Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

****, I just tell them to **** off and if they raise up I say "you're welcome for your freedom".  Most of them are recent retirees or former Soldiers, so they give it right back.

Most of the linos can't even stay even anyways. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I assume you pay to be in this league?  How do you guys pick teams and stuff? - I'm curious.

Established teams. I tried out for this one. These were young guys, not that it matters. 

This was the e-mail sent out to everyone from U-little to Over-50 leagues:

Message from the State Referee Administrator to all Referees. Please read this carefully.

ABUSE OF REFEREES

Let me be clear as to what drives our referees out of officiating. IT IS ABUSE. Abuse by coaches, spectators, players and parents. This practice must stop and the adult referees MUST show an example to our younger referees that ABUSE will not be tolerated.

It appears that some are confused about what is actually ABUSE. Let’s be clear. WPA referees are to follow the guidelines listed below. Share these with your fellow referees before and after the game and reinforce that ABUSE will not be tolerated.

1. Inform both coaches that ABUSE will not be tolerated by the coaching staff, spectators or parents. If there is ABUSE, the game will be terminated.
  2. If during the game, there are signs of abuse, inform the coach that the next outburst will result in termination

So what is ABUSE? What are the signs as to when the referee should get involved? Not limited to:

1. Constant complaining from the bench.
  2. Questioning every decision
  3. Sarcastic remarks
  4. Personal attacks-----SEND THE COACH OFF IMMEDIATELY
  5. Gyrating actions
  6. Kicking or throwing objects-----SEND THE COACH IMMEDIATELY
  7. Unpleasant comments by the spectators or parents----NOTIFY THE COACH THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
  8. Personal attacks on any member of the officiating crew-----TEMINATE GAME IMEDIATELY
  9. If you are threatened in any way---TERMINATE GAME IMMEDIATELY. STAY AS A TEAM AND CALL POLICE IF YOU STILL FEEL THREATENED.
  10. File report
  11. Call the SRA with details

Let’s be clear, this is not the case in every game and there are certain teams, spectators and parents who have a reputation of abuse. Focus on these teams and raise your awareness level. 

Protect our younger referees. They do not deserve the abuse. The question you must ask yourself.

Would I want my son or daughter or my mom or dad to be treated like this? If the answer is no, then you should not take the ABUSE either.

Just watching the Leicester player's celebrate at Vardy's and singing 'Champione, Champione ..... ' (Personal aside. I'd give them a week to fix that and drop the 'h' to what it always was when it was brought back from Italian/ Spanish European trips rather than this PL cHampione **** that's sprung up and is now sadly the norm. Or else I'mma taking the title off yers for being a bunch of beuts!). 

Thinking I'm probably the only one that remember's singing 'Campione, Campione, Campione Liv-er-pool!'

Thinking I'm getting old. 

Thinking it's been WAY too long since that was a regular part of our song book. 

Thinking this REALLY needs to change and fast!

Hail. 

Can's back in full training! 

Maybe, just maybe he'll be out there Thursday!

On that, a call to arms from various groups to meet the King Harry down Anny Road at 6 and greet the coaches in the most spectacular style yet. 

ChcV0-jWwAAB8Tm.jpg

Start as we mean to go on and scare the living piss out of Villarreal in the cauldron that is Anfield on a special European night!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

As we build up to yet another European semi, takes you back to 11 years ago today and lil' Louis' 'ghost goal' that has had Mourinho hating us ever since. :DMade even better by the fact we knew it never crossed the line in the ground haha. But nobody ever asks him, when he narks about it as he has most every year since, which he'd rather have? A goal down to one that ultimately never really was with 86 minutes to come back with 11 men? Or, as the referee has since confirmed, be down to 10 men, with Cech sent off for the foul on Baros, be facing a penalty, and looking at 84 minutes a man short with Hilarious in nets? 

Hairs on the back of your neck still stand on end when you think of the atmosphere that night. 

Need to make the ol' place the same again on Thursday.

Hail. 

Congrats to Leicester.  Awesome story.

So shortly after I posted the other day (or something) Paul Lambert decided to resign at the end of the season.  I'm not sure if I'm upset at him or the owners or everyone right now.  It's shambolic.  I just don't understand why they'd hire him without financial backing.  They've backed everyone else they've had in charge, so why not him?  And if they weren't then why sack Bowyer?  Did Lambert really just use Blackburn as a stepping stone to get back in the public light, as he's now tipped for the Celtic job?  I dunno, but I'm just frustrated and bummed.

• Like 1

Caulker returned to QPR. 

That was a fun episode. 

Hail. 

Peep this doe

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ 51s52 seconds ago

Incredible from Emre Can to be back in training. Had to wear a protective boot and use crutches - 18 days later he's back training. #lfc\

I told you the boy would be fine.  I believe I said "two weeks"...

European Medicine is overrated.  :lol:

Peep this doe

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 51s52 seconds ago

Incredible from Emre Can to be back in training. Had to wear a protective boot and use crutches - 18 days later he's back training. #lfc\

I told you the boy would be fine.  I believe I said "two weeks"...

European Medicine is overrated.  :lol:

Pfffft. You're 6 posts too late with the Can news . ^^^^^. 

There's been a lot of excellent things written the past week or so since the verdict. I've not posted them as, well, you're acutely conscious of reactions the past 3 decades when enough mud is thrown about you but I'll leave this here:

Excellent BBC Radio programme fronted by Kenny's daughter from last Wednesday evening. A hard listen. But if anyone wants to know just how trauma like that changes you and consequently what the last 27 years have been like to deal with, and just how different football was back then; then this just speaks clearly to anything I could tell you and says everything I find so hard to : 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03sf7ps

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1