Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

The first is horrible.  Defo pen and should be given 100/100 times.  Pool on the wrong end of that one

Number 2 looked like the guy was just turning around to see the ball and it grazed his hand.  Looked to me unintentional and because I think there was no liverpool threat to actually get the ball it wasn't awarded.  There is no mistake about it though, his hand touched that ball.  That's a 60/40 call...liverpool wronged again. 

Number 3 to me is the one that isn't really a handball.  He is making a natural move to try and cut off Firmino and is bring his arm back down.  He doesn't appear to be going for the ball.  The gripe with that one is that it was probably a foul...that's more egregious to me.  

So Lukaku wants to go to United or to Bayern Munich.

At least that's where his dad says he should go.

:lol:  :lol:

What do the Munich fans think of that?  Surely he won't steal any minutes from Lewandowski. 

While I think Alexi is wrong here, I understand where his argument is coming from. The rule is it has to be a deliberate hand ball, deliberate being the focus.

The defender for example crouching down near the ground with his hands down and wide would seem to me be deliberately blocking off the area next to him with his hands. 

So again, I understand his argument, and I think a lot of people forget about the whole deliberate part, hes still wrong.

So Lukaku wants to go to United or to Bayern Munich.

At least that's where his dad says he should go.

:lol:  :lol:

What do the Munich fans think of that?  Surely he won't steal any minutes from Lewandowski. 

On a free, sure :D , and this is nothing against the player, but Bayern have other needs than another striker.  The money that would be spent on him would be much better used in other areas.  Plus, like you said, he's not taking time from Lewa.

The problem is that the best place for him would be Pool.  He would flourish under Klopp/his style and knows how to play striker in the EPL (and let's face it, striker in EPL is different than in other leagues).  I know it won't happen due to issues between the 2 sides, but I still think that would be the best place for his career.

On a free, sure :D , and this is nothing against the player, but Bayern have other needs than another striker.  The money that would be spent on him would be much better used in other areas.  Plus, like you said, he's not taking time from Lewa.

The problem is that the best place for him would be Pool.  He would flourish under Klopp/his style and knows how to play striker in the EPL (and let's face it, striker in EPL is different than in other leagues).  I know it won't happen due to issues between the 2 sides, but I still think that would be the best place for his career.

No chance it's on a free.  This isn't the bundesliga :lol:

They'll want the money as I think they just recently re-upped. Though I know you're being sarcastic I'm curious what you think he's worth.

I just think it's kind of arrogant.  He's a tidy player but it's not like he's at the level where he should be demanding transfers to certain clubs.  Request a transfer and see what happens, ffs.

Wouldn't have him at Liverpool.  I think we are good on center forward, especially the Belgian kind, though hopefully we're down one here soon.  I'd like more of a channel runner as a striker signing.

We have Origi who can do both, but he excels at holding up play.  Sturridge is a channel runner, we'll need another one of those.  Kevin Volland is a youngin, but I think he'd fill that role nicely.  I think Ings is similar to Origi in his style, he can run the channels but he doesn't necessarily excel at it.

Last post on it.......yeah right.

We'll be hoisting silverware next year.  It'll have gone horribly wrong if we're dwelling on this next year. 

Bottom line is we didn't play well enough to win.  I'm a big enough boy to accept that.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

I think you will be a better team next year........but so will a few others. Will be interesting to see the summer rebuilds.

Yeah, this money is going to make things very interesting.

Most of our reported wish list is from outside of England.  So hopefully that helps us stay out of battles.

We'll be hoisting silverware next year.....

HAS to be a serious League challenge. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

And he knows and accepts that the way he's said we'll have more time to train and fully prepare for every league game. 

Man alive have you ever heard him as flat as after Wednesday? But then reading he got all the players together back the hotel and had them all sing 'We are Liverpool' is just the mark of the man. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Home, tired. Still depressed but that's football. 

Catching up on the thread. 

*Waves to Fred. 

The power of LFC. We lose a final. He comes back out the shadows with his B/S rhetoric. 

Welcome back stud. 

Hail. 

German finals.

It's what's for dinner.

What do they have this year?  Two?  Sounds familiar....

• Like 1

German finals.

It's what's for dinner.

He's a ****ing retard and I don't care if it gets me a reprimand. It needs to be said. 

It's overt trolling that makes BT look innocent and he's ****ing gutless with it. The worst kind of 'Internet Warrior' who's just a ****stirring gob****e. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

German finals.

It's what's for dinner.

I must refer to Websters for the definition of Jealous:

-  An unhappy or angry feeling of wanting to have what someone else has

-  An unhappy or angry feeling caused by the belief that someone you love (such as your husband or wife) likes or is liked by someone else

As far as the whining in this thread the last page or two, I think one of those hand balls should have been called.  Not both, please.

But, the opposing team adjusted, and played like a champion in the second half.  In the semi's Bayern failed to convert on a chance or two when it counted and let a counter attack result in a goal.

Time to move onto to next season and the Champions League play.

Edited by Fred Jones

I must refer to Websters for the definition of Jealous:

-  An unhappy or angry feeling of wanting to have what someone else has

-  An unhappy or angry feeling caused by the belief that someone you love (such as your husband or wife) likes or is liked by someone else

As far as the whining in this thread the last page or two, I think one of those hand balls should have been called.  Not both, please.

But, the opposing team adjusted, and played like a champion in the second half.  In the semi's Bayern failed to convert on a chance or two when it counted and let a counter attack result in a goal.

Time to move onto to next season and the Champions League play.

Dear Fred...

Hey!  You quoted me!  Respect.

I don't think you'll get any argument from anyone in this thread... Bayern Munich dominates the bundesliga.

See ya round,

DC

So that was 2015-16. A season that started out with the lowest of expectations and the club on a serious downward spiral through the absolute elation of lost hope restored with the appointment of Klopp through some fantastic highs on the pitch (Chelsea, City, Everton through the marvellous European run annihilating Utd, Villarreal and arguably the greatest Anfield European night ever Dortmund); along with some terribly inconsistent lows. (Too many league games to mention as we weren't even in a positive goal difference until well into 2016.). We've seen some players take massive step forwards that you never thought would survive here. (Lovren and Lallana spring instantly to mind.). And others show exactly what we knew they are. Not good enough who surely won't survive the cull. (Again too many to mention.). We've seen the return of the Anfield atmosphere that had even been missing in Europe in recent seasons to leave teams shell shocked before the games even begun. And we've had the highs and lows of two Cup finals reached and ultimately lost. Along with an 8th placed finish (although had we not been playing the under 5's every other game the past 6 weeks I have no doubt that would of been 4th/5th at worst) and now no European football for at least 15 months which just kills me personally. 

It's easy to get caught up in how low losing a European final leaves you. Yesterday was a LONG and very muted trip back home. From the ultimate high of reaching yet another European final, and travelling en masse in massive numbers to another European City with all the obstacles put in everyones way down to UEFA's scandalous decision to hold it there; to the ultimate low of losing it (and in such a limp way that we did) leaving everyone's thoughts on the season on that one game with all the positives quickly forgotten. When it's your second final loss in a season it's even harder to take and it's little to no consolation that you actually did what nobody in their right mind expected last August and got there. But we DID get there. TWICE! In the managers first 8 months in charge of a group of players that where as low as the fanbase when he took over heading nowhere fast. A group he's not added to, but has collectively lifted and improved into a team that has top performances in them and belief. As gutting as no European football is, the flip side, as we've seen the last month and a half of the season when he's been playing the 'A' and 'B' teams in successive matches; is the more time they have together on the training field the more cohesive they become in what he requires. So that should serve us well going forward for a serious league assault next year. It's all still relative as just who we can attract without Europe of course. And there's still a long ways to go as the complete collapse from the first minute Wednesday in their biggest game showed. But we're in a HELL of a lot better position than this time last year and we're going forward under the best possible man for this football club. Just got to let this one pass, get the sour taste out our mouths over the summer, and remember the positives from this season. We're in good hands and they'll be more nights down the line like Wednesday. I'm convinced of that. 

Ultimately I view 2015-16 as a Liverpool fan as one of the best in living memory and a massive success on three fronts. Not everyone will agree when they just look at cold hard stats, which I get. And maybe the off-field things should be separated, but as a fan this is what matters to me:

We moved fast, for which I applaud the club, in bagging one of the best managers in Europe early. Give him better players, and a full pre-season with then a season without the burden of Europe to fully go all out for the league and who knows where this conversation is a year down the line? All I do know is I've not been as positive about the club going forward down to that man in a LONG time. 

Then there was the phenomenal success of the walk out on 77 minutes against Sunderland over ticket prices. They said we would have no effect as fans and the clubs ultimately are our masters. How wrong they were! Not only did Liverpool Football Club quickly climbdown, the WHOLE of football got shook to it's core by what could be organised in so little time through fan unity at just one club to the point where an issue on away tickets being capped, which a month earlier had next to NO support at the PL meetings; had a full scale about turn to the £30 across the board maximum cap we have now for the next three years at least. I was REAL proud to be a part of that and of all my fellow reds that got up and walked the Sunderland game. The hardest decision you'll ever have to make as a fan. To walk out on your team. But the right one. Not just for ourselves as Liverpool fans. But for EVERY football fan Country wide. 

And then we had the ultimate that makes this year a resounding success regardless personally and TOWERS over everything else. Our greatest ever victory as L'pool supporters. Enough's been written on it so I won't again, but the inquest verdict to FINALLY clear our names and let our dead rest in peace after nearly 3 decades of fighting both the highest powers in the land, and the public perception from enough mud being thrown our way sticking ..... It doesn't get ANY better than that and puts EVERYTHING else into complete perspective. 

SO proud of SO many this year and what we've achieved this year. On and off the pitch. 

Let's get past the ultimate kick in the balls from Wednesday and get this club back into Europe and win it the next time!

Mighty Reds!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Signed for Leverkusen today. 

Hail. 

Booo.

We'll find someone for that role. 

Liverpool set to sign Loris Karius from Mainz next week. £4.7m get out clause

12:50 AM - 20 May 2016

Hail. 

He and Zeilinski are solid signings for sure.  Not sure about Gotze, some are still confident in the press, I'm not.  We'll get some players in here, though.  Signings would definitely lighten up the mood.

This would be a HUGE move for Arsenal.

That's a killer in the middle that they lacked this year.  Not as seasoned as a Vidal obviously, but this kid has all the tools.

That money is flexing.

FourFourTweet @FourFourTweet 26s27 seconds ago

Granit Xhaka has flown to London to complete a medical ahead of his move to Arsenal. [independent]

Ci5lYkNWkAAy9QB.jpg

I had him on my list.  But I never thought it was happening when I heard that Chelsea and Arsenal were involved. City had a look too.