Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well, sports fandom has been put into proper perspective for me last week, as one of our players and a kid I really connected with suffered a ruptured aortic artery during practice and passed away at the age of 22. This was going to be a welcome 2 hour distraction no matter the result but it was a fun game of football even with United barely bothering to show up for the first 55 minutes of the match. Good resolve shown to dig themselves out of the hole they very much put themselves in. You'll do well to see a much better goal than the winner all season. GGMU. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Oh how tragic. Such a terribly young age to pass. 

Sincerest condolences. 

God rest. 

Hail. 

Greatly appreciated. Kids playing small school (American) football out here are usually very resilient. They're banding together and showing what they're really made of but it's been a rough few days. Pretty much your worst nightmare as a coach at any level. 

• Sad 1

Saw that meme yesterday...love it!

Looks as though weather won't be an issue tonight. Good, didn't want any goofiness to put the guys on edge. Hope for a tidy first half, see it out equal, or even ahead, then businesslike the second.

So much talk about what Klopp will do with his side, but they've got 4 days to recover, whilst that other side has to play a MUCH tougher return match just 3 days hence. Will Mou rest lads for the Sevilla return? Haven't seen that headline.

If the Devils defend like yesterday, could be a lot of scoring, unless DeGea goes all World Class. 

Business today, party Saturday...

Lets go you Reds!!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Long n Left,If it where down to me mate, I’d play as little as what will play Sat’day dinner Utd tonight whilst still be strong. 

Something like:

Karius

Clyne (Presuming he’s good to start finally)

Gomez

van Dijk

Moreno

Milner

Wijnaldum

Lallana

Mane/ Salah (Half each all being well)

Solanke

Oxo-Chambo.

If Clyne coupdn’t start, then flip Joe to RB and put Klavan in there. And be looking to bring Woodburn off the bench at some point. Earlier the better.

Thats not so much changing as rotating as most all are regular first teamers regardless. Which seems to be how Klopp is spinning/ justifying changes too. 

Not that he should have to in a completely dead tie like but yer know? Struggling to find much of any enthusiasm for this one in truth but on a mission to go right through from Hoffenheim to Kiev so can’t afford to swerve it. 

9 down. 6 to go. 

Up the European Royalty Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@Long n Left,If it where down to me mate, I’d play as little as what will play Sat’day dinner Utd tonight whilst still be strong. 

Yeah, I'm in for some rotation, some guys need minutes. I was just ****ing for ****ing's sake about how I hadn't seen a thing written about whether Mou may rest some guys cause they've got Sevilla coming in tied up 3 days after.

My lineup tonight would be:

Karius

Gomez

Lovren

Klavan

Moreno

Lallana

Can

Milner

Salah

Ings

Mane

Dont know if Ben and/or Gini will be fit to go, but I'd sub out Mane and Salah by 60' if they're up or level.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

PSG, maybe buy some defenders next time.

No, they're like Snyder they'll never learn. Building a defense with brazilian crybabies, since when Brazil has been known for its D ? :806:

• Like 2

One of the most tedious European games in living memory. To be expected like killing the tie completely out there.

Got to witness an absolute living legends last ever European game which was an unexpected bonus. 

Made up Madrid are through. Much rather go there than have to deal with the PSG knobheads. As good as Paris is.

No more to add.

10 down. 5 to go. Up the Reds.

Hail.

• Like 2

First the FA with the Holgate shambles. Now this: 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spartak-moscow-under-19s-captain-14377875

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-praise-rhian-brewster-courage-14379583

Complete joke but sadly no real surprise from the gutless 
F's at UEFA. So long as the authorities keep letting them get away with it, the longer the Russian's, where it's an endemic problem at all levels of society, will continue to show such disgraceful ignorance.

The WC should be just super. 

Hail. 

• Like 1