Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Dunno, but if you've got a spare 5 hours I can tell you all about this Hactor fella' .....

Hail. 

Do you have any insights on that Gomez fella? Like why is an Englishman's sir name Gomez.....

Back then, they thought Pool might be able to offer European soccer.  Now, not so much.

Bild first reported the Hummels move and Bastian to United.

and I'm sure he likes winning trophies and competing at the highest levels, not finishing mid-table, out of Europe, and in 3rd ranked league. That is for $500, Alex.  

Wages also play a big part of it...

How Man City built a league winner for $600

• Like 1

and in 3rd ranked league. 

Let the record reflect that proper football was being discussed for almost an entire day before this!

But I can't let you talk about the bundesliga like that... I won't stand for it.

1) Spain had Real, Atletico, Sevilla

2) England had Liverpool and City

3) Germany had Buy-everyoneWhoCanHurtUsEvenIfWeCantMakeTheEuropeanFinals Munich

That's harsh... even for you, bt

You got a spare 10 hours? I have powerpoint presentations ready to go and **** if you do ...,,

Hail.

Wages also play a big part of it...

How Man City built a league winner for $600

Do you have any insights on that Gomez fella? Like why is an Englishman's sir name Gomez.....

I'm telling both of you... if the move is to keep Gomez at the club and not send him out on loan this next season... then bring in Chilwell (a young, but unproven fullback) then a move like Vermaelean absolutely makes sense.

You have a solid vet who can play leftback and CB while you bring back Gomez slowly off the injury and get Chilwell up to speed.

Are we talking about the City that burned it's prime not getting out of the group stage? Sorry Wolfsburg and Bayern were playing up in the big leagues guys. Honestly Wolfsburg should have gone through. Hell Dortmund has made nice runs too. Maybe Wolfsburg should have loss in the group stage for a guaranteed trophy in Europa?

seriously, let's stop the dick measuring.

would i love 'pool to have won the league 5 straight years with CL success? of course. do the alpha dogs in leagues where 5 year runs happen have an advantage due to general league depth? of course. Do bundesliga stars have a penchant for transferring to Bayern? of course. has liverpool underperformed and disappointed. of course. do top players want to play for CL sides? of course. do players want to play for big clubs? of course.

cheer in this thread. come in to talk transfers. come in for a little pre-match trash talking. but let's leave the bull**** at the door. to me, everyone's welcome that follows those rules generally (we've all broken them at one point). that said, don't be surprised if you take some crap when you're not around to talk footie unless your team wins or if your imagined ES footie rival loses.

the chirping has become too much... and that goes for red, blue, blanco and rot. (i'd throw in some french, but i'm not sure who frfan supports and he never talks ****)

Edited by dchogs
  • Like 3

What?

FrFan can't keep his mouth (or fingertips) shut about St Etienne.

Banter is part of the fun.

Though this thread has become a bit too much, I'd agree.

I've tried the last several days to stick to proper news. 

I'd bet money if we started an actual "Liverpool" thread and took a roll call, the same roster would be in attendance. 

• Like 2

What?

FrFan can't keep his mouth (or fingertips) shut about St Etienne.

Ahahah, well played my friend, but I blame GHH for that :P  ;). To be honest with you I don't follow them that much, I was a die hard fan but not any more. Fans are still the best in the country IMO. They share a lot of similarities with the LFC and BVB fans.

The evil empire is switching to 2nd gear concerning N'Golo Kanté

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

Are we talking about the City that burned it's prime not getting out of the group stage? Sorry Wolfsburg and Bayern were playing up in the big leagues guys. Honestly Wolfsburg should have gone through. Hell Dortmund has made nice runs too. Maybe Wolfsburg should have loss in the group stage for a guaranteed trophy in Europa?

I'm not sure if you are referring to my post as your post mentions City but is almost completely unrelated. My post addressed how teams that are not participating in the European tournaments can recruit players. My response was that paying high wages is a way to get class players on your team. I referenced City because they are in the same '3rd class' league as Liverpool.

Barton is an odd signing.  Why play against the likes of Kilmarnock and Motherwell than Man U etc.  He is a year and a bit off 35.  Just seems a 'journey man' player type of decision for a guy that could have signed off against the top teams.

I imagine he will be wound up by one or two of our stalwart Scottish premiership defenders.

If Sevco's defenders don't improve he will finish back in the Championship division (Scottish not English).

I'm not sure if you are referring to my post as your post mentions City but is almost completely unrelated. My post addressed how teams that are not participating in the European tournaments can recruit players. My response was that paying high wages is a way to get class players on your team. I referenced City because they are in the same '3rd class' league as Liverpool.

I was talking to DC 9 comparing England clubs to other leagues in European competitions.

Barton prob just want to stroke his massive ego.

He'll comfortably be one of the best players in the Scottish Prem whereas he's proven he can't cut it in the top tier in England anymore. He was brilliant for Burnley last year so going to Scotland which (imo) is League 1 level at best should have him standing out. 

Barton v Scott Brown should make good viewing next year though all the same. 

Yacine Brahimi?

Thoughts?

Stay away from this dude, he ain't worth the transfer fee they're asking. They screwed up on this transfer and now want to make you think this dude is a gem. He's plagued with inconsistency. Porto paid €6.5 mil to sign him !

With Varane, Sakho, and Zouma out, are you still flying high in your chopper about France ? :P

Edited by FrFan

Top Of The Kop@TOTK96 36m36 minutes ago

Daniel Sturridge injured training for England.. You literally new this was coming.. #LFCpic.twitter.com/WMmzpGBco7

CjUjgRqXEAAK14o.jpg

11:09 AM - 25 May 2016 · Details
9 retweets 23 likes

Thought- Stop reading every runour or you'll be insane before pre-season starts.

Hail.

You try going from two teams in the playoffs (LFC and Caps) and an NFL draft to nothing.... NOTHING

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1