Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Hey Morrison. Come defend this one .....

****ing little rat is at it again. But he’s part the England great hopes so **** all be done. Tottenham, and their ****house manager who condones it, are a disgrace.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBeardedRauI/status/967757387665899520/video/1

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Huge win that for a multitude of reasons, none of which include aesthetics. After Chelsea took the lead Old Trafford was even more of a funeral home than it usually is but for the first time in a while the players showed some metal when things weren't going their way.

Attack was disjointed at times (again) but when they do look dangerous when everyone gets on the same page. Happy for Lukaku because he does work his rear end off but when he's confident he's a lot better on the ball than he gets credit for, which showed in both the goals. 

We've been pleading and begging for Mourinho to play a proper midfield three if he's going to insist on the double pivot, with Pogba not being in that double pivot, and once again it worked; this time against a very good team. Jesse Lingard simply cannot fill that hybrid number 10 role in front of two deep midfielders and tbf to him not many can. Willian, De Bruyne and Isco off the top of my head and I'm sure there a few more but it's a tough role to execute. Thought McTominay recovered from his error admirably and in general looks a very composed player. I don't think he'll turn into anything spectacular but he's a solid two way player with a good football IQ for his age. 

I used the "English Pedro" analogy ironically, but when you deploy Lingard in a similar position and role, that's where you're getting the best out of him. When he's allowed to be fluid in the final third he can be a very dangerous player and he'll run his socks off for you. Nobody is a bigger Martial than myself, but throwing Lingard on for him and not Rashford was a brilliant substitution. Kudos to Mourinho on that. 

Lastly, I hope the Glazer family is proud of the atmosphere they've created inside Old Trafford by turning it into a playground for the wealthy. The murmurs and groans by those who are there for a show are drowned out only by the away team supporters. I understand that club ownership is a completely different proposition than it was in 1990 when I drew Lee Sharp's name and number on the back of a red t-shirt, but this family has absolutely no regard for the club of the Salford working class, only the brand that Alex Ferguson created. Matches at Old Trafford are now a few thousand away supporters, a few thousand United supporters, and about 70,000 tourists. Choke on every dollar you have milked from the brand you had nothing to do with building, you greedy soulless swines. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad for them that they did get a goal from open play and fair play to Kevin Friend for not giving one of the fives, one by Kane, three from Alli and one from Lamela (even though it was two and the second was so awful it was hilarious when he was shielded off the ball he just fell to his knees and hopped right back up).  They are a shame.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hey Morrison. Come defend this one .....

****ing little rat is at it again. But he’s part the England great hopes so **** all be done. Tottenham, and their ****house manager who condones it, are a disgrace.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBeardedRauI/status/967757387665899520/video/1

Hail.

Video isn't working but I presume it's the Ali dive from earlier. Terrible dive I agree 100%. He should be punished at this stage no doubt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When David Silva's retires it'll likely be with very little fanfare, and even though he's widely acknowledged as a world class player, for me he's truly been one of the best players of his generation. He grew into a more central role as he got older, but at Valencia he was one of the best wide attackers in world football. Disregarding him playing for a rival, he's an absolute joy to watch. Leaps and bounds better than Fabregas imo. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Liverpool fans still supporting Suarez’s racism tho? Unreal

28 years a United fan and tbh I saw it live and paid zero attention to anything after that. Tbh that's the nature of the football culture in England. With the exception of heinous crimes they'll stick with their guy no matter what. Had Suarez played for any other club when the incident with Evra happened the fans would have supported him. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Liverpool fans still supporting Suarez’s racism tho? Unreal

God. What's Suarez done now in Barcelona? ..... Oh, wait. You don't mean the utter witchhunt B/S taking the hearsay of a confirmed liar over lip-reading experts and nobody else on the pitch corroborating his claims?

Luis Suarez is many things. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the football club and I've heavily castigated him for his actions. But a racist on the word of a liar he most certainly is not. 

That was B/S from start to finish.

Hail. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Morrison J said:

I'm not getting into another mad debate but I called the Kane penalty decision harsh at the time if you read back.  

You asked, so I looked as it's only 11 or so pages back. You spent 3/4 pages arguing the correct decision had been made. And before you try flip that into the non-offside call as you vainly went on to below, if the correct decision, in your view and by the view of the selective 'experts' you put up was correct, then you're saying the penalty call was correct too as that was the ultimate decision. Saying it's a close call/ dubious. L'pool were unlucky BUT it\s the correct decision is as contradictory as it get's. 

Just admit you were the only one trolling for the sake of it and cut the B/S. 

On 04/02/2018 at 6:26 PM, Morrison J said:

You can't be offside when it was last played by a Liverpool player though. Whether it was a dive or not is a close call though. I'd like to see it again.

Think a draw was fair overall. Think Spurs shaded it but a few close calls went their way tbf. Great game.

On 04/02/2018 at 6:31 PM, DC9 said:

Amazing how all of the world is saying neither one of those was a pen... except you and the Tories in North London.

On 04/02/2018 at 6:37 PM, Morrison J said:

Carragher and Souness on Sky are agreeing with me for the record!

On 04/02/2018 at 6:39 PM, DC9 said:

For both..? ...

On 04/02/2018 at 6:41 PM, Morrison J said:

Both said Spurs deserved a draw, both said Lovren played the ball for the first penalty so wasn't offside. 

On 04/02/2018 at 7:19 PM, Morrison J said:

How do you come to that conclusion? They both agreed that both were pens. 

Dermot Gallagher (Ex Prem Referee) also brought on to the show and said every decision was spot on. 

I said in my first post that I thought they were close calls. Most days Spurs probably don't get them all to go there way but today they did. .....

On 04/02/2018 at 8:59 PM, Morrison J said:

Since the neutrals are agreeing with me maybe ye should take a look at yourselves ;)

On 05/02/2018 at 1:43 PM, Morrison J said:

This kind of rational thinking isn't allowed on here I'm afraid. The pitchforks will be out for you soon too.

At the end of the day, Lovren played the ball so the correct decision was 100% made there. Kane couldn't have been offside by the rules of the game. I do think the actual penalty decision (Karius' foul) was dubious enough. Kane was definitely looking for the contact. Not a straightforward call by any means though.

On 05/02/2018 at 2:07 PM, Morrison J said:

IMG_20180205_140038.jpg

That's the rule according to the book so I don't see Clattenburg's argument to be honest. These rules are made in order to give the benefit to the attacking team and that's exactly what happened. "Deliberate" means any attempt to play the ball that results in a touch. 

The mere fact that it causes so much debate means Liverpool were pretty unfortunate to come out the wrong end of it to be fair. I do think the correct decision overall was probably made though.

Yeah I respect the linesman for putting himself out there to be honest too. Most would shirk from the responsibility in that position. 

On 05/02/2018 at 2:14 PM, Morrison J said:

Hopefully this clears it up: 

On 05/02/2018 at 5:05 PM, Morrison J said:

This puts it to bed anyway. Decision was the correct one even if they made a bit of a balls of the process in giving it. Wonder if Klopp will come out and apologise for not knowing the rules of the game and wrongly calling the referee inadequate.

Feel free to spin that as you so often do. (The strawman has been put out there already by pushing the offside line).  b

But it's out there and it shines through in 11 posts at least how you sided with Kane and Tottenham's diving/ cheating that game. And that's before we even get into Lamela and your stringent arguing on that being correct too. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

God. What's Suarez done now in Barcelona? ..... Oh, wait. You don't mean the utter witchhunt B/S taking the hearsay of a confirmed liar over lip-reading experts and nobody else on the pitch corroborating his claims?

Luis Suarez is many things. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the football club and I've heavily castigated him for his actions. But a racist on the word of a liar he most certainly is not. 

That was B/S from start to finish.

Hail. 

What did Evra lie about again? It was pretty clear that Suarez called him a "negrito."

That was pretty much not denied by anyone, including Suarez who said "yea, but it doesn't mean that.." So what did Evra lie about?

It was only BS because he played for Liverpool.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

BenningRoadSkin still doing due diligence and crack research tho?  Unreal

Of course, and Liverpool and their fans have all the answers.

The world is not happy with what your fans did this weekend.

10 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

28 years a United fan and tbh I saw it live and paid zero attention to anything after that. Tbh that's the nature of the football culture in England. With the exception of heinous crimes they'll stick with their guy no matter what. Had Suarez played for any other club when the incident with Evra happened the fans would have supported him. 

English football fans are beyond tribal.

I don't think Suarez is a racist, and there may have been something that was lost culturally. But in England, to many black people, and to Evra, that was offensive. The fact that Liverpool fans still feel the need to abuse Evra after that is just disgusting.

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

What did Evra lie about again? It was pretty clear that Suarez called him a "negrito."

That was pretty much not denied by anyone, including Suarez who said "yea, but it doesn't mean that.." So what did Evra lie about?

It was only BS because he played for Liverpool.

How many times and in what language did Evra say he'd been racially abused? All that couldn't be verified by anyone on the pitch or by experts after the event. But the FA charged Suarez on nottin' but his word? And how many false allegations has he brought previously? Aside from 'Negrito' not being an offensive/ racial slur in South America. 

If you don't even know what you're trying to argue, best to leave well enough alone. 

And if you think I'd defend a player just because he plays for L'pool/ the Redskins, you've patently never read my thoughts over the years on these here boards. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

How many times and in what language did Evra say he'd been racially abused?

Was it or was it not established that Sanchez called him "Negrito?" Did Sanchez admit to that?

That was literally not denied by ANYONE.

Like I said, you can all keep referring to your Liverpool fanzines and Liverpool websites and Liverpool social media outlets to confirm your warped mindsets, but the rest of the football world is shaking their heads and disgusted by you all.

'..... the rest of the football world is shaking their heads and disgusted by you all.'

Well that told us. Don't call a lying btard, well, a lying btard. When he's repeatedly lied. Not least in what you're trying to argue whilst ignoring things that don't suit. The fume from the World this weekend .....

Where do you come up with this bunkum? Bored morning? 

Hail. 

The irony is you know you can't answer the question of whether Suarez said it or not. That doesn't help the warped version that you and your lot have told yourselves over the last 5+ years, which then leads to yelling at and blaming Evra for what Suarez said and abusing him over the weekend for what Suarez did. Its insane and tribal.