Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Mad game. Mad set of emotions. 

Pissed off before the game at the team. Although that said, after the absolutely disgraceful abuse Lovren has gotten this week forcing him off social media (Death threats? SERIOUSLY? Whoever you are? Liverpool 'fans' <term used VERY loosle>)/ opposition fans, whoever, you want hunting down and prosecuting. It's a game of football for ****s sake! It really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. Yers gutless, low life ****bags!), I can understand Klopp leaving him in and not bowing to outside pressure. It's one thing if he was allowed to make the change himself. But after all the abuse and scrutiny, I get the loyalty to stand by and boost his players confidence. Didn't get moving Bobby out wider to accommodate Daniel. They both want to play the middle now and just get in each other's way when he's coming in. 

Then came just exasperated, well,nottin'. Sat there the first half bored ____less in arguably the most apathetic, tedious half of football we've experienced under Jürgen. Leaving you HT thinking 'Just where the bleep are we going here?' Just flat and fed-up. 

Oh, and a mad peno incident ..... 

First off, nobody seemed to know if it had been given. Let alone for why? Then you'd a big scrum for who was going to take it from about 5 or 6 eager players. (None of which, strangely, was Milner who now seems like he's not interested since he missed his last one and ruined his perfect record.). Sturridge appeared to of anointed himself. Then Salah had it off him, with Sturridge's arms flailing. And after all that Salah apparently took it like a pass back. (I don't know. Always turn my back on pens. Have done since Rome '84. Superstition/ tradition thing. Shrugs.). 

So that's now 3 in a row we've missed. Milner. Firmino. (Who's form went to ____ after he missed the one in Europe this year until the second half today.). And Salah. 

I think we're gonna' have a raffle for who takes the next one. :)

Then, after he'd got into them HT, the second half happens and it was like everything the previous hour or so had been lifted and the Reds you so know and love were back. (Slight poetic license there but it was 100% better than the first and total dominance back to something like it should be. Funny how that happens when we play at tempo and get bodies forward in numbers huh?). 

The preverbal game of two halves. Some superb individual performances. A clean sheet. A gift of a first goal. Brilliantly finished by Daniel.FINALLY, we get some luck in 2017-18! Man it's BOSS to see that dance again! The second goal from a corner. Liverpool Football Club. Scoring with a header. From a CORNER! Then the best of the lot from Gini, All players who desperately needed a goal. A clean sheet. Another desperately needed thing for these Reds right now. And seeing a game out superbly. Fair play to Jürgies bezzie. They battled hard until the end which is exactly what you'd expect from a mini-Klopp. Can't understand why there's still a lot of apathy and narking around on social media. Real good win against a far inferior side that were put away like they should be. Like we always used to do. What's NOT to like in that?

MOTM Wijnaldum. Not seen that since last season when he was a viable POTY candidate.Man has he BADLY needed to run a game again this season. Topped off with the best goal of the bunch. 

Consolidate the position atop the European group Wednesday now and then West Ham next Sat'day evening to set things up nicely for the next break. Then with Sadio and Lallana back, we'll see where we are after the test of attrition through to January 1. 

Up the 'Yers having that Captain Picard lad!' Reds! 

#kloppin

Hail. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Save Pulisic from Bosz, Liverpool.

Talking of, and far be it from me to tell Dortmund how to best handle/ develop their players; but I thought he and BVB's decision to recal Jadan Sancho after the group stage was real poor.

You could half understand it with a Pulisic say who's a mainstay the side. But this is a kid who'd never even played for them they've deprived of experiencing something he never can again all for the sake of a late sub appearance the league he could of gotten next week.

Yeah, he'll get his winners medal but it's frigging tight to be kind to take away experiencing being a part with his teammates.

Bad form that Dortmund.

Hail.

• Like 1

This absolutely sickens me: 

Liverpool's Dejan Lovren slams 'disgusting' vile abuse towards family - Liverpool Echo

Absolutely despicable. They want tracing and prosecuting

Regardless of whether they're L'pool 'fans ' (term used VERY loosely) or trolling opposition fans, they are low life scum, of the earth human beings. What sort of twisted individual does that? 

Gutless, pathetic ****s hiding behind the anonymity of a screen.

It's just a game of football for Petes sake! It really doesn't matter all that much in the great scheme of things as we know more than most. 

Not that it would resonate with the sick ****s but they should be made watch the very personal video he put out on how he and his family fled the horrific war that broke up the Yugoslav States and everything Dejan has been through in his life to this point to see what type of man he is too.

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

Not great from us today.  I'd say Roma deserve all the credit and I guess they do, but all three* of their goals were massive mistakes from defense.  Poor selection and tactics from Conte, poor finishing from our front three who had plenty of opportunities, and extremely poor defending from: Alonso, Cesc, and Rudiger.  Playing Cesc Fabregas in a midfield 2 and asking him to cover ground is essentially akin to asking a caterpillar cross the united states.  He simply cannot do it he doesn't have the engine, the pace, the defensive awareness....he is overrun at EVERY turn.  If Conte continues to play him there he will lose his job, mark my words. 

Anyway, we now have a battle in what many consider the toughest group.  Not because the quality is overly great but I think more because all the teams are evenly matched.  It will come down to the last week, Chelsea vs Atletico at Stamford Bridge.  Too bad for EPL, too.  Chelsea first team to lose, so, sorry all.  

*Writing this with 5 minutes left so maybe Roma score more?  

Nice of the Egypt manager Cúper to omit Salah from the squad for final dead rubber in 11 days time.  

Thanking him. Every little 

Absolutely horrific run coming up after this break. From November 18- January 1, everyone has 11 league games in just 46 days. Roughly a game every 4 days. Along with 2 European games for those in Continental competition and a league cup quarter-final for those clubs still in that.

A crazy mad, serious war of attrition that could well decide everything for the second half of the season.

Every club is going to need everyone so the fewer miles in their legs the next few weeks the better.

helps.

Hail.