Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Resigning myself to this Vardy signing. I'm thinking maybe it's because we just lost Welbeck for six-months, plus it took theo a good 9-12 months to really get back after his injury. Most likely a signing to stand still, as opposed to moving ahead. 

Resigning myself to this Vardy signing. I'm thinking maybe it's because we just lost Welbeck for six-months, plus it took theo a good 9-12 months to really get back after his injury. Most likely a signing to stand still, as opposed to moving ahead.

Reading its a lot closer to £30 million than 20.

If thats accurate it makes it even moee bizzare.

Hail.

Not sure what I'm more excited for today... my son's birthday party or Arsenal Fan TV's react on the Vardy signing

I mean, it's enough to put Arsenal up to another level.  They don't have anyone who can finish like him.  Even if he loses a step, the service that he could get from Sanchez and Ozil and Xhaka, then it's worth it all.  Even if there is a dip in form.  Might help you in Europe, too.

You just have to get those guys used to playing the long ball instead of pretty football that Wenger likes to do.

• Like 1

it's driving me crazy how there aren't more afternoon matches for the group stages.

Very poorly done. Very poorly done by the Copa America organizers.

Literally impossible to watch through the week in Europe unless you want to spend the following day like a walking zombie.

And its not even on any TV channel here. Had to watch this AM on line.

Conpletey anonymous in reality compared to the Euro's in Europe.

Hail.

Literally impossible to watch through the week in Europe unless you want to spend the following day like a walking zombie.

And its not even on any TV channel here. Had to watch this AM on line.

Conpletey anonymous in reality compared to the Euro's in Europe.

Hail.

So far it's almost like they're catering to the west coast.  Most of South America is in the EST... makes no ****ing sense what they're doing.

I fell asleep watching my favorite player last night.  Fell. Asleep. And it was a SATURDAY NIGHT! 

Ridiculous.  At a minimum these group stages, on weekends, should be noon to 4pm kicks.  I think there is one 4pm kick.  I get Mexico playing prime time because if you don't get a ticket you're watching.. but this is just ridiculous.

It's not how you grow the game... I'd be willing to bet the dude who planned the MLS season out was in charge of this.  Both are catastrophic failures.

• Like 1

Part of an excellent piece from Ian Bland in the 'United We Stand' fanzine. 

Needs heeding from from the cretins on both sides who continue to stoop to such low life levels if relations are to ever improve. Somethings as decent human beings just shouldn't need saying:

CkMT1LQWEAUePr4.jpg

Hail. 

• Like 1

All the talk is Koeman will be sorted to Everton tomorrow for £5 million compensation. 

Wenger aside, and Pep being an unknown quantity in England accepted; you could make a VERY strong case for the top 4 managers in England all within a 35 mile radius of each other. 

Can't remember the last time that ever happened. Not at all 4 clubs. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

it's driving me crazy how there aren't more afternoon matches for the group stages.

Very poorly done.  Very poorly done by the Copa America organizers.

"Too hot" by that I mean that in 94 organizers felt the quality of play dropped because of the heat. 

"Too hot" by that I mean that in 94 organizers felt the quality of play dropped because of the heat. 

I mean... these are South American teams.  I'm sure the heat is not an issue for them :lol:

Who's up for one more go at the kid?

Futbol Agent @Futbol_Agent_ 26m26 minutes ago

Exclusive: Hearing the fee for Gotze is not the problem for Liverpool. Bayern don't want him. Its Liverpool or Atletico, down to the player.

Futbol Agent @Futbol_Agent_ 25m25 minutes ago

Exclusive: We understand however that Götze has Liverpool as his preferred destination. [Part 2]

All the talk is Koeman will be sorted to Everton tomorrow for £5 million compensation. 

Wenger aside, and Pep being an unknown quantity in England accepted; you could make a VERY strong case for the top 4 managers in England all within a 35 mile radius of each other. 

Can't remember the last time that ever happened. Not at all 4 clubs. 

Hail. 

I would be pretty happy with Koeman and a 100 million budget. Especially if it's 100 plus Lukaku sale price.

And the secondary effect of the Koeman move would apparently relegate Southampton (two years after everyone thought it would happen)

AVB!

Futbol Agent @Futbol_Agent_ Jun 4

Exclusive: We understand Southampton are currently in talks with both Franck de Boer and Andre Villas Boas. #Saints

I mean... these are South American teams.  I'm sure the heat is not an issue for them :lol:

Who's up for one more go at the kid?

Futbol Agent ‏@Futbol_Agent_ 26m26 minutes ago

Exclusive: Hearing the fee for Gotze is not the problem for Liverpool. Bayern don't want him. Its Liverpool or Atletico, down to the player.

Futbol Agent ‏@Futbol_Agent_ 25m25 minutes ago

Exclusive: We understand however that Götze has Liverpool as his preferred destination. [Part 2]

IIRC the WC94 had teams from Africa, South America.

I can't choose which team to root for during Copa America ?

Chile or Colombia ?

Edit: Didn't know Salma Hayek was from Colombia ! :P

The correct answer is yes.

IIRC the WC94 had teams from Africa, South America.

Yeah they did.  I was just a kid during that but I remember most of the matches being in the afternoon for that one, too.

In other words, weather didn't matter.

• Like 1

Goldman Sachs predictions for the Euro:

1) France 23%

2) Germany 20%

3) Spain 14%

4) England 10%

For the record before last WC they said Brazil had 48% chances to win it, we all know what happened.

• Like 1

I honestly think it's France's to lose; their front six is sick.

Unfortunately our back 4 is putrid, and defenses win championships.

Winners' average goals conceded per game

Germany 1996:  0.5

France 1998: 0.28

France 2000: 1.17

Brazil 2002: 0.57

Greece 2004: 0.67

Italy 2006: 0.28

Spain 2008: 0.5

Spain 2010: 0.28

Spain 2012: 0.17

Germany 2014: 0.57

Edited by FrFan

Colombia. We had hot Colombian women next to us at the bar Friday. Honesty you can't go wrong with South American. If she's a big soccer fan that's a damn bonus.

According to DC9 they perform well regardless of the temperature outside. Because they're anhotnweather people.