Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Granit Xhaka is close. Hopefully Wengersaurus wraps this one up. 

Morata? Supposedly, Madrid have a buy back and we're negotiating with RM after they buy him back to buy from them.

Mkhitaryan? Another target. Supposedly competing with Chelsea for his signature. Would love to have him for the right side of midfield. 

It's easy to get caught up in how low losing a European final leaves you. Yesterday was a LONG and very muted trip back home. From the ultimate high of reaching yet another European final, and travelling en masse in massive numbers to another European City with all the obstacles put in everyones way down to UEFA's scandalous decision to hold it there; to the ultimate low of losing it (and in such a limp way that we did) leaving everyone's thoughts on the season on that one game with all the positives quickly forgotten. When it's your second final loss in a season it's even harder to take and it's little to no consolation that you actually did what nobody in their right mind expected last August and got there. But we DID get there. TWICE! In the managers first 8 months in charge of a group of players that where as low as the fanbase when he took over heading nowhere fast. A group he's not added to, but has collectively lifted and improved into a team that has top performances in them and belief. As gutting as no European football is, the flip side, as we've seen the last month and a half of the season when he's been playing the 'A' and 'B' teams in successive matches; is the more time they have together on the training field the more cohesive they become in what he requires. So that should serve us well going forward for a serious league assault next year. It's all still relative as just who we can attract without Europe of course. And there's still a long ways to go as the complete collapse from the first minute Wednesday in their biggest game showed. But we're in a HELL of a lot better position than this time last year and we're going forward under the best possible man for this football club. Just got to let this one pass, get the sour taste out our mouths over the summer, and remember the positives from this season. We're in good hands and they'll be more nights down the line like Wednesday. I'm convinced of that. 

Ultimately I view 2015-16 as a Liverpool fan as one of the best in living memory and a massive success on three fronts. Not everyone will agree when they just look at cold hard stats, which I get. And maybe the off-field things should be separated, but as a fan this is what matters to me:

Why did it sound as though there were no pool fans there?  Perhaps they were muting on the telecast but to me it sounded as though no one in the stands really gave a damn.  Very strange tbh.

You have a lot of personal ties to this season, and that's wonderful.  But from a fan of another team looking at your season, I'd say it was pretty mediocre.  Don't want to sound condescending, so don't take it that way.  In fact, take it the opposite way in me saying I expect more from Liverpool.  Really the crowning achievement was making it to EL final and losing.  No European football so you can focus on next year for sure.  

Both Chelsea and Liverpool's '17 season is a catch up year.  I mean, look at Newcastle they lost triple digit millions in dollars getting relegated...could be the new Leeds!  With all the money in the PL it's going to get harder and harder for top clubs to stay where they are.  We will get a bunch of Man City's popping up all over the place.  

Why did it sound as though there were no pool fans there?  Perhaps they were muting on the telecast but to me it sounded as though no one in the stands really gave a damn.  Very strange tbh.

Mentioned that in an earlier post. We were just as guilty as the players. The atmosphere was very poor. Really bizarre. Absolutely bouncing all day. But we never turned up the ground either. Klopp was going nuts the touchline second half trying to get the crowd going. 

Why everything was so flat I just can't explain. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Granit Xhaka is close. Hopefully Wengersaurus wraps this one up. 

Morata? Supposedly, Madrid have a buy back and we're negotiating with RM after they buy him back to buy from them.

Mkhitaryan? Another target. Supposedly competing with Chelsea for his signature. Would love to have him for the right side of midfield. 

I liked Morata in January, but I watched him a bit more and he's such a tweener it's hard to tell what he'd do well.

He's a Giroud style guy.  No dis on Giroud, but I think he's pretty close to him in that they do a few different things well but nothing in particular that blows you away.

Early on you couldn't hear anything but LFC supporters.  The second half there was nothing but sarcastic cheers whenever we won a decision from the ref or the lino.

Early on you couldn't hear anything but LFC supporters. The second half there was nothing but sarcastic cheers whenever we won a decision from the ref or the lino.

Maybe it's where I was in the ground, shrugs, but I thought our vocal was pretty darn poor throughout. Everything just seemed flat. The team started flat and bar the period after Sturridges goal it rolled from there.

The town was bouncing. As was the bus up the ground and the walk down. But as soon as the game started I was disappointed in ourselves as much as the players.

Can't explain why that was but that's what I felt. But maybe it was just around me and the abiding memory of that shocking second half. Shrugs.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I thought he sat out that final because he had already signed with Bayern and Klopp wanted to play someone committed to the club?

As Richmond nearly got right, he 'claimed' he couldn't play down to a thigh injury which the Dortmund medical staff was only a thigh strain. Certainly something you'd play through to play in the biggest game of your career and the single biggest game you can get. You may never get another chance.

It was 'dubious' shall we say and he's pretty much reviled in Dortmund because of it. (The obvious inference being he completely bottled it and **** out of playing and possibly beating the team he'd already agreed to join.). 

Hail. 

I don't question a player's drive or anything but Gotze is out due to rib. Now I totally get a broken rib keeping a person out but doesn't this sound like 2012 when he sat out the CL final? I mean maybe I'm looking into it too much but it's weird...

Can't really question this one. 

Hard to even breath with a broken rib. Let alone play a game of footie. 

Hail. 

Yeah, ribs bruised might as well be broken. Hard to breath, twist, even sleep. Can't take any contact without feeling it. If I knew an opponent had a rib injury I'd be going shoulder to shoulder with him every times to start. 

• Like 1

Yeah, ribs bruised might as well be broken. Hard to breath, twist, even sleep. Can't take any contact without feeling it. If I knew an opponent had a rib injury I'd be going shoulder to shoulder with him every times to start. 

I played 8 games of American Football in my Junior season with a cracked rib.  Forget playing the game, the real pain came beforehand when I had to get local anesthetic injections.  My goodness, that pain was terrible...made playing in the game a breeze.

• Like 1

Signed for Leverkusen today. 

Hail. 

Wondering if that makes Chicharito available.  I know we kicked it around in January but they weren't biting.

I like Giroud, he just has his limitations. Tough to find a Lewa or Kane or Aguero out there.

I don't get the love for Kane.  He's a tidy player, but to me he's nothing special.  He takes a TON of shots even for how many he scores.

He's a ****ing retard and I don't care if it gets me a reprimand. It needs to be said. 

It's overt trolling that makes BT look innocent and he's ****ing gutless with it. The worst kind of 'Internet Warrior' who's just a ****stirring gob****e. 

Hail. 

First, I don't think he's a  troll, any more than you guys are.  You Pool guys love to give it to any other sides you feel  you can lord over (and sorry, Bayern just aren't that team), so stop with the troll and self pity crap.  Also, if you have an issue with me, have it with me, not comparing me with another poster. If I'm a troll, then you should look in the mirror at a troll. I give just as I get, and I always sit aside until I'm attacked to come back.

I've been very nice about recent events - don't be a dick and see what a real troll can be.

I'm happy to see Bayern in one more final and hope they win.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Mia San Mia

Edited by btfoom

First, I don't think he's a troll, any more than you guys are. You Pool guys love to give it to any other sides you feel you can lord over (and sorry, Bayern just aren't that team), so stop with the troll and self pity crap. Also, if you have an issue with me, have it with me, not comparing me with another poster. If I'm a troll, then you should look in the mirror at a troll. I give just as I get, and I always sit aside until I'm attacked to come back.

I've been very nice about recent events - don't be a dick and see what a real troll can be.

I'm happy to see Bayern in one more final and hope they win. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mia San Mia

'See what a real trol can be?'

Don't push it yer hypocritical, lying prick because I'm currently not worried about being giving time off. Although why you continue to outright lie on yourself and make yourself look a bigger clown I don't know when everyone here knows you. Or do you just enjoy insulting the intelligence of everyone in the whole thread? Walk away. This one does't concern you. 

Having a lazy, mega final day today. Hopefully Rangers get back into Europe with a Scottish Cup win at 3. Then Palace do what they deserved to do the first game '90. Rounded off by Milan somehow saving the season against Juve this evening. Just a pity Bayern- BvB clashes as that should be a great final too.

Hail.

Chicharito is crap. Especially in the EPL, I hope Liverpool picks him up.

As a super sub/back up striker?  I can't think of many better than him.

Certainly wouldn't build around a guy like Hernandez, but I'd have him in.

I suspect a busy couple of weeks here before Euros and Copa America.

Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ 1m1 minute ago

Sky Sources: Arsenal to complete signing of Granit Xhaka in next few days. #SSNHQ

116 retweets 79 likes