Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well at least they're going to let him in the shallow end of the pool first.

On 3/1/2018 at 3:23 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

City scoring great goals here. Superb football.

Surely that's it for Wenger this summer.

I was half hoping for snow and no game as it’s been baltic cold and I’m getting too old for that ****. But nottin again over night. Completely passing L’pool by. Feels a lot warmer today than it has been so there is that. 

Always wary of Rafa and him setting a team up defensively to get a point. Seen enough of that when he was here to never underestimate him. But all the momentum is with ourselves and this is a bloody good team we have playing some of the best footy not only the PL but Europe wide too. So there’s no reason not to be 100% confident going into every game we have left this year home or abroad. And r majestic Muslims on a mission.

I’ll take another 3 or 4 goal licking.

Up the Geordie Gobbing Reds!

Hail.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

That was a red card. Not a penalty, but a red card.

1 hour ago, SkinInsite said:

Mo gets shoved outside the penalty box no foul called. If that's Kane dude would be send of with a red and deported from England.

I really think that's the difference between ours and Spurs.  When ours are fouled they don't get the call... when theirs dive they do.

THAT is the biggest complaint I have.  And getting two in a ten minute span still bothers me for that specific reason.  Morrison is halfway there to understanding it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice, professional, 'taking care of business with little fuss' on a bitter night. Newcastle made us work for it like. As is the minimum you'd expect from Rafa. But one World Class coach outdid another with his World Class team as good, if not better,  than anything the returning legend served up his 6 season's leading the mighty Reds. 

I make that only two league defeats at home now the last two seasons. And with such giants as Watford, Bournemouth, Stoke and Brighton left to visit this year, surely an unbeaten league season at home. Yet another box ticked off under the mad German btard. Fortress Anfield alive and kicking once more. 

A few notables:- 

Lorie Karius. Continuing to make many, myself included, eat their words with another superb display. Next to nottin' to do. But when he was called on, a top-drawer save to preserve the hard grafted HT lead. Exactly what boss 'keepers are supposed to do the few times they're called upon. Dominated his area and is getting more vocal by the game the more confident he gets. Becoming a real presence. Maybe, just maybe, he is what we thought we'd bought upon his highly rated arrival a few summers back. 

Talking vocal ..... 

It's unfair just HOW good big Virge is without even looking like he's trying. Worth every last penny of that ridiculous fee. The whole defence has been elevated to another level with his addition. Special player to have that effect. 

Oxo-Chambo. 4 goals. 6 assists. Endless work rate and top ability. Seamless fit into one of the best footballing sides in Europe. And a glaring, technicolour example of just HOW badly Wenger has completely lost it at Arsenal and is, or was in Alex's case, bringing everyone down with him. 

Jordan Henderson. 'He's just a sad Mackem btard' yanno! ..... So sad he's captain of the second best side in England and one of the best in Europe while yuse are fast plummeting back from where yers came! Dickheads. Dominant, controlling display. 

Some fella' that is turning lads Muslim and wanting them to ditch the bevvy's and go the Mosque. 32. THIRTY F 2 now. At the start of March. Better than Suarez ever managed. Soon be better than Robbie and El Nino. Rushie, he's coming for your's too. And then he'll probably celebrate with a bowl of Scouse whilst solving the Brexit carnage and bringing unity to the land. He's that F cool!. 

Special mention to the lino Kop side for being an extra special knobhead the last few minutes. Stonewall penalty not given. Stonewall red for the barcodes captain turned down not long after. Even Scott was looking at him like ''Sake dickhead. Yuse are directly in line. Help me the F out here!!!!' 

Roll on Utd next Sat'day dinner. If these Reds continue to be on it, that IS going to be fun! 

And I was aiming for a laconic 'Second best side the land back up to second. 'Pool!' :rofl89:

These buggers are just too damn good for that even when they're not fully on it. 

P180303-030-Liverpool_Newcastle.jpg

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Premier League football has never been more welcome in my life than it was today. Watched three games (including Liverpool) without rooting for or against anyone. Sports can still be a beautiful thing sometimes. Thank you for welcoming me into this community within the community. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Premier League football has never been more welcome in my life than it was today. Watched three games (including Liverpool) without rooting for or against anyone. Sports can still be a beautiful thing sometimes. Thank you for welcoming me into this community within the community. 

You're welcome Sir, as long as you avoid supporting ManU and Everton you'll have no problems with the Liverpudlians patroling this thread :silly:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Some record that. Adds context to just how far we've progressed this year. 

*53 Pts for City after today. 

Hail. 

Never got off the bus for that one at Wembley.  Never seen anything like it.  We seemed to have sorted it out.

Think about the 4 points given away by the refs... two to the Ev and two to Spurs. 

Then us ****ting the bed at the Emirates. 

This is a good side, really good, but there is room for improvement and we're humming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DC9 said:

This is a good side, really good, but there is room for improvement and we're humming.

Can not WAIT for Utd Sat'day dinner-time. 

Best attack currently in World football against their bang average defence ..... we're on it as we have been for long enough now and only de Gea turning Superman again will stop us. 

Really got a great feeling on us going there and thoroughly doing them. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Can not WAIT for Utd Sat'day dinner-time. 

Best attack currently in World football against their bang average defence ..... we're on it as we have been for long enough now and only de Gea turning Superman again will stop us. 

Really got a great feeling on us going there and thoroughly doing them. 

Hail. 

Well the return leg SHOULD be easy business.  Hoping to get some of the kids some time out there and put in a professional effort.

I've got a good feeling about this one too.  7:30 am kickoff, then down to the beach for the cousins LAX game followed by snowboarding Sunday morning and then taking one of my young Soldiers to her first visit to a grown up Army school the afternoon.  Gonna be a busy weekend front to back.  That is certainly the highlight though and will ultimately determine my mood, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I'm fully sucked in. This is terrible. I spent the entire match against Atleti Sunday morning a nervous wreck. Ugh

That being noted, this was a pretty cool free kick:

But here's something I thought was even cooler. When I watched the replay, I thought it was really odd how Rakitic, Busquets, and Pique were linking arms too, almost like THEY were making a wall to block the kick, and it was even weirder that Busquets was facing the other direction.

Then I saw this: 

So Busquets was arranging them to block the goalkeeper's view.

Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, because that ball was just about perfect, but still a neat insight into the thinking part of the game.