not certain but I think Dallas is wearing White uniforms all year in every game. A friend of mine who is a regular at the Boys' site told me they were wearing White all year.

Call me old fashion, but I'm in favor of our classic look. I am of the mindset that the Cowboys don't wear white jerseys in our stadium. I have the "good guys wear white" mentality.....sue me...haha

I guess I'm use to it as I begin following the Redskins in the early 80's at 8 years old. I'm really partial to the white/white too. The burgandy and white bottoms are good every now and then. Don't really care for gold pants, but the photo shop picture of Devin Thomas is something I can get use to...but the classic look or white on white is my favorite.

In the end it doesn't really matter, I hope they don't change the uniforms too much though, but if the redskins win opening day and have a good showing throughout the season the last thing we will be talking about is their uniforms.

HAIL

Call me old fashion, but I'm in favor of our classic look. I am of the mindset that the Cowboys don't wear white jerseys in our stadium. I have the "good guys wear white" mentality.....sue me...haha

I guess I'm use to it as I begin following the Redskins in the early 80's at 8 years old. I'm really partial to the white/white too. The burgandy and white bottoms are good every now and then. Don't really care for gold pants, but the photo shop picture of Devin Thomas is something I can get use to...but the classic look or white on white is my favorite.

In the end it doesn't really matter, I hope they don't change the uniforms too much though, but if the redskins win opening day and have a good showing throughout the season the last thing we will be talking about is their uniforms.

HAIL

As long as we dont do some arena crap like the Vikings did im cool :cool:

Archived