Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And NOBODY can tell me these aren't fixed.

16 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

There's no way these draws aren't rigged. 

Oh, come on... corruption in International football? The very concept is outrageous! Sep Blatter is deeply offended.

That being noted, as a still relative newcomer it has been interesting to observe reactions to various events. It seems like most people outside of the Barca community think the status quo is "UEFAlona", but the entire Barcelona fan base appears to be convinced that UEFA has it out for them and is just begging for another chance to drop a bomb on them.

I guess it's not all that different than NFL fans and referees, except magnified by the religion status these teams seem to enjoy in Europe.

Anyway, I know Roma is supposed to be one of the easier sides left, but I'm a little disappointed because my wife and I love Rome and I have a soft spot in my heart for Roma. When I started watching random matches I actually tried to be a Roma fan, but Ray Hudson and Barcelona claimed my heart. 

4 hours ago, techboy said:

Oh, come on... corruption in International football? The very concept is outrageous! Sep Blatter is deeply offended.

That being noted, as a still relative newcomer it has been interesting to observe reactions to various events. It seems like most people outside of the Barca community think the status quo is "UEFAlona", but the entire Barcelona fan base appears to be convinced that UEFA has it out for them and is just begging for another chance to drop a bomb on them.

I guess it's not all that different than NFL fans and referees, except magnified by the religion status these teams seem to enjoy in Europe.

Anyway, I know Roma is supposed to be one of the easier sides left, but I'm a little disappointed because my wife and I love Rome and I have a soft spot in my heart for Roma. When I started watching random matches I actually tried to be a Roma fan, but Ray Hudson and Barcelona claimed my heart. 

A Man Utd fan says if Essien actually knew how to clear a ball the referee wouldn't have mattered and United would have won 2 straight CLs. 

Another day, another record for the majestic Muslim. Now the most goals in a debut season in L'pool's history. Quite the achievement trough 136 years. 

PL goals record in a season is 34. (Cole with Newcastle and Shearer with Blackburn through 40 and 42 games respectively.). 

Mo's on 28 (4 more than any other player Europe's top 5 leagues) mid-March. 

Liking the odds of him smashing that.

Hail. 

15 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Don't know if anyone caught the Leipzig- Munich game this tea-time? (Screw watching Leicester- Chelsea.). 

Naby doing what Naby does. Dominated the match. Scored and assisted the RBL winner. 

May God go with opposing midfield's next year. 

Hail. 

Couldn't watch today, but have gotten to see him half a dozen times this season, and he always stands out. Can't wait to see him in proper Red.

Timo Werner has always shown well too. Kid has pace to burn.

Keita be a nice replacement for the bollocks that is Emre Can. Baffling to me how he's always on the sheet.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Don't know if anyone caught the Leipzig- Munich game this tea-time? (Screw watching Leicester- Chelsea.). 

Naby doing what Naby does. Dominated the match. Scored and assisted the RBL winner. 

May God go with opposing midfield's next year. 

Hail. 

There's no way around the need for two way midfielders at the very top European football at the moment. If you want to have a deep lying playmaker in front of the back four you have to have two mobile midfielders in front of him that can carry the ball and break up attacks, especially in the premier league. Number 10s that drift about are out and the back 4 shield that can do f all with the ball at his feet are out. Too bad our manager is stuck in 2008. 

On 3/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Messi aside, is there a better footballer on the planet than Mo Salah right now? 

On a 
complete other level

Just give him the Ballon'dOr now.

Hail. 

He's on the tier below Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar. Arguably the top name on that tier on current form. No shame in it and 365 days ago you'd have called me a lunatic for saying that. The player he compares to the most imo is a prime Robben or Overmars. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Neymar is hurt so you can't really have him on that list but Ronaldo is still better. Third best player in the world for Salah is definitely a conversation you can have right now. 

Surely he should be leading the conversation for the Ballon'dOr for the best player in the World this year considering he leads everyone, Ronaldo and Messi included, in goals and trails Messi by a mere 1 assist?

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

Lyon face European ban after Uefa charge while on suspended ban - BBC Sport

If these aren't kicked out of Europe UEFA will be a bigger shambles of a governing body than they normally are. 

Hail. 

18 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Lyon face European ban after Uefa charge while on suspended ban - BBC Sport

If these aren't kicked out of Europe UEFA will be a bigger shambles of a governing body than they normally are. 

Hail. 

They deserve it, their boss is a twitter cry baby, their fans are worst than Eagles fans, and some of their players major scumbags. They once went on the roof top of a building (including team captain) chanting St Etienne fans are a bunch of inbreds.

They will face discipline by the FFF for the riots in Marseille yesterday. See their prick homophobic GK Lopes

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

They deserve it, their boss is a twitter cry baby, their fans are worst than Eagles fans, and some of their players major scumbags. They once went on the roof top of a building (including team captain) chanting St Etienne fans are a bunch of inbreds.

They will face discipline by the FFF for the riots in Marseille yesterday. See their prick homophobic GK Lopes

I'll take Fekir in a heartbeat. Ndombele looks like a good one too. 

8 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

I'll take Fekir in a heartbeat. Ndombele looks like a good one too. 

It took him a couple of years to come back from ACL surgery, since then he's inconsistent. He tore it in late 2015 and was selected by Deschamps in Nov 2017. Ndombele I don't know, I don't really follow since I don't like OL.

gotta get in, hopefully, for page 1234 of the soccer thread. 

I've been sleeping on the French for the WC. Not a bad squad.

Giroud, Griez, Dembele, Martial, Mbappe (forwards), also secondary guys like Lacazette and Coman

Rabiot, Lemar, Kante, Pogba, and Blaise in midfield

Defense isn't stellar, but I'd give them a "solid"

Lloris in goal. 

Still hoping for a Belgium/Brazil final though IF neymar can get fit.