Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Gunners set to sign Ricardo Rodrigues. LB. Our highest priority. smfh. 

I hear yer but he is an excellent player TBF. Although what that would mean for Gibbs is anyone's guess. 

Rodrigues and Xahka (Sp?) would be an outstanding start to the summer with all the talk here of Morata being HIGH on the list. 

At least the Crypt Keeper is actually spending some money for once. A talent like Xahka in midfield has been BADLY needed for long enough at the Emirates. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Talksport has an article about the past 5 years net spending by Premier League teams.

Spurs were 'last', being the only side to have a positive (Net) spending.

Arsenal #5, Chelsea #4, Liverpool #3, City #2, and United #1.

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-news-premier-league-clubs-ranked-net-spend-last-five-years-160531197906?p=17

Gonna' sit down and go through it in a bot but they seem a ways off with L'pool's. Sure I seen similar not too long back we're running under a £150 mil. net the last 5 years. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Gonna' sit down and go through it in a bot but they seem a ways off with L'pool's. Sure I seen similar not too long back we're running under a £150 mil. net the last 5 years. 

Hail. 

Yeah we netted 18 mil last year and the year before that we didn't even spend all the Suarez money.

So unless we paid a ridiculously unreported amount for Coutinho, Sturridge, and Mignolet then FFS I'm not sure what they're talking about.

I think the last time we went busto was for Andy Carroll and that seems like longer than 5 years ago but it's not.

Hail. 

Curious to see if you find differently.  I've wondered if they just grab numbers willy nilly or if they do real research.

I hear yer but he is an excellent player TBF. Although what that would mean for Gibbs is anyone's guess. 

Rodrigues and Xahka (Sp?) would be an outstanding start to the summer with all the talk here of Morata being HIGH on the list. 

At least the Crypt Keeper is actually spending some money for once. A talent like Xahka in midfield has been BADLY needed for long enough at the Emirates. 

Hail. 

Xahka scares me because that's exactly what Arsenal needed.  A STRONG presence in the midfield who has a killer mentality.  I said if they got Vidal last year they win the league, they ended up not getting him.  Xahka isn't on Vidal's level in terms of experience but he's going to be there eventually. 

You know my thoughts on Morrata, he can be a young Giroud, which is saying a lot and not saying much at the same time.  Moments of wow but more often moments that make you scratch your head.

Curious to see if you find differently.  I've wondered if they just grab numbers willy nilly or if they do real research.

We didn't spend all the Sterling money last year and we didn't spend all of the Suarez money the year prior.  So I call bull **** right away.

Kenny also wasnt getting a ton of money because at the time the Texan was transitioning the sale to FSG.

Now AGENT fees I believe.  The last two years we've paid a lot of agent fees, but that's on the player :lol:

• Like 1

It didn't took long to hear from the little pos. A couple of weeks ago he said he was totally supporting France, now he's accusing Deschamps of “yielding to the pressure of a racist party in France" because he didn't select him !!! WTF ? I don't like Deschamps because I think he's an average coach just like Blanc, but the guy is no racist at all. On the contrary he always said that he wants to select the best players and KB was among them.

The dude and his buddy Ribery had sex with a 17 years old, he is indicted in the Valbuena sextape, he is also indicted in a drug trafficking case (through his best friend), he once said Algeria is his country, France is for the sport side.

He doesn't know the lyrics of our national anthem and was caught spitting when it was played. The pos has the guts to criticize a coach that has always been supportive of him during his soooo long period of incredible mediocrity with France (1222 minutes without a goal, that's a record).

No wonder why most of the people don't like him, and now he's playing the racist card, c'mon !

The guy has the IQ of an oyster and doesn't have the balls nor the education to face his responsabilities.

Driveling about Deschamps I call it stabbing someone on the back and spitting on the hand that fed you. That's how much of a prick he is sayingthis BS 10 days from the start of the Euro. Reminds me of another pos from the evil empire who's actually in custody.

A leopard cannot change its spots. I hope he'll never ever play again for France. Disgraziato !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

It didn't took long to hear from the little pos. A couple of weeks ago he said he was totally supporting France, now he's accusing Deschamps of “yielding to the pressure of a racist party in France" because he didn't select him !!! WTF ? I don't like Deschamps because I think he's an average coach just like Blanc, but the guy is no racist at all. On the contrary he always said that he wants to select the best players and KB was among them.

The dude and his buddy Ribery had sex with a 17 years old, he is indicted in the Valbuena sextape, he is also indicted in a drug trafficking case (through his best friend), he once said Algeria is his country, France is for the sport side.

He doesn't know the lyrics of our national anthem and was caught spitting when it was played. The pos has the guts to criticize a coach that has always been supportive of him during his soooo long period of incredible mediocrity with France (1222 minutes without a goal, that's a record).

No wonder why most of the people don't like him, and now he's playing the racist card, c'mon !

The guy has the IQ of an oyster and doesn't have the balls nor the education to face his responsabilities.

Driveling about Deschamps I call it stabbing someone on the back and spitting on the hand that fed you. That's how much of a prick he is sayingthis BS 10 days from the start of the Euro. Reminds me of another pos from the evil empire who's actually in custody.

A leopard cannot change its spots. I hope he'll never ever play again for France. Disgraziato !

i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds fascinating.  Care to inform the uninformed?

It didn't took long to hear from the little pos. A couple of weeks ago he said he was totally supporting France, now he's accusing Deschamps of “yielding to the pressure of a racist party in France" because he didn't select him !!! WTF ? I don't like Deschamps because I think he's an average coach just like Blanc, but the guy is no racist at all.....

It\s not just him. Cantona's 'suggested' Deschamps has left Benzema and Ben Arfa for the very same reasons. 

But then he's had the thing with Deschamps since the 'water carrier' insult so it's not hard to see that dicks agenda. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

It\s not just him. Cantona's 'suggested' Deschamps has left Benzema and Ben area for the very same reasons. 

But then he's had the thing with Deschamps since the 'water carrier' insult so it's not hard to see that dicks agenda. 

Hail. 

Don't bring Ben Afra into this...

I know what you're doing.  Worry about your back 4 please and leave my midfielders alone.

• Like 1

Don't bring Ben Afra into this...

I know what you're doing.  Worry about your back 4 please and leave my midfielders alone.

Given your gargantuan misses with 'Ben's', someone needs to reel yer back in!

Talking of, about that bet .....

Hail. 

Ultimate League reveals Liverpool are England's top team, followed by Man Utd and Arsenal | Football News | Sky Sports

People always get fixated on the 26 year wait for #19, but that's phenomenal consistency over half a century. 

Taking it further, as disappointing as finishing 8th was (although explained in large part by having to play the under 5's every other game the last 6 weeks of the year); since we came back up to English football's top flight in 1962, Liverpool have never finished below 8th. And only finished outside the top 5 in 10 of those 54 seasons. (6th x 4/ 7th x 3/ 8th x 3.). 

Ridiculous consistency aside from all the silverware. 

Makes a mockery of all the 'yers just a mid-table club' jibes. 

Hail. 

Their figures for Liverpool's transactions over the last 5 seasons are well off. So from that alone it puts the whole article into doubt. 

The piece claims our net spend over the last 5 years is £161.37 million. 

Over that duration, excluding free transfers/ undisclosed deals (of which without being privy to actual club accounts there's nottin' out there for anyone outside of guess work)/ and loan deals; our paid transfers are thus:

In: 31 players for a total £ 354,530,000.

Out: 27 players for a total £ 215,320,000. 

I was never the best at maths, but I make that a net spend of £ 139,210,000 over the duration. Some £ 22,160,000 difference. (I didn't include the £ 5.1 million signing from January for Marco Grujic being as they said they weren't including 2016 summer transfers. Of which he effectively is.). 

I can list all the transactions if you like. But I'd rather not as there's a lot of ridiculous wastes of money in there that doesn't reflect kindly on us haha and says a lot of where we've gone wrong prior to Klopp's arrival. 

But when our average net spend per season over the last 5 years has been £ 27.842 mill. a year, it goes a long way to explaining how LFC fall short when other clubs are spending FAR more than that across the Continent. Let alone in England. And that's before you take into account that we don't pay top dollar in wages in comparison. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

See Real are sniffing around Alaba and Lewi.  Could get interesting.  They literally print their own money over there.

Two more sleeps until we get into the Copa America.  That'll take us into Euros, which will take us into LFC preseason, which gets us to training camp and then football and football.

Almost there gents.  Worst two weeks of the year, but thankfully we have a couple of tourneys this summer to get us through.

• Like 2

Almost there gents. Worst two weeks of the year, but thankfully we have a couple of tourneys this summer to get us through.

This is where u need to take up following tennis in the years without football(soccer) the French open and Wimbledon fill the void. I do like the off season as transfers rumours are the laziest thing ever. Case in point every player in Germany being linked with pool and every non juve player in Italy being linked with chelski Edited by Wellred93

This is where u need to take up following tennis in the years without football(soccer) the French open and Wimbledon fill the void. I do like the off season as transfers rumours are the laziest thing ever. Case in point every player in Germany being linked with pool and every non juve player in Italy being linked with chelski

I can't do tennis.  I did it for PE in high school and my wife's best friend has a gofundme for her kid to play tennis that we contribute to... that's about the extent of my tennis interest.  I'm trying my best at baseball, which I hate.  And I can't even watch MLS here in the states because you have to buy a package for it... and I'm just not willing to pay 100 something bucks for **** football.  Blows my mind that the league wants to grow but they might be the most inaccessible league in the world now.  Heck, I can watch a NASL match before I see a televised MLS game.

And I know all about the transfer rumors.  I'm just a little more stoked this summer than usual.  But if I think I know Klopp, whomever we sign I've probably never heard of him. :lol:

Well, Owen Coyle is the new Blackburn manager. I guess I'll just go into a corner and cry now.

Burnley, Bolton and now Blackburn.

Is he trying to make it that he won't be able to go back to any of thise Lancashire towns?

Alright Marty... let's have it!

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 15m15 minutes ago

DEAL DONE: Former Swansea City boss Garry Monk is the new manager of Leeds United ..,,

We running a book on how many weeks he lasts?

Hail.

• Like 1

****ing gundogan to man city.  Exceptional player...makes their midfield lightyears better.  Fabregas/Ozil type who can pick a pass and spray the field.  Not happy about it one bit.

And the Dortmund exodus begins (forgot hummels left already)...next up: Auba and Reus.

And for 21m!!!!!!  Steal.... 

Edited by SkinssRvA