Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

18 hours ago, FrFan said:

It took him a couple of years to come back from ACL surgery, since then he's inconsistent. He tore it in late 2015 and was selected by Deschamps in Nov 2017. Ndombele I don't know, I don't really follow since I don't like OL.

Interesting relationship between L1 and the Premier League. It seems like PL mid-table teams are able to do incredible business buying legitimate top talent for peanuts and then flipping it. If I was any big club bar Real, Barca and Bayern who can buy almost anyone at the drop of a hat, I'm looking for the next Kante before he gets to Leicester. 

5 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Interesting relationship between L1 and the Premier League. It seems like PL mid-table teams are able to do incredible business buying legitimate top talent for peanuts and then flipping it. If I was any big club bar Real, Barca and Bayern who can buy almost anyone at the drop of a hat, I'm looking for the next Kante before he gets to Leicester. 

As a matter of fact we've been raided by foreign clubs, the irony being we've got an average national team ! It would be interesting to see how many of them will live up to expectations ? I remember medias raving about Martial, Pogba, Kondogbia and others, now even Griezmann is struggling. Situation over here is getting worse, we've got fights between players on and off the field (KB-Valbuena), the worst officiating ever. Lyon will face discipline from FIFA foracts of racism from their lousy fans, Marseille too, both clubs also facing disipline form the FFF. In Lille fans invaded the field to kick ass their own players !

I like Kante he's a good kid with lot of talent not an arrogant prick like some others, let's see if he can be consistent year in year out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrFan said:

As a matter of fact we've been raided by foreign clubs, the irony being we've got an average national team ! It would be interesting to see how many of them will live up to expectations ? I remember medias raving about Martial, Pogba, Kondogbia and others, now even Griezmann is struggling. Situation over here is getting worse, we've got fights between players on and off the field (KB-Valbuena), the worst officiating ever. Lyon will face discipline from FIFA foracts of racism from their lousy fans, Marseille too, both clubs also facing disipline form the FFF. In Lille fans invaded the field to kick ass their own players !

I like Kante he's a good kid with lot of talent not an arrogant prick like some others, let's see if he can be consistent year in year out.

Martial was unstoppable at times when he was deployed as a number 9 his first season at United. I don't think his relative decline is his fault he's a brilliant player. 

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Martial was unstoppable at times when he was deployed as a number 9 his first season at United. I don't think his relative decline is his fault he's a brilliant player. 

He is, but like many others he is inconsistent, we also witnessed his decline with team France too, (no Jose Morito there ;)).

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

My personal favorite:

Reached number 3 in the charts that '88 Cup Final song! The '80's were mad times haha.

Pity modern day footie has got away from the Cup Final song. A lot where cheesy like but it was part of the whole tradition that made the Cup Final so special and brought the whole Country to a standstill whoever was playing. Now, it's more often than not 'just A N Other game.' Real sad the FA Cup's demise in general. 

Way to celebrate your 21st Birthday. Scoring a Bale-esq Worldie for your Country on your full debut. 

Boys own stuff. 

Hail. 

The zenith of footy songs probably peaked with the England 1990 World Cup brilliant classic 'World in Motion.' Which madly is New Order's only UK #1. Which totally blows me away given the tunes in their back catalogue right back to the Joy Division days.

And here's Digger showing that he isn't only one of the most naturally gifted footballers ever, but one cool MF with an impromptu rap on the tube in London. 

Hail. 

Frigging PL man. 

Nice to see both L'pool and City have completely ignored the plea from the both the SOS and Spion Kop 1906 for a cap on tickets to say £30 in line with normal aways. Instead, they go £45/ £40. Having just come off paying £60 in Porto. Not like both clubs aren't making a **** load for reaching the quarters.

PL clubs. Greedy ****s! 

Mad that the cheapest Euro away this year, the qualifier Hoffenheim aside, was Moscow of all places! 

And then to top it off, L'pool are pushing ahead with their bollocks 200 people collection in Manchester the day of the game. And want your passport #, for a UK game and 45-minute train ride away. You couldn't make it up.

Hail. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

...how did France blow that 2-0 lead?

Arrogance and a putrid D. Varane  and Umtiti played only 4 times together, the first one is a joke and the second one needs to use his brain more.

Colombia during first half, Colombia during second half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You can't receive messages apparently.

Sort it out ASAP Soldier!  

Hail. 

Oh **** I know what this is!  Doing it now!  Was just talking about it yesterday!

• Haha 1