Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just caught this. 

We didn't play 'Spurs yesterday. As to the point of the post that went totally over your head. 

Hail. 

Could read your post two ways with the way it was phrased to be fair. My bad. 

I dunno what point your making so. I'm not a Spurs supporter. I lose zero sleep if they win or lose. 

On 10/22/2017 at 12:12 PM, Morrison J said:

I'm talking about Liverpool's spine. I had back and forth on here last year saying how a spine of Matip-Henderson-Firmino isn't good enough to win the league and I was essentially laughed at. Now you're all acting like you knew they weren't good enough all along!

Spurs are better than Liverpool in pretty much every position. As are Chelsea as are Man City as are Man Utd. That's the reality of the situation from an outsider. Just because I don't sugercoat Liverpool pretending Jordan Henderson is the next Xavi you jump all over my opinions. Dunno what I've done wrong to be honest. The truth must hurt. 

I laughed at you because until yesterday they haven't beaten us since RG3 had a future.

3 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

You should look at the league tables since RG3 had a future though ;)

And you should go back and look at the conversation we had.

I said nothing that wasn't incorrect.

And does one win make it correct?

You seem to think it does so have a moment.

Just now, DC9 said:

And you should go back and look at the conversation we had.

I said nothing that wasn't incorrect.

And does one win make it correct?

You seem to think it does so have a moment.

I can't fully remember who said what but I think it was mainly GHH who took issue with me not believing you had a good enough spine in fairness. That's all I'm talking about anyway. I'm pretty confident that's been proven to be the case over the past 12 months not just due to that one result last weekend. 

1 hour ago, Morrison J said:

I can't fully remember who said what but I think it was mainly GHH who took issue with me not believing you had a good enough spine in fairness. That's all I'm talking about anyway. I'm pretty confident that's been proven to be the case over the past 12 months not just due to that one result last weekend. 

Well, as I've said the last several posts... maybe not directly enough... it was more about Spurs not being all that than us.

As again, yesterday was their first win against us in half a decade.

22 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Well, as I've said the last several posts... maybe not directly enough... it was more about Spurs not being all that than us.

As again, yesterday was their first win against us in half a decade.

The conversation I am talking about was solely about Liverpool not having a good spine. Nothing to do with Spurs. 

All I've said about Spurs in the past is that they play some of the best football in the league and that they have a very good squad and will finish top 4/ahead of Liverpool. I don't see how anyone can argue with that. 

I also think the league table is a better indicator of which team is better not two results in a 38 game season. Last time Liverpool finished ahead of Spurs Tim Sherwood was their manager. That's a while back now.

Edited by Morrison J

6 hours ago, Morrison J said:

No. I took issue at you talking utter _____ at the 5 other clubs. 

Which outside of City you continue to do. 

Hail. 

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Jurgen Klopp to Bayern in 2018, imo

Aside from the fact he's going nowhere for the next 5 years, there's NO way in creation he'd EVER go to Munich. 

He's steeped in Dortmund hatred toward them and couldn't do that to his friends there. They repeatedly raped his Dortmund team of his best players to lessen the only serious opposition they had to intensify that hatred. Because they could. He's **** numerous barbs at Munich and poked fun of there loses since he's been at Anfield. 

Why the lame ass media keep connecting him to Bayern just because he happens to be German is beyond me when he patently wouldn't go there for all the tea in China. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Here's my every so often Rovers Report.

Sitting in 6th with one or two games in hand (depending on the team) over rest of the league because Rovers still have a fair few International players.  Just came off of a 3-0 whooping of Portsmouth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Why the lame ass media keep connecting him to Bayern just because he happens to be German is beyond me when he patently wouldn't go there for all the tea in China. 

Hail. 

So you're saying he's going to China? Hangzou Dragons?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

No. I took issue at you talking utter _____ at the 5 other clubs. 

Which outside of City you continue to do. 

Hail. 

What have I said that's incorrect about the 5 other clubs?

Also, you did take issue with me saying the Liverpool spine wasn't good enough. See below. Apparently I was the one talking ****e :rofl89:

On 05/02/2017 at 3:09 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You went and put Luiz over Matip which tells you everything about the bias you (claim not to) have, 

On 05/02/2017 at 5:34 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You started out talking about strong spines. You aren't getting much stronger than Matip or Henderson this year. Both on the sight test or by any other metric he's been one of the most dominant players in his role Europe wide this season. It's a complete misconception that Jordan Henderson isn't an influential top player. And I've been one of his biggest critics. Matip who's consistently been one of the top players the Bundesliga who Munich tried badly to recruit. That's half your 4 you just completely dismiss at whim. 

If you want to legit criticise L'pool there's lots you could bring up for that. 

If you want to talk ****e then it'll get called what it is. 

On 05/02/2017 at 6:41 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The only thing you've said of any relevance or truth above is that Mignolet is a liability. 

On 04/02/2017 at 8:17 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Matip- Henderson- Firmino has been as good in those positions for the majority of the season than anything the rest of the league by most any statistical metric you'd care to use. But keep pushing the lack of a spine line. 

1 hour ago, Morrison J said:

What have I said that's incorrect about the 5 other clubs?

Also, you did take issue with me saying the Liverpool spine wasn't good enough. See below. Apparently I was the one talking ****e :rofl89:

Take something from early this year when L'pool had been as good as anything up until the turn of it. 

Extrapolate that to now. 

And add a ridiculous smiley as some justification. 

Why would nobody be surprised at you reaching like that?

Hail. 

30 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Take something from early this year when L'pool had been as good as anything up until the turn of it. 

Extrapolate that to now. 

And add a ridiculous smiley as some justification. 

Why would nobody be surprised at you reaching like that?

Hail. 

It holds up though. 

I said your spine wasn't good enough. You told me I was talking ****e. I was proven correct. 

Now whenever the spine is brought up the narrative is "We knew this all along anyway". You clearly didn't. You thought Jordan Henderson being a key player was a sustainable route towards a league title. The evidence is above.

That's all I'm saying. I'll hold my hands up when I get things wrong but don't make me out to be the ****e-talker here!

Dude! Seriously! Give it up before you bury yourself deeper. 

At the time you made the point you were talking utter ****e. 

Now you've made yourself look super silly by pulling the same thing. 

To try claim it as fact now as both those players have dipped in form since then, and other clubs have added like Matic ...... Seriously, man, even I'm cringing for you by your post. 

Give it up before you become a parody of yourself here. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Dude! Seriously! Give it up before you bury yourself deeper. 

At the time you made the point you were talking utter ****e. 

Now you've made yourself look super silly by pulling the same thing. 

To try claim it as fact now as both those players have dipped in form since then, and other clubs have added like Matic ...... Seriously, man, even I'm cringing for you by your post. 

Give it up before you become a parody of yourself here. 

Hail. 

Haha you keep thinking that so.

Your spine isn't good enough. That is fact and always has been in the Klopp era whether you were able to see it or not. Seasons aren't won in December.