Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Burnley, Bolton and now Blackburn.

Is he trying to make it that he won't be able to go back to any of thise Lancashire towns?

I guess you take work when and where you can, but in the end no one is going to like him around there.  I'll give him a shot, but my immediate reaction was pretty much disgusted from his prior affiliations and I'm not even a local.  His track record hasn't really been the best either of late.  Eh.

Lol @ the Leeds/ Wilshere stat.

And Hodgson picked him.

Trying to decide which is a safet bet. Monk out by December or England home before Wimbledon starts.

Hail.

Drinkwater is a tidy player, Wilshere has the TALENT to be a difference maker but that was clearly a stupid choice by Hodgson.  He's a ****ing idiot and thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else.  Reminds me of our youngest sister.

****ing gundogan to man city.  Exceptional player...makes their midfield lightyears better.  Fabregas/Ozil type who can pick a pass and spray the field.  Not happy about it one bit.

And the Dortmund exodus begins (forgot hummels left already)...next up: Auba and Reus.

And for 21m!!!!!!  Steal.... 

Yeah good business by City already.

And I'll go back to the end of that Dortmund game when a certain bitter was questioning why anyone would want to leave BVB... and I said "Bayern have a monopoly on the league and the way we put them out of Europe had to sting."

What's left to play for at Dortmund.

• Like 1

And I'll go back to the end of that Dortmund game when a certain bitter was questioning why anyone would want to leave BVB... and I said "Bayern have a monopoly on the league and the way we put them out of Europe had to sting."

What's left to play for at Dortmund.

Since you guys call Everton fans bitters Im assuming this was referencing me. Where did I ever say that? Love to see a quote of me saying that. Players leave teams all of the time, why wouldnt they leave BVB as well? BVB has and Im sure will bring in more players.

I have said, though I may have posted this on Big Soccer, that Pulisic shouldnt want to leave BVB as he is young and getting starting time on a team to knows him and believes in him and has CL soccer to play. But I dont think anyone would disagree that a young kid shouldnt be quick to hop to a different team.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/DieFohlen/status/738350230505197568

(six months later)

Pep: What do you mean there isn't a winter break in the Premier League?

Holy smokes, was with Dortmund for 5 years and missed 126 games through injury. Guess they are used to not having him around.

All of the sudden seeing reports that Koeman is going to sign with Everton. That would seem like a sudden turn around. Though we all know how reliable soccer rumors are, Ill believe this when I see it.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Of course he gets some credit. But that team under him last year was 7th at 46 points. In the German league that dont you all say is a 2 team league? I admit I may be mistaken in the last statement.

This year they have 68 points with 5 games left to go. Klopp gets credit for helping build that team, but Tuchel gets the majority of the credit for how the team has performed this year. That tweet is saying, oh well, the only reason we lost is because Klopp is so awesome.

Percentage wise, how much credit do you think Klopp should get for Dortmunds season this year vs Tuchel?

On the flip side, since Liverpool was built by Rogers, does that mean a good portion of the success that Klopp had in getting them deep into the Europe league should go to Rogers?

You didnt answer my question. How much credit for this teams job goes to Klopp vs Tuchel since he built the Dortmund squad?

You are saying he deserves the credit since he built the squad. Well, Rogers built the squad Klopp is using, in fact he took that squad to 2nd in the EPL and missed winning it by 2 points. I just think its rather hypocritical so say Klopp gets the majority of the credit for what Dortmund has done this year but also all of the credit for Liverpool. Tuchel got Dortmund 20 more points in 5 less games this year than Klopp did with these players, he deserves the majority of the credit.

That just makes no sense to me at all.

Klopp brought in players that Dortmund has so he gets credit for Dortmund success. Rogers brought in the players Liverpool has but Klopp gets all of the credit for Liverpool's success. Am I the only one that thinks this makes no sense?

I think Klopp should get some credit for the Dortmund team since he helped build it, I just think its crazy to give him most of the credit. That great team he built was bad last year. And Dortmund is currently on pace to finish the season with more points than Klopp had in every season but the 2011/2012 season. So I feel like Tuchel should get most of the credit for how he has them performing.

If Tuchel doesn't get most of the credit for how Dortmund is performing why does Klopp get all of the credit for Liverpool when none of those are his players? Of course he should get some credit as he is the manager and he has to be the one to get them trained to his style and get performances out of them. To have them keep playing hard like they did against Dortmund and eventually mount a comeback.

Remember this back and forth we were having about who deserved credit for Liverpool's success and who deserved credit for Dortmund's success and I said Klopp deserved more for both?

And the reasons I said Klopp deserved more credit for both is that Klopp built the current Dortmund squad and had them in a Champions League Final 4 years ago and has also won the league.  He had a stinker last year... that was it.

Rodgers got the can for not progressing in any cup competitions save for a semi's loss to Villa in the FA Cup last year and didn't make it won round in Europa last year.

I even talked about how you couldn't judge Tuchel on one year.  You just looked at everything in a vacuum.

But go back and read that conversation.  It might surprise you how much of what I said about Tuchel and building "his team" is coming to fruition early in this transfer window... even though you didn't respond to any of it in these quotes.

Real has so much buying power that it's hard for them to be turned down when they really focus on signing someone. If Real want Lewa, Real will get Lewa.

Real could basically buy everyone honestly. The banks will back it like they did for Ronaldo and bale. I'd only be there if I was playing real time. I'm not sitting there collecting a paycheck on the bench. I'd want to play for the club and my country.

Real has so much buying power that it's hard for them to be turned down when they really focus on signing someone.  If Real want Lewa, Real will get Lewa. 

Maybe for most teams, but there are some teams that don't sell unless they want to sell.  Bayern are one of them.

Spanish tabloids need something to print.  This stuff will go on an on until September (remember all those Mueller to _______ - pick a side) rumors?

What you quoted.

Okay? So you are agreeing that I didnt say what I bolded in your quote earlier? I dont see how that relates to what you seemed to indicate I said about players leaving BVB.

I still stand behind what I said, that the position on Klopp credit at Dortmund vs Tuchel is hypocritical. Because based on that logic, Tuchel can be argued is a better manager since he took the players that Klopp had and put out a campaign that resulted in more points than every season under Klopp except for the first league winning year.

And just to make sure its understood, until he proves otherwise, I would take Klopp over Tuchel. I think Klopp is a great manager. Im just using that as an example to point out what seems to me to be a hypocritical argument. Klopp gets credit for his players on other other teams performing well because he built that team. But doesnt get blame for those players playing poorly. And gets all credit for Liverpool even though someone else built that team. Doesnt get blame for his team playing rather poorly at Dortmund that last year, but gets credit for another manager taking that team to their second best point total.

I have no problem with Klopp getting the credit for Liverpool because Rogers was not a good manager. And I have no problem with Klopp getting credit for bringing in players that Dortmund has. My entire argument and point to comparing all of this is that Tuchel should get most of the credit for this past year as he took the team that finished with 46 points and got them to 78, even if by most you think 51% Tuchel 49% Klopp.

Okay? So you are agreeing that I didnt say what I bolded in your quote earlier? I dont see how that relates to what you seemed to indicate I said about players leaving BVB.

Mr. P, you need to read the entire conversation.  It doesn't matter if you said it or not... it's what I was telling you and it's what you ignored about what I was telling you.  What I kept hitting you in the face with... post after post.  What you kept missing.

Its an exodus! :P

There's going to be quite a few sales.  I'd say at least 10 more counting the juniors.  I didn't have him down as one, but everybody has a price.

Mr. P, you need to read the entire conversation.  It doesn't matter if you said it or not... it's what I was telling you and it's what you ignored about what I was telling you.  What I kept hitting you in the face with... post after post.  What you kept missing.

There's going to be quite a few sales.  I'd say at least 10 more counting the juniors.  I didn't have him down as one, but everybody has a price.

I honestly dont get what that has to do with players leaving BVB or not? I am willing to concede I am missing something, I have looked through that conversation and I THINK I remember it will enough. Can you spell it out for me?

I honestly dont understand what you are getting at.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

I honestly dont get what that has to do with players leaving BVB or not? I am willing to concede I am missing something, I have looked through that conversation and I THINK I remember it will enough. Can you spell it out for me?

I honestly dont understand what you are getting at.

Long story short (and this is why Klopp gets more credit for Tuchel winning with the team that Klopp built) - we don't know how good Tuchel is.  I said we'd have to wait until after he's had a couple of windows to know how good he is.  I also said that we don't know if the players would want to stay and play for him after a loss like that and Bayern monopolizing the league.

Hummels rumor came about a week after the quarterfinals.  Now some of the rest are getting mentioned, as well.  I still don't think Reus leaves since that's his hometown club.  But we'll get a chance to see how good a manager Tuchel is now that he'll have to build his own team.

I believe at the time I compared it to Barry Switzer winning a Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys (though not quite to that extent).  It doesn't mean that Switzer is up there at all... he lucked into a ring.

• Like 1

This breaks my heart... we better be getting over 60 mil

Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 4m4 minutes ago

PSG have contacted Phillipe Coutinho's representatives over trying to sign him this summer. (Paul Joyce) #lfc

This is sacrilege and goes against the majority, but I'd flip Phil for Gotze and be VERY pleased with my happy ass in so doing. 

He's just not at the level his undoubted ability should have him at for me. He should be dominating games consistently instead of disappearing from too many. The biggest game of last season, the last one in Basle being the most recent glaring example. 

Hail. 

*Edit* That said, I'd be more than happy for the little genius to stay. If anyone can turn him into the consistent World Class player we know his talents deserve him to be, it's the crazy German. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I believe at the time I compared it to Barry Switzer winning a Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys (though not quite to that extent).  It doesn't mean that Switzer is up there at all... he lucked into a ring.

Analogy of the year closed already and title awarded. 

EVERYTHING BvB currently is, that has them SO envied, from the fan support on down; is down to one man. 

And that man just happens to be even more worshipped in Dortmund than he is in his current home if that were at all possible. 

Hail. 

This is sacrilege and goes against the majority, but I'd flip Phil for Gotze and be VERY pleased with my happy ass in so doing. 

He's just not at the level his undoubted ability should have him at for me. He should be dominating games consistently instead of disappearing from too many. The biggest game of last season, the last one in Basle being the most recent glaring example. 

Hail. 

*Edit* That said, I'd be more than happy for the little genius to stay. If anyone can turn him into the consistent World Class player we know his talents deserve him to be, it's the crazy German. 

Like I said, everyone has a price.  But it better be north of 60 million Euro.

Hail. 

Coutinho doesn't have a EU passport, meaning if the evil empire wants to sign him they'll have to get rid of Lucas.