Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Not the point. Hosting the world's biggest sporting event is awesome. '94 was the most successful World Cup ever.

An event that most American don't care about. Let the world's event go to places that haven't had it. Same thing with Olympics. The US had their World Cup and Olympics, time for other nations have a chance.

• 2 months later...

Awesome game on Fox Soccer this morning. We tuned in just as the 2nd half was starting and Newcastle was down 4-0 to Arsenal. Flash forward 45 minutes and Newcastle had tied it up 4-4!! Very fun to watch!! Unfortunately, once they got the 4th goal they stopped pressing forward so much. I would have loved to see them go for the win. What do you really have to lose after being down 4-0??

• 2 weeks later...
Naw, he hasn't called an entire demograph 'ghey' yet. :ols:

inb4 "soccer fans are ghey".

No, I'm just calling you 'ghey'.

The rest are America-hating Commie/Hippie ****es! Play a real sport like baseball where people sit around and scratch their crotch all day or drive a car around making only left turns for 5 hours! This is America and if you dont like it, you can get out!

this thread is unamurrican! :mad:

Fixed. It's gotta come from the heart.

Just imagine imagine yourself somewhere deep in the heart of the south, coming home at dusk, after fetching a few catfish from out yonder on that there Mississippi. Then after supper, you can sit back on your recliner, rip open a packet of your favorite tobacky, and watch PBR. :)

• 1 month later...
Too bad the field is complete garbage. We will get a WC either in '26 or '30, it's sad that it's at least 15 years away.

Well it is New Jersey in March not in June/July, but the point is the stadiums were there. I'm positive the field would have been ready weeks in advance during warmer months.

Well it is New Jersey in March not in June/July, but the point is the stadiums were there. I'm positive the field would have been ready weeks in advance during warmer months.

I don't think a lack of stadiums were a reason as to why we didn't get the '22 WC bid. I honestly believe Qatar's pitch and promise of these state of the art stadiums, which look visually stunning, helped sway the votes to them to be the host for 2022.