Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Ugh, West Ham is killing me. I'm going to have to wait till the last weekend to find out whether I'll be rooting for a Champions league team next season. If they would just win a few games....other teams are imploding, it's there for the taking if they want to stay up.

The amount of diving is pathetic. This is why I don't watch outside of the World Cup.

Understandable but the Spanish teams aren't totally representative. Stick with the Premier league. Higher tempo, less ****ing.

However, I am a soccer purist and I ****ing love watching Barca play. Madrid and Mourinho can go suck a ****.

Also, the world cup isn't even the best brand of soccer. It is a level below club.

Edited by desioreo87

Diving happens in every league. We like to kid ourselves that its not as bad in Britain but people are kidding hemselves. Dives, penalties that never were, shirt pulling, hounding the ref goes on every week.

The thing about the Barca - Real game is that sadly the disrespect between both teams is so high that both teams will do whatever it takes to get at the other. The play acting is awful but the idea Barca were worse? take a look at players like Di Maria of Real and of course Ronaldo.

Diving happens in every league. We like to kid ourselves that its not as bad in Britain but people are kidding hemselves. Dives, penalties that never were, shirt pulling, hounding the ref goes on every week.

The thing about the Barca - Real game is that sadly the disrespect between both teams is so high that both teams will do whatever it takes to get at the other. The play acting is awful but the idea Barca were worse? take a look at players like Di Maria of Real and of course Ronaldo.

Drug makers of Ambien and Lunestra, fast acting sleep medication are reporting a drop in quarterly sales which coincided with the beginning of the MLS season. :D

Soccer should not be pushed in the mainstream because the drug companies will continue to lose profits and the government, tax revenue. Watching soccer is the equivalent of taking a sleeping pill, and then they wouldn't be able to make money pushing Lunesta.

Yeah, it's bad everywhere but these match ups are taking the cake.

Yeah, it's bad everywhere but these match ups are taking the cake.

I don't understand why is soccer its called diving but in all other sports its called gamesmanship or being crafty

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

Drug makers of Ambien and Lunestra, fast acting sleep medication are reporting a drop in quarterly sales which coincided with the beginning of the MLS season. :D

Soccer should not be pushed in the mainstream because the drug companies will continue to lose profits and the government, tax revenue. Watching soccer is the equivalent of taking a sleeping pill, and then they wouldn't be able to make money pushing Lunesta.

somebody better call Bud Selig.......

Edited by jobaga

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck Barcelona tonight in the biggest game in soccer bar none, club or Country wise.

I shall be out having a meal and then seeing the second Hangover flick whilst the games on. ANYTHING to avoid having to see/hear about "them" potentially winning a 4th European Cup. All things being equal, Barca should batter Utd. But this is Utd in a one off game. And the amount of luck they've gotten in finals over the years it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see them win a 4th Euro big one.

Come on Barcelona. Liverpool for one is fully behind you. Keep our "friends" down the East Lancs two behind and well in our shadow.

Hail.