Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

18 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Good God you're a glutton for your own punishment Morrison. 

But don't let that stop you looking sillier and sillier. 

Hail. 

Says he never took issue with me saying you had a bad spine. 

Shown quotes showing him taking issue with me saying you had a bad spine.

Calls me the silly one:rofl89:

20 hours ago, Morrison J said:

The conversation I am talking about was solely about Liverpool not having a good spine. Nothing to do with Spurs. 

All I've said about Spurs in the past is that they play some of the best football in the league and that they have a very good squad and will finish top 4/ahead of Liverpool. I don't see how anyone can argue with that. 

I also think the league table is a better indicator of which team is better not two results in a 38 game season. Last time Liverpool finished ahead of Spurs Tim Sherwood was their manager. That's a while back now.

Say the conversation went something like this:

You:  Spurs have a great spine

Me:  Not assed at all about Spurs because they haven't beaten us since Obama's first term.

You:  Why do you think Liverpool have a better spine than Spurs?

Me:  Either you played Corky in "Life Goes On," or you are taking a piss.

A lot like this conversation now.  That at least two of us are trying to have with you.

Again... since 2012...

3-2 Liverpool

5-0 Liverpool

4-0 Liverpool

3-0 Liverpool

3-2 Liverpool

Draw

Draw

Draw

2-1 Liverpool

2-0 Liverpool

4-1 Spurs

OMG SEE!!!!

SEE!!!!

IT'S THE ****ING SPINE MATE!

I TOLD YOU IT WAS THERE THE LAST 11 FIXTURES WE LOST 25-11 ON AGGREGATE!

Enjoy it Morrison.  Get the t-shirt and the dvd.

I honestly don't know what point your trying to make. You keep making this about Spurs v Liverpool when I'm not talking about Spurs at all. I'm talking about Liverpool not having a spine/not being good enough to win the league which is being proven to be correct. 

I'm not a Spurs fan. It doesn't bother me if they win or lose against Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Morrison J said:

Says he never took issue with me saying you had a bad spine. 

Shown quotes showing him taking issue with me saying you had a bad spine.

Calls me the silly one:rofl89:

I know you've consistently shown your reading comprehension is nigh on non-extent when you don't want it to be but this is getting ridiculous even for you. 

I took issue with the bunkum you wrote on the other 5 clubs having a better spine back at the turn of the year. Last season. Which you went on to add to by digging it up. And then trying to vainly flip it as being some insightful observation as of now. Completely neglecting injuries/ form/ additions et all in the intervening period. All aside from you only popping up after bad L'pool defeats with your messed up observations. To be kind. First Hull. Now you're back after Tottenham. 

You must be nearly in Australia with this hole your digging for yourself now. 

Hail. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I know you've consistently shown your reading comprehension is nigh on non-extent when you don't want it to be but this is getting ridiculous even for you. 

I took issue with the bunkum you wrote on the other 5 clubs having a better spine back at the turn of the year. Last season. Which you went on to add to by digging it up. And then trying to vainly flip it as being some insightful observation as of now. Completely neglecting injuries/ form/ additions et all in the intervening period. All aside from you only popping up after bad L'pool defeats with your messed up observations. To be kind. First Hull. Now you're back after Tottenham. 

You must be nearly in Australia with this hole your digging for yourself now. 

Hail. 

Well, your spine proved that it wasn't good enough last year too when you finished fourth didn't it? It wasn't good enough then and it isn't now. It contains the same players. Zero improvement.

I only brought it up because I was prompted. Any opinion that isn't 100% pro Liverpool on here tends to get jumped all over. I'm just defending my opinion. 

Anyway, that's my post comparing the clubs spines last year. I dunno how you argued with it before to be honest. It's a valid point.

On 04/02/2017 at 5:00 PM, Morrison J said:

You don't win leagues without a spine. 

Compare the likes of..

Courtois-Luiz-Kante-Costa

Cech-Koscielny-Cazorla-Sanchez

De Gea-Bailly-Pogba-Ibrahimovic

Lloris-Alderweireld-Dembele-Kane

to

Mignolet-Lovren-Henderson-Firmino

Likes of Coutinho and Mane are very good players but they don't win games against Hull away for you. Desperately need a new GK, CB, CM and Striker. Only so much Klopp can do with whats at his disposal although he does seem to fail to show any signs of a plan B when struggling to break teams down. 

33 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Well, your spine proved that it wasn't good enough last year too when you finished fourth didn't it? It wasn't good enough then and it isn't now. It contains the same players. Zero improvement.

I only brought it up because I was prompted. Any opinion that isn't 100% pro Liverpool on here tends to get jumped all over. I'm just defending my opinion. 

Anyway, that's my post comparing the clubs spines last year. I dunno how you argued with it before to be honest. It's a valid point.

The bolded. 

Spoken from someone who patently pays both little attention to this thread and has little answer to the hole he's dug for himself. 

Hail. 

Great to have another big future piece tied down as he continues to develop away from the limelight. 

Ben Woodburn signs new long-term Liverpool FC deal - Liverpool FC

Jürgen Klopp: Ben Woodburn has the perfect balance to fulfil his talent - Liverpool FC

'There is a pathway to the first team at Liverpool' - Liverpool FC

Watching the RBL-Munich Pokal tie. 

Utterly mad how there's AVR the Bundesliga but not in the cup until the QF. 

Leipzig had a stonewall penalty (and stonewall red for Vidal) reversed on the pitch which surely wouldn't have been had the AVR option been in. If you have the technology and it's working so well, why not use it every game and every competition?

Sidenote- As all-around dominant as Keita is, he needs to reel his enthusiastic commitment back in a bit his 
tatles'. It's not so much he's overly aggressive per se. More that he makes so many he invariably mistimes one. You could well see his bookings being high the piss poor standard of PL officiating.  

Hail. 

*Edit* And now the ref. 'evens' up his earlier mistake by giving RBL another penalty that was nowhere near a penalty. 

Utterly mad how you can AVR in the league but not in the cup until the last 8. 

Defeats the whole object of bringing it in surely? 

On the plus side, FC Hollywood 
are losing again. That Ancelotti binning is working out fantastically.

*Double Edit* 1-1. ****s. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

13 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Also, Tottenham losing to West Ham...what else is there to say about their mentality? :table2:

It was a cup game which most clubs don't seem to take seriously.  I don't know if I'd read a lot into it.  However, their mental fortitude has been questioned for a bit now so maybe I'm wrong.

On 25/10/2017 at 5:37 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I would have to agree with you here. Big and little bro are all over you buddy :806:

On me like a rash no matter what :rofl89:

23 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Aren't GHH, Morrison, and UK all in England?  Why don't you three meet up and have a few ciders all this bickering is cluttering the Chelsea Champions thread :rofl89:

I'm Irish, close enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

I'm Irish, close enough.

Do you live in Ireland?  I loved it when I visited.  Although I almost got in about 12 different wrecks driving on the wrong side of the road in a manual while traversing Dublin after our flight and being up for 28 hours straight.  You folk are super friendly, in Galway especially I thought.  

2 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Do you live in Ireland?  I loved it when I visited.  Although I almost got in about 12 different wrecks driving on the wrong side of the road in a manual while traversing Dublin after our flight and being up for 28 hours straight.  You folk are super friendly, in Galway especially I thought.  

Yep. Live a little less than an hour outside of Dublin. Generally the further from Dublin you go the friendlier the people get. We're all fairly easy going though. Galway is a lovely part of the world. Love going over there. Something about the Irish and Americans that we always hit it off and get along great. (Bar myself and @DC9 sometimes ;))

Edited by Morrison J

Not miffed the slightest seeing Emre get the bench for this one, he's been **** the last few. Need Gini's speed midfield if you're gonna play Henderson and Milner together. Lallana and Mane can't return soon enough.

Waiting to see what happens January, think VVD is a must, but another CB couldn't hurt. In the hopes to get the side to play at the pace I think Klopp would like, I hope Lemar and Pulisic are firmly on the radar next summer. Heck, Lemar may be available January listening to his manager. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1