Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

We had a target just score a worldie for Portugal, too.

Excited for these next couple of weeks.  It's perfect.  Needed something to get me through June and now we're just about there.

Long preseason this year and straight into Redskins camp.  Hopefully some good signings to keep us talking.

Raphael Guerrero.  Never heard of him.  https://twitter.com/UEFAEuros_2016/status/737228078049546240

Every local journo worth a damn is saying Guerrero has never been a target and the LB's we're after are Hector and the Leicester kid  for what that's worth. 

Looking at him he just looks like another Moreno anyways which is the last thing we need more of. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Higuain doesn't look like a guy who like to run a lot, doesn't seem to fit.

Oh not even a little bit of a fit.

And Rodgers could've had him a couple of years ago for half the money they want now for him.

I was just pointing it out that there are numerous players linking themselves to Liverpool.

Heck, poor Zeilinski took a pic of himself and announced his move on Serbian TV before the deal was done.  Now we're allegedly trying to swoop the Dahoud kid from Arsenal/City. 

Not sure that Dahoud gets sold in the same season as Xahka... that's a lot to replace in the pivot.  And as I said earlier, he doesn't look like anything special to me.

• Like 1

.....  Now we're allegedly trying to swoop the Dahoud kid from Arsenal/City. 

Not sure that Dahoud gets sold in the same season as Xahka... that's a lot to replace in the pivot.  And as I said earlier, he doesn't look like anything special to me.

This isn't directed at Dahoud, as I know little to nottin' about him, but on the 'doesn't look anything special' line .....

I'm pretty sure Klopp won't buy for the sake of buying. Or buy any 'fillers/ bridge players/ call them what you will.' If he was that way inclined, he'd of done that in January when a centre half was desperately needed. Instead, he waited and took Caulker on loan. He'll either buy a player that fits what he requires for the long term, be they a first teamer or squad/ depth player, or he'll make do and trust his coaching abilities to coach up/ get the maximum out of what he currently has. But whomever we buy, may be the very last player anyone thinks of/ has heard of. He may be pricey. He may be cheap. BUT he'll tick all the boxes that Jurgen expects of a particular position/ player. 

So we may not think whomever stands out, or is special, and the media might be questioning it; but you can darn well rest assured he fits for Klopp or else there's NO way he'd be purchased. 

Why I'm not letting any rumours effect me. I'll just be happy when a signings made safe in the knowledge it's one he wants and trusts. Even if he'd of been the last player I'd of looked at/ thought of. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

it's impossible for me NOT to keep one eye on the rumors.  Though we're linked with just about everyone every single window, it's different this time because of Klopp.  So yeah, I'll thank you to not burst my bubble you ole' grumpus :P

To be fair to the process and your comment, I'd not heard much of Grujic before he was signed.  And very little of Matip.  Karius just cause I saw him on  a list of keepers that we were looking at.

• Like 1

Matip is honestly the only one I'd heard of. Let alone knew anything of. 

Karius is a great example. All the media talk was of Horn/ ter Stegan et all. And then he goes and bags a player from his club Mainz who he's presumably seen countless times being a self confessed Mainz 05 fan. Wasn't until a few days before he signed that people began to get wind of him. But he fits all Klopp requires and he cost next to nothing. Had it been ter Stegan for £20 million everyone would of been 'Get in. We've signed a top class 'keeper and paid top whack money' ..... Instead it's muted to 'Huh? Who? Only £ 4.7 million?' and people frantically scrambling to find something out about him. 

Hail. 

Can I also add whilst it's on my mind, before Gotze does or doesn't arrive or any other comings and goings, here at any other big club; for just about the first time since Evans ..... neigh, probably even further back to Kenny's first go-around or the first season of Suness '91, I'm going into a pre-season GENUINELY confident of a SERIOUS L'pool title challenge. 

So put me on record, right here, right now, as saying 2016-17 is when the title drought ends and #19 finally comes home!

Hail. 

• Like 1

For once the power of social media works in a positive way:

Paul Grange: Liverpool fans get brilliant revenge on creep who wore vile Hillsborough shirt

Low life ****bag deserves all the aggro and disruption his life gets.

Hail. 

**** with us, you bring down the thunder!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GiftsForGrange?src=hash

Hail. 

• Like 1

Yeah looking forward to that as he has been scoring goals for fun in the championship. If he gets the service would expect him to get 12-15 goals. Hopefully force his way into the national set up.

Edit: how was Tony watt for rovers last season?

Sorry for the slow reply, I generally don't get on during the weekend.  

For some reason the Scot coach doesn't like Rhodes. I heard tell the reason might be that he's in the Scottish team by way of his father since he was born in England.  I'm not sure, though.  Rhodes is a poacher, he's not the best off the ball and doesn't provide a lot outside of scoring (I hate saying that, because that's what he's supposed to do, but it was a complaint a fair few Rovers fans had of him).

Watt looked decent at times, poor at others.  The whole squad looked dreadful at times, too, he was no different.  He only got one goal in 9 appearances, and I'm pretty sure that came in his first game.  I don't think he deserves a place on the Scot team over Rhodes.

Can I also add whilst it's on my mind, before Gotze does or doesn't arrive or any other comings and goings, here at any other big club; for just about the first time since Evans ..... neigh, probably even further back to Kenny's first go-around or the first season of Suness '91, I'm going into a pre-season GENUINELY confident of a SERIOUS L'pool title challenge. 

So put me on record, right here, right now, as saying 2016-17 is when the title drought ends and #19 finally comes home!

Hail. 

I agree.  I'm thinking we're going to do two trophies this year.  I'll take the League and probably the FA Cup.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36341546

Pele is selling everything

Quite a few cats are doing that.  Jim Craig is selling all of his 1980 Olympic stuff too.  Medal, mask, both sweaters and all of his equipment.   Weird.

• Like 1

Love this time of year.  Everyone optimistic about next year, links to great players for every big club...just a bunch of lols all around.

Chelsea linked to Paul Pogba...for 80m.  Chelsea linked to Lukaku for 65m...Chelsea linked to radja nainggolan for 35m...Lichsteiner for 20m...

Yea, where is all this money coming from?  Not only that but just lazy reporting linking us to all these Serie a players because of Conte.  I reckon none of those will happen...most likely being lukaku probably.  

Love this time of year.  Everyone optimistic about next year, links to great players for every big club...just a bunch of lols all around.

Chelsea linked to Paul Pogba...for 80m.  Chelsea linked to Lukaku for 65m...Chelsea linked to radja nainggolan for 35m...Lichsteiner for 20m...

Yea, where is all this money coming from?  Not only that but just lazy reporting linking us to all these Serie a players because of Conte.  I reckon none of those will happen...most likely being lukaku probably.  

Could united be in for same people? Could be an interesting time. 

This has to be fake

BenchWarmers ‏@BeWarmers 15m15 minutes ago

BREAKING: Danny Drinkwater reacts to the England squad announcement.pic.twitter.com/1K5378Fqp2

8:16 AM - 31 May 2016 · Details
182 retweets 135 likes

Sentiments true. 

That's how the English National team has always been picked. From a select few clubs. If Drinkwater played for a more fashionable club, he get's picked after the season he's just had. Simple as. 

My International day today:-

Reds pissed Sturridge has been picked. 

Blues laughing that Barkley and Stones have been after the piss poor seasons they've had. 

Everyone laughing at Hodgson. Because it's International Law to laugh at that bellened. 

Nobody ultimately arsed as it's England. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Sentiments true. 

That's how the English National team has always been picked. From a select few clubs. If Drinkwater played for a more fashionable club, he get's picked after the season he's just had. Simple as. 

My International day today:-

Reds pissed Sturridge has been picked. 

Blues laughing that Barkley and Stones have been after the piss poor seasons they've had. 

Everyone laughing at Hodgson. Because it's International Law to laugh at that bellened. 

Nobody ultimately arsed as it's England. 

Hail.

Sentiment is true, kinda, but Drinkwater is average really. See Vardy with regard to Leicester players being picked.

Agreed about Reds pissed over Sturridge being picked. Gonna be injured August through October now.

Agreed about the blues players. They've pretty much sucked for months.

Hodgson is no bellend. Bit of a muppet most the time but hey he's done alright.

And finally the percentage of people arsed increases greatly by excluding certain sectors of English society.

I look forward to you posting when we exit at the group stages haha.....

Brazil '82. Best side to never win the WC if we're talking all time great Brazilian teams. 

Put that side up there with the 1970 vintage as 2 of the best National sides assembled there's ever been. 

Paolo frigging Rossi man, Travesty he did for them in Barcelona. 

Hail.

Brazil '82 just amazing to watch. Ah when world cups were great.

Hodgson is no bellend. Bit of a muppet most the time but hey he's done alright.

And finally the percentage of people arsed increases greatly by excluding certain sectors of English society.

I look forward to you posting when we exit at the group stages haha.....

He's selected Jack Wilshire off what, 1 and a bit games over the course of the year? Still not forgotten how he made NORTHAMPTON frigging TOWN sound like Real frigging Madrid the League Cup at ours. Suffered the crank for 6 months. You're right. 'Bellend' is being too polite!

Honestly not arsed if England go out the groups or win it. I don't wish England to fail. I just have zero interest for a multitude of reasons. Which if you came from here and had suffered the rest of the Country's disdain, to be kind, for this City over the years you'd understand. 

Thatsaid, there's still a lot of Liverpudlians that do support England and will be doubtless getting caught up in the hysteria next month. 

I have Wales going further FWIW and if it wasn't for the third place qualification get-out I'd have you home before Wimbledon started. The squad is average and the manager is a complete and utter buffoon but we'll see, 

Hail.