Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

18 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

One Job! You had one bloody job and you couldn't even get that right! :angry:

Hail. 

hahaha.  We have been a bottom side since the turn of 2018.  Our best moment has been "almost beating Barcelona at home playing PTB."  No one hates Spurs more than me...but they are just a better squad than we are at this point in time.  

Good luck this week!  If nothing else it should be a free flowing attacking game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That's r goalies ****ed then! 

Hail. 

Yeah the old joke about Dracula failed as a goalkeeper because he was scared of crosses.

And speaking of Dracula, didn't Bruce G condemn Mignolet for staying in his six yard box, and said he was "worse than Dracula, because at least Dracula comes out of his coffin now and then."

• Haha 1

I missed that comeback because my wife and I were visiting close family friends in Belgium, but I caught it today on 90 in 30. Deadspin has an article today that is titled something like "Messi comes in late, strolls around, saves game", which notes that he was under doctor's orders not to sprint too far or change pace too quickly (you can see him walking in the top on the 2nd goal).

On the subject of Belgium, it's unreal to me that such a tiny country is so high in the FIFA world ranking. I'm probably going to cheer for them in the World Cup since the US is out already.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, techboy said:

I missed that comeback because my wife and I were visiting close family friends in Belgium, but I caught it today on 90 in 30. Deadspin has an article today that is titled something like "Messi comes in late, strolls around, saves game", which notes that he was under doctor's orders not to sprint too far or change pace too quickly (you can see him walking in the top on the 2nd goal).

On the subject of Belgium, it's unreal to me that such a tiny country is so high in the FIFA world ranking. I'm probably going to cheer for them in the World Cup since the US is out already.

Messi is a different breed. We wont appreciate his brilliance for another 10 years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, techboy said:

I'll probably be rooting for Belgium myself, since my Oranje are still getting their **** together in this post Van Persie, Robben, Sneijder era. Like watching your little brother all grown up.

Gonna be pulling hard for Egypt too...them having the Egyptian King and all...

• Thanks 1

Super three-quarter hour listen:

https://www.acast.com/thebiginterviewwithgrahamhunter/jurgenklopp-fortheloveofthegame

This man ..... Completely unlike ANY other manager out there. That first press conference. 'The Normal One' ..... never has a self-description been
more apt

Soz if he's not at your club. SO privileged he's in my City at mine.

Hail. 

1 hour ago, techboy said:

I wouldn't put anything on the FIFA rankings mate. They reflect little and are badly flawed. Few in Europe pays much of any attention to them. 

That aside, Belgium as a footballing Nation per se is a superb story over the years with some of the top draw talent, players and coaches; and teams, club and National, they've produced. 

Hail. 

Matip done for the year. 

Sorry for him, as much as I never want to see him anywhere near the pitch in an ideal World. But at least now van Dijk can have a settled partner in Lovren who won't panic all those around him. Ragnar the Red stepping up again to be a lot higher in depth than ever he was signed for. Invaluable cheap experience he's turned out to be. 

Talking CH's, I hope for City's sake Kompany was just being bullish with bravado to the media about not being worried about Anfield. If he wasn't, man alive is he in for a major shock. You might think you've experienced the lot mate, but you haven't until you've experienced that 
arl place when she's fully rocking under the European lights. With no three days holiday needed on this, taking a half day tomorrow. Good few scoops in town then up the ground around tea-time to great the coaches. Something I've never actually done as we're usually still in the alehouse haha. Fixing to be one of the real special Anfield European nights. Gonna' be mental!

'Allez, Allez, Allez ..... ' Europe. It's what we do. 

29595154_2046773135610085_39455486403064

Hail. 

Superb result from Madrid tonight. Bouncing at that. Can't fail to have an absolutely boss trip the semi with Turin out of the equation. 

Just need to take care of City now, Like a kid at Christmas for this one. We know the massive difference Anfield makes on a European night. You underestimate it at your peril. Gonna' be absolutely mad tomorrow with everyone on it. Love that City and the press are downplaying it. It just stirs up everyone more as we know the difference we make. Love that the MEN did the click bate disgrace on greeting the coaches. It's just gonna' have more lads turn out and 
more mad pyro laden bedlam whipping everyone up into a frenzy.

This is what you live for. The memories from nights like these. 

Europe. It's what we do. 

Can

not 

WAIT!!!!!

'Bring on your Internazionale, Bring on yer Roma by the Score ..... '

Hail. 

• Like 1