Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

And yes, it would have to be another world class player to effect the game like a Gotze.

But 3 straight years of selling Suarez, Sterling, and the Coutinho would just about ruin me.  Throw in Gerrard retiring.

Coutinho doesn't have a EU passport, meaning if the evil empire wants to sign him they'll have to get rid of Lucas.

40 mil plus Lucas...

I'd take Moura and 40 Mil

I'll e-mail Aire-head, then.

:lol:  :P

A few months back I was having trouble splitting you, Germany and Spain. 

Now I have trouble seeing Les Bleus getting beyond the quarters at best. 

Hail. 

Open up the bet book, then.

Long story short (and this is why Klopp gets more credit for Tuchel winning with the team that Klopp built) - we don't know how good Tuchel is.  I said we'd have to wait until after he's had a couple of windows to know how good he is.  I also said that we don't know if the players would want to stay and play for him after a loss like that and Bayern monopolizing the league.

Hummels rumor came about a week after the quarterfinals.  Now some of the rest are getting mentioned, as well.  I still don't think Reus leaves since that's his hometown club.  But we'll get a chance to see how good a manager Tuchel is now that he'll have to build his own team.

I believe at the time I compared it to Barry Switzer winning a Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys (though not quite to that extent).  It doesn't mean that Switzer is up there at all... he lucked into a ring.

Thats fair enough even though I may not completely agree, I wont argue seeing how he does from here on out.

But while its fine to say, lets see how he does with his own guys, I also don't think that invalidates that job he did as a manager improving Dortmund's point total that much. As a manager he took Dortmund to a higher total than all of Klopps years save one. Thats why I think he deserves most of the credit as the manager, not in regards to bringing in talent.

Again, not to say that Klopp isn't someone I would prefer as a manager, just using that to show how good of a job he did.

But again, I think its fair to see how he is running the whole team over the next year or two when he brings in his transfers. So if he does do well next year, does that mean that he should get more credit then he was getting for Dortmund's success this past year?

And I hear you on the Berry Switzer comparison, except Tuchel did have some good years with Mainz even with a lack of resources when compares to Dortmund. He also had some poor years. So i don't think that fits as an analogy.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

A few months back I was having trouble splitting you, Germany and Spain.

Now I have trouble seeing Les Bleus getting beyond the quarters at best.

Hail.

France are my favourites to win the euros. Home-field advantage and with Germany on a poor run of form, they are the most complete team. Belgium are my dark horse, of sorts, a lot of talent in that squad they just need to put it all together. Edited by Wellred93
  • Like 1

France are my favourites to win the euros. Home-field advantage and with Germany on a poor run of form, they are the most complete team. Belgium are my dark horse, of sorts, a lot of talent in that squad they just need to put it all together.

Tell him.

YEARS of headphones and Milli Vanilli have done his hearing in.

France and England are my dark horse. England because they got 'em some goal scorers this time around. 

And the 5th best player in Europe according to UEFA in James Milner. 

Thomas Muller 13-1 to be top scorer with most bookies here which I find staggering. 

Hail. 

Safe bet.  He's been the guy for a while now. 

..... Belgium are my dark horse, of sorts, a lot of talent in that squad they just need to put it all together.

This Belgium 'Golden Generation' be like the English one ultimately. Nowhere near winning anything. A collection of talented individuals but not a team with ego's that make the Dutch of the past look positively angelic. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

This Belgium 'Golden Generation' be like the English one ultimately. Nowhere near winning anything. A collection of talented individuals but not a team with ego's that make the Dutch of the past look positively angelic.

Hail.

Maybe but they do have time on their side and had a good World Cup. Also don't think any national team can be more dysfunctional than the Dutch!

Should be a good euros though lot of teams that have a solid team and then one good attacking threat that they are built around.

Chosen hungry and Slovakia as my teams to support apart ABE of course ;)

Edited by Wellred93
  • Like 1

This is going to be an awesome few weeks. Copa American and Euros at the same time? Yes please. Im not getting any work done.

Copa America starts a week earlier. But it's perfect.

I'll take Argentina for the Copa America but I have... ahem... Mexico as my dark horse.

Copa America starts a week earlier. But it's perfect.

I'll take Argentina for the Copa America but I have... ahem... Mexico as my dark horse.

How DARE you.

I havent seen a lot of Mexico, but what I have seen I havent been impressed. And by that I mean screw Mexico. To be fair, I cant imagine ever giving Mexico props no matter what. :D

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA We win all of the soccers.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Hazard most likely.  If the answer is Oscar I will pull my hair out.  

It was Hazard.

How DARE you.

I havent seen a lot of Mexico, but what I have seen I havent been impressed. And by that I mean screw Mexico. To be fair, I cant imagine ever giving Mexico props no matter what. :D

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA We win all of the soccers.

I just want to be right :lol:

Though we have a puncher's chance of getting out of groups with the draw.  We'll know a lot after tomorrow night.

Unlike most in the "US Soccer Thread," I think we have a better chance at goals with Dempsey and Zardes up front more so than any other pairing.  Zardes needs reps and also needs the team to play him through the channels and we'll score goals.  He's not a center forward but he's miles better than Altidore.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Unlike most in the "US Soccer Thread," I think we have a better chance at goals with Dempsey and Zardes up front more so than any other pairing.  Zardes needs reps and also needs the team to play him through the channels and we'll score goals.  He's not a center forward but he's miles better than Altidore.

I was once a defender of Altidore, and he has played well for the national team. But over the last couple of years he has sucked so bad. He cant even score in the MLS. I was very happy that Altidore was not able to be on the roster. I pray that Nagbe and Pulisic both get a good amount of time, both halfs that they have come on we have looked much better.

• Like 1

Maybe but they do have time on their side and had a good World Cup. Also don't think any national team can be more dysfunctional than the Dutch!

Should be a good euros though lot of teams that have a solid team and then one good attacking threat that they are built around.

Chosen hungry and Slovakia as my teams to support apart ABE of course ;)

Just in case anyone was in any doubt that this dude is a TRUE Scot! 

Tell him.

YEARS of headphones and Milli Vanilli have done his hearing in.

There's a line here about more fake whoppers from Munich but I couldn't possibly comment. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

France are my favourites to win the euros. Home-field advantage and with Germany on a poor run of form, they are the most complete team. Belgium are my dark horse, of sorts, a lot of talent in that squad they just need to put it all together.

How come most complete ? France is already missing Varane, Mathieu, Zouma, Sakho, Debuchy, Diarra.

That's a total of 4 central backs and one right back, how do you win a competition whithout a D ? How about chemistry ? Moreover even with all of our starters we still got an average scary defense at best.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

How come most complete ? France is already missing Varane, Mathieu, Zouma, Sakho, Debuchy, Diarra.

That's a total of 4 central backs and one right back, how do you win a competition whithout a D ? How about chemistry ? Moreover even with all of our starters we still got an average scary defense at best.

This isn't that balmy summer of 1984 sadly is it my friend?

Hail. 

Just in case anyone was in any doubt that this dude is a TRUE scot!

Hail.

Without wanting to turn this into an episode of who do you think you are I'm actually half English! Just an attempt at light humour!

As for France even missing those players can still have a back 4 of sagna dignity rami and koscielny. Which is a solid international back 4. And kante can replace diarra in midfield. France are my favourites though only because Germany are looking out of sorts.

Edited by Wellred93