Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

You just can't stop with the lying B/S can you Benning? 

I said it was more disturbing the underlying tone of your veiled racist agenda coming from a black guy. Which to the VERY unwise doesn't translate into calling you a racist because of the colour of your skin. 

This absolute B/S about tribalism and L'pool favouritism when L'pool get's castigated on these here pages more than any other clubs fans do with their club (the bigger irony there being the slamming Carragher routinely gets on here off L'pool fans for being an utter gob****e as a pundit for controversial effect for Sky. But you thought it wise to troll with him regardless) is just that. B/S. I just love being lectured to that end from a guy in another Country garnering his opinion from what he reads from others having absolutely no knowledge of the reality he's spouting utter crap on. 

You're transparent lid. And yer shtick has past gotten old. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I actually took a shot at Liverpool fans.

Which is why it was trolling. You didn't provide any larger context or argument about the tribalism of soccer fans, you just took a shot at Liverpool fans because you knew it would rile them up.

You are correct that this is basically a Liverpool thread, and I understand why that can be annoying to a fan of a team other than Liverpool. I don't think it's intentional... this is not a soccer board and I think there are several Liverpool fans, and as far as I can tell mostly singletons of other teams. That can create a situation where posts about Liverpool are going to get more responses because they're more interesting to the largest active group, whereas I posted something about Busquets and got one general response, but as far as I know there are no other Barcelona fans here, so at most the other readers probably just went "hmmm... that's nice" (if that).

If we want that to change, it's kind of up to non-Liverpool fans (and there are some) to post non-Liverpool stuff, and perhaps even respond to other non-Liverpool stuff to encourage further discussion. Otherwise it will naturally be all Liverpool, not by conspiracy, just by the nature of message boards.

It's also obvious that you have some history of conflict, and things are turning bitter.

But, since you're being honest in the quote above, that's why what you did was trolling. You might feel you're justified, getting revenge, whatever. You might even be right. But you weren't trying to advance conversation, or make a larger point. You were taking a shot.

That's trolling.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, techboy said:

Which is why it was trolling. You didn't provide any larger context or argument about the tribalism of soccer fans, you just took a shot at Liverpool fans because you knew it would rile them up.

You are correct that this is basically a Liverpool thread, and I understand why that can be annoying to a fan of a team other than Liverpool. I don't think it's intentional... this is not a soccer board and I think there are several Liverpool fans, and as far as I can tell mostly singletons of other teams. That can create a situation where posts about Liverpool are going to get more responses because they're more interesting to the largest active group, whereas I posted something about Busquets and got one general response, but as far as I know there are no other Barcelona fans here, so at most the other readers probably just went "hmmm... that's nice" (if that).

If we want that to change, it's kind of up to non-Liverpool fans (and there are some) to post non-Liverpool stuff, and perhaps even respond to other non-Liverpool stuff to encourage further discussion. Otherwise it will naturally be all Liverpool, not by conspiracy, just by the nature of message boards.

It's also obvious that you have some history of conflict, and things are turning bitter.

But, since you're being honest in the quote above, that's why what you did was trolling. You might feel you're justified, getting revenge, whatever. You might even be right. But you weren't trying to advance conversation, or make a larger point. You were taking a shot.

That's trolling.

I dont see it much as revenge, but confusion why Liverpool fans want to continue attacking Evra over him being attacked. I thought that was ugly. I don't get any joy or excitement out of Liverpool fans defending their behavior. Look at the post above yours and see how he reacted. 

If it is trolling, then so be it. It was a news story, as is the Carragher spitting incident. I think GHH's response is more problematic than my post. I literally have no idea what I said that can be seen as racist, but the homie thinks me saying Liverpool fans need to stop abusing Evra is a bad thing lol.

And if you post Barcelona stuff, I will talk with you about it. I love the sport, and love chatting about it. Neymar potentially wanting to come back to Barcelona is a major story. Also I expect Barcelona to put 2 past Chelsea and go through, although I don't think your midfield is as solid as it used to be for the later stages of the tournament.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You just can't stop with the lying B/S can you Benning? 

I said it was more disturbing the underlying tone of your veiled racist agenda coming from a black guy. Which to the VERY unwise doesn't translate into calling you a racist because of the colour of your skin. 

This absolute B/S about tribalism and L'pool favouritism when L'pool get's castigated on these here pages

He's not lying. It seems to be a misunderstanding, at worst. That seems familiar.

It's also not BS about tribalism. You might be too far in to see it, but it worries me as an outsider thinking about coming in.

I suspect you're right about Liverpool fans' tribalism being focused on the most, but that's the flipside of my response to the complaint that this has become a LIverpool thread... all the discussion here IS about Liverpool, so anything bad will likely about Liverpool as well.

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Neymar potentially wanting to come back to Barcelona is a major story. 

neymar-went-to-france-to-stay-in-messis-

10 minutes ago, techboy said:

He's not lying. It seems to be a misunderstanding, at worst. That seems familiar.

It's also not BS about tribalism. You might be too far in to see it, but it worries me as an outsider thinking about coming in.

I suspect you're right about Liverpool fans' tribalism being focused on the most, but that's the flipside of my response to the complaint that this has become a LIverpool thread... all the discussion here IS about Liverpool, so anything bad will likely about Liverpool as well.

He's not? This is the start of what he's referring to ....

On 26/02/2018 at 3:48 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well that revelation on your ethnicity just makes this whole agenda even more abhorrent. 

You must be so proud of yourself taking everything so out of context to try get a reaction. 

Hail. 

*Edit* And yeah, by that I'm flat out calling you out as being as big a part as any racial problem as anyone else you're castigating. Ban me. Sue me. Won't alter that fact that you compound that with each post. 

An agenda is an agenda. And yours is as downright underhand nasty and low as it gets. 

There's no 'misunderstanding' there mate. You want to twist that as you're being a called a racist because of the colour of your skin you're doing nottin' more than flat out lying to detract.

And it's complete B/S for him to claim a defence of a L'pool player, as was the issue with his Suarez nonsense, was down to tribalism and garnered from anything L'pool centric. That's the point there. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

There's no 'misunderstanding' there mate.

I almost regret sticking my nose in, but since I have already done so...

I have been reading your posts for a long time, and in my opinion your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness. You have a big heart and you wear it on your sleeve. It seems all your emotions are powerful. 

I first observed this with RGIII, from the heights of joy to the depths of despair, but no matter where you went, there were no half measures.

My opinion on this matter, as someone who is not involved, is that you have your back up and this is preventing your from processing things rationally. You're just reacting, lashing out. Many of the things you have written are pretty hostile, to be frank.

Now, to be fair, I have already pointed out to Benning that he is trolling, because he is. He even kind of admitted it.

The thing about Benning is that he is an agitator. I don't think he'll deny it... it's kind of his modus operandi and he's said so himself. He agitates on issues of race, specifically, and he does so because too often those issues are ignored totally. He's not in it to be liked, he's in it to stir things up and get people talking.

His style is not the way I would approach things in general, but I do understand it. Heck, it worked on me to some extent... I had no idea about the incident with Suarez, so I looked it up.

That being noted, you're all being nasty to each other and it doesn't honestly make any sense to me... it's not like saying harsh things or posting provocative videos accomplishes anything other than furthering the feud or making everyone more upset.

Have you ever seen anyone change their behavior on a message board because they were called a liar or told to piss off?

I haven't, so it seems like a waste of time to me, but as you noted, this thread is kind of its own thing, so if it makes you happy somehow, you do you.  

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Lowkey, I don't think you guys should welcome him back.

Saying that, he is one of the best players in the world. And hopefully you sell Dembele to Arsenal to mitigate the move, lol.

I'm hardly an expert, but I do read a Barca specific forum to try to plug in, and the general consensus is that it's NEVER going to happen. For one thing, he apparently doesn't even have a buyout clause in his contract, and the owners of PSG got him in large part to shill for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

In any case, I haven't seen anyone say they would even WANT him back. A lot of Barca fans call him "Snakemar", and even for those who don't the general consensus is that while he is of course a truly fantastic player, he is also selfish and immature and the team is actually more balanced defensively without him.

I wasn't paying close attention when he was playing for Barca, but the stats for this La Liga campaign would seem to bear that out.

As for Dembele, he is the big hope of Barca fans everywhere, who howl each time Paulinho comes in and Valverde sets them in a 4-4-2. Fans want a 4-3-3 with Dembele on the wing to provide more width and attack.

I just liked that cartoon because Neymar went to Paris to escape Messi's shadow, but as Thierry Henry recently said, to escape Messi's shadow he needs to switch sports. 

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am happy to talk about soccer in this thread because I love the sport, but I am not happy about htis becoming the new Red and White Kop forum (and low key, the 'whataboutism' regarding the Carragher incident is what I am getting at).

I have kept silent until now.

I respect you BRS, but your last two forays into this forum had nothing to do with soccer,  but were soccer related incidents which you posted about with the design to get reactions from a certain fan base. You got it!

I have seen some take umbrage with others on their views, but I have never seen anyone try and shut down, or shut out, non Liverpool fans. Berggy has been posting in here pretty regular, and is a welcome fresh voice, even if he roots for that detestable side from the northeast.

If you feel inclined to talk about Atlanta United, or any other soccer teams, managers, players, ideas in a positive and non combative way, I'm sure the response would be likewise. But, if you come in shooting shots across the bow of a certain club, you must be prepared for the backlash.

I love Liverpool, the Dutch and US national teams, and follow DCU. I am always happy to discuss the beautiful game, and enjoy contributions from our other fans all over the globe. I am sure most all here feel the same when done in a positive and respectful manner.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Your midfield isnt strong enough for a 433

Also, with Griezmann coming in the summer, I do wonder who is the odd man out. I hope its Dembele, but I think its probably Suarez.

Did Dembele run over your dog or something? Geez. :ols:

In terms of 4-3-3, I have read that this is the Barca way. It seems that part of the Barca mythos, going back to Cruyff, is to play exciting football even if it doesn't win as much. Everybody seems to want a 4-3-3.

Also, with Busquets, Rakitic, and Coutinho/Iniesta I don't see why that wouldn't be a strong enough midfield. Busquets seems to be one of the best ever as a holding mid, Rakitic is in good form this year, and while Iniesta is getting old Coutinho seems to be pretty good as well.

The thinking with Griezmann seems to be that Suarez is aging and eventually so is (gulp) Messi even, so it would be more of a rotation next year and also a move for the future before it is necessary. I've seen a lot of people opine that as Messi gets older, he'll just drop deeper and play more in the creative mid role, which does leave a hole at forward, I guess.

Full disclosure... At this point in my fandom, most of what I am stating is just synthesized consensus from what I've read from others. I'm still at the point where I'm googling formations and what it means to "add width" to start with. :ols:

Edited by techboy

7 minutes ago, techboy said:

Did Dembele run over your dog or something? Geez. :ols:

???

I love Dembele. I want him at Arsenal.

7 minutes ago, techboy said:

In terms of 4-3-3, I have read that this is the Barca way. It seems that part of the Barca mythos, going back to Cruyff, is to play exciting football even if it doesn't win as much. Everybody seems to want a 4-3-3.

Also, with Busquets, Rakitic, and Coutinho/Iniesta I don't see why that wouldn't be a strong enough midfield. Busquets seems to be one of the best ever as a holding mid, Rakitic is in good form this year, and while Iniesta is getting old Coutinho seems to be pretty good as well.

Barcelona moved away from being a dominant midfield/tiki taka stuff when Enrique took over. Barca turned into something of a power team that was reliant on the front three being great.

When the front three couldn't hold it anymore (Neymar sold, Suarez losing a slight step) the midfield was exposed even more.

Busquets is a beast, but the 433 a lot of Barca fans want to play cannot be played anymore since Xavi retired. Iniesta is a beast, but IDK if you want to play that way against City or Bayern, but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

???

I love Dembele. I want him at Arsenal.

Oh, okay... I was missing that context. All I kept seeing was you hope they release him. I didn't even consider that angle.

Bad news for you, then... I'm pretty sure he's also part of their long term "aging forward replacement" plans.

1 hour ago, techboy said:

I just liked that cartoon because Neymar went to Paris to escape Messi's shadow, but as Thierry Henry recently said, to escape Messi's shadow he needs to switch sports. 

Is that why Neymar left? If so, I wouldn't want him back. If you leave for money—that's fine. We're entitled to make a living at whatever. But to leave because you are overshadowed—that's an ego problem that will never go away. Sit back and learn from the master. 

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I have kept silent until now.

I respect you BRS, but your last two forays into this forum had nothing to do with soccer,  but were soccer related incidents which you posted about with the design to get reactions from a certain fan base. You got it!

I have seen some take umbrage with others on their views, but I have never seen anyone try and shut down, or shut out, non Liverpool fans. Berggy has been posting in here pretty regular, and is a welcome fresh voice, even if he roots for that detestable side from the northeast.

If you feel inclined to talk about Atlanta United, or any other soccer teams, managers, players, ideas in a positive and non combative way, I'm sure the response would be likewise. But, if you come in shooting shots across the bow of a certain club, you must be prepared for the backlash.

I love Liverpool, the Dutch and US national teams, and follow DCU. I am always happy to discuss the beautiful game, and enjoy contributions from our other fans all over the globe. I am sure most all here feel the same when done in a positive and respectful manner.

TBF Berggy has very little to be disgruntled or salty about when it comes to Liverpool outside of the obvious historical rivalry which makes football special. Heck the last time they beat us in the league they were nice enough to give Moisey a final nudge out the door. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

In bed goosed watching the Utd game the lappy and I've got the FS1 feed.

Man alive Stuart Holden is a worse analyst than he was footballer. Which is quite the achievement to be fair. With him and such 'luminaries' as Warren Barton and Robbie Earle I feel for you guys. 

The less said about the game the better. 

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is the point of Manchester United in 2018? The Suarez Sanchez signing made no sense and he is being exposed for being a player that doesn’t make a team great. He also displaced Martial who was emerging.

Mourinho and that midfield is a mess.

What is the point of that club?

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

Perfect night of European footy. 

Seville the quarters be boss. To get two trips there in one season would be a dream. Best City in Spain and it's not even close. And much rather Rome than the pain in the arse that is Kharkiv and Shaktar. Yeah, it's carnage the night of the match but the rest of the time Rome's a great City to be in. 

Barcelona to join Munich tomorrow 
please.

That'd leave 5 brilliant Euro aways. And City would suffice to save cash and holidays. The only one I defo don't want, for obvious reasons, 
is Turin.

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

In bed goosed watching the Utd game the lappy and I've got the FS1 feed.

Man alive Stuart Holden is a worse analyst than he was footballer. Which is quite the achievement to be fair. With him and such 'luminaries' as Warren Barton and Robbie Earle I feel for you guys. 

The less said about the game the better. 

Hail. 

As long as it gets participation up.

Holden is 2nd worst to Lalas for me... Lalas is insufferable.  I hope he gets herpes right in the center of his red ass hole.

Anyway.... that boy Jose REALLY said "Liverpool have Champions League to deal with but they don't have the FA Cup".... he REALLY. SAID. THAT.

The ****ing special one doesn't begin.

:rofl89:

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

What is the point of Manchester United in 2018? The Suarez signing made no sense and he is being exposed for being a player that doesn’t make a team great. He also displaced Martial who was emerging.

Mourinho and that midfield is a mess.

What is the point of that club?

You really hate hispanics don't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2