Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Si only 2 other teams have won by 7 away the CL and by making it three L'pool equal our record European away win ever. #kloppout

And Trent has now scored as many CL goals as Everton have in their entire history. :P.

But we should of been worried with the 2 opening draws apparently so yer know .....

Boss trip. Ljubiana (missed that the UEFA Cup a few years back) and Maribor are absolutely gorgeous places. Beautifully picturesque train ride in between. Got on the local radio station yesterday morning which was different. Been up the ground for a mooch and got talking this lad who was on his way to do his show so he banged us on the air. Sun cracking the flags so shorts and sunnies. Great, cheap scran and ale. Good bevvie with the press corp Momday which is always good to catch up with a few. And still trying to find an unfit Slovenian girl with another couple hours before the flight home so yer know? Perfect few days away. tongue.gif. Little bit of silliness around 6 yesterday when a load there lads and our young lads went at it for a few minutes with bottles and glasses flying but nottin' more. Dead nice people. 

Oh yeah, and then there's the Mighty 'in crisis' Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1

Not a great week by any standard for Chelsea.  Injuries and more competitions...barren squad...everyone knew it was coming.  Have to find a win this weekend against an in form Watford, hopefully it gets done.  Sitting atop our group in CL with no loss is nice and all, but there's a lot left to be desired.  4 points will be enough as we have a massive goal differential on Atletico...the win away against AM was a monumental result.  Would have liked to get all three yesterday after going 2-0 up but anyone who watched the game could tell Roma were bound to get many goals.  Without Kante our midfield is shambolic, trying to play Luiz there just does not work.

Anyway, I'll wait until after this weekend to start feeling the nerves...which is very possible given form and injuries. 

2 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Not a great week by any standard for Chelsea.  Injuries and more competitions...barren squad...everyone knew it was coming.  Have to find a win this weekend against an in form Watford, hopefully it gets done.  Sitting atop our group in CL with no loss is nice and all, but there's a lot left to be desired.  4 points will be enough as we have a massive goal differential on Atletico...the win away against AM was a monumental result.  Would have liked to get all three yesterday after going 2-0 up but anyone who watched the game could tell Roma were bound to get many goals.  Without Kante our midfield is shambolic, trying to play Luiz there just does not work.

Anyway, I'll wait until after this weekend to start feeling the nerves...which is very possible given form and injuries. 

I’m already seeing articles saying Conte will end up like Mourinho. Damn. 

Glad to see Bayern getting back it’s identity. I’d love Bayern and Celtic to go through but it’s not gonna happen. Freaking PSG.

20 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m already seeing articles saying Conte will end up like Mourinho. Damn. 

Glad to see Bayern getting back it’s identity. I’d love Bayern and Celtic to go through but it’s not gonna happen. Freaking PSG.

Journos really do a disservice to the public.  They drum up make believe stories ALL THE TIME and it pisses me off.  This is a profession that relies on accuracy less that batting averages in baseball...you hit 5% of the time and you're a good journalist.  I just wish they would shut their mouth if they don't have a story to write instead of just making things up all the time.  

With that said, it's no doubt that Roman has a short leash and getting rid of great managers is no problem for him.  If Conte is gone that's 2 top top managers gone in...2 years.  At some point you have to start looking in the mirror.  Great managers still need great players to succeed...a manager can only mask so many deficiencies.  The problem came this summer, when Drinkwater and Zappacosta came in and matic and Costa left.  We knew we had more footie to play and we still brought in second and third choices simply to replace, not strengthen.  

Anyway, I will wait until after the weekend to truly weigh in.  Things aren't great, but certainly we aren't at the level of 2015 Mou just yet.  

• Like 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Wasnt going to bother watching this game, pleased I am.

Watford are playing tidy football. Chelsea getting butched in central midfield.

Doucoure is bullying Bakayoko in midfield. Brilliant player. 

Still think Chelsea will be fine once they get Kante back. Massive loss to them. 

• Like 2

Didn’t deserve all 3 I think. But happy to have them. Passion from conte and the players tells me we aren’t in a 2015 situation. 

Kante is so massive for this squad. That’s my main takeaway. We essentially concede midfield when he is not out there...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Klopp doing more with the academy in the past two years than Wenger has in the past ten.

Hardly.

Brewster was quality though. Great to see, he's got some edge to him. If his move from Chelsea to Liverpool aids his progression through the the international ranks though, I'm all for it. 

9 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

One of the maddest 'It wasn't my fault!' I've ever heard. 

Bellend.

'I’m ashamed of what I’ve done': Everton fan who brawled while holding three-year-old breaks silence in fir...

Hail.

Wifey's probably happy he got to take it out on someone else!

:rofl89:"I'm not a dickhead." Yeah, sport, you are. There's proof for the world to see!

On a side note, watching that match, I couldn't believe Williams didn't get sent off. Should have at least been two yellows for the cheap shot shove of the keeper and the ensuing fracas, where he takes a couple swipes at the head/faces on Lyon players. Another Blue dickhead!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1